The Mall of America Bowl

Use ESPN's Bottom 10 and have a playoff. Multiple games. Or a round robin tourney like beer league softball. They could drink Pabst on the sideline.

Could be decent if done right. The BIG championship should rotate between Indy, Detroit and us. We would have the best venue and hospitality hands down.

I’d rather them try to win the rights to the FCS title game.

Get a restaurant involved. My vote is for the Big Bowl Bowl.

If you look at a map and the bowls by region:
Ocean: 2 (Hawaii & Bahamas)
West: 3 (California)
Mountain/Desert: 6 (Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, west Texas)
Southeast: 17 (east Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina)
Northeast: 3 (Michigan, Maryland, New York)

There is absolutely a big gap right in the middle of the map that Minneapolis or maybe St. Louis could bridge. But the trick will be which bowl to swap for it since we're pretty close to the maximum possible (without further diluting the qualifications). I would gladly go to a game if there was one locally.
It is absolutely pathetic that Idaho is allowed to have an outdoor bowl game. Who the hell wants to freeze their privates off, in Boise, Idaho, to go watch a low end MWC team play a low end MAC team??

Attendance has only been above 20k once in the last six games, and that was Idaho vs Colorado St. The U of Idaho is no longer an FBS team, so it can't play in that bowl game anymore, and Boise State will almost never be in that game due to their success.

That bowl should be forced to move.

Maybe have a porta potty company sponsor it and we can call it the Minneapolis "Toilet Bowl". LOL

I'd go if it were reasonable and was teams that aren't the very bottom of the D1 barrel.
There's already a Detroilet Bowl...

I say snipe the camping world bowl. Decent teams, Orlando already has a low and high level bowl, don't need 3

There's already a Detroilet Bowl...

I say snipe the camping world bowl. Decent teams, Orlando already has a low and high level bowl, don't need 3
I think San Diego has (or had) 2....

Honestly San Diego... probably should have 2, that's a good town.

Less so stadium...

Detroit only makes sense because the MAC and B1G are geographically close. If one were to move here, that would be the one that would make sense. However, it's pretty rare for Bowls to change metro areas, let alone states, so I don't see how MN gets one unless it is a new one. And I can't imagine they could get anything outside of Sun Belt 5 vs. MWC 7 or something, which would sell approximately 3 tickets. But maybe you do that for 5 years, prove you can host the game and pull in money, then go after the bigger conferences.

This was talked about for years with the Metrodome, but nobody ever got the ball rolling. Could you imagine if it had, and they had to play the game outdoors in TCF Bank Stadium when they were building US Bank Stadium? Oof. Nobody would have come.

No more bowls!!!!

However,

General Mills Cereal Bowl

The Minnesota Timberwolves Toilet Bowl!

Matching the lowest ranked teams in the P5 for the coveted "Menard's Toilet Trophy"! Teams would get a goodie bag from Menards, Mills Fleet Farm, Duluth Trading Company and Artic Cat! Maybe even some discount coupons for their parents to get new Anderson or Marvin Windows! Through in some 3M office sticky notes and who could possibly turn this down?
Seriously, no more bowls! Ever!

This is an underrated reply!

I don't know why but the gift bag part of the bit really made me laugh. Menards made think of their discount gloves and giant bag of salted nut rolls...

The Minnesota Timberwolves Toilet Bowl!

Matching the lowest ranked teams in the P5 for the coveted "Menard's Toilet Trophy"! Teams would get a goodie bag from Menards, Mills Fleet Farm, Duluth Trading Company and Artic Cat! Maybe even some discount coupons for their parents to get new Anderson or Marvin Windows! Through in some 3M office sticky notes and who could possibly turn this down?
Seriously, no more bowls! Ever!

Also tickets are cheap .... but only if you mail in a rebate form to Menards...

Also, I prefer "General Mills Cereal Bowl"

General Mills tends to promote their cereal brands, rather than the corporate name (much like Kellogg's and the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl). But the Wheaties Cereal Bowl would be perfect. With all the stadiums going up around here lately, I can't believe Wheaties didn't make it in somewhere.

The DQ Blizzard Bowl also seems like a natural.

General Mills tends to promote their cereal brands, rather than the corporate name (much like Kellogg's and the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl). But the Wheaties Cereal Bowl would be perfect. With all the stadiums going up around here lately, I can't believe Wheaties didn't make it in somewhere.

The DQ Blizzard Bowl also seems like a natural.

Oh no that's a terrible call by the refs.

AND OH MY HERE COME THE DILLY BARS FLYING OUT OF THE STANDS ONTO THE FIELD! WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE EVERYONE DILLY BARS!?!?!?

If we landed a bowl game, they'd work it out to select mid-west teams where fans potentially could drive (e.g., Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, etc.). I think it'd be good to rotate some of the lesser bowl games, where four cities host the game so it cycles back every fifth year. Having a once-every-five-years bowl game would probably attract more fans than having it in the same location every year.

Super Bowl 52 should have blazed the trail for a bowl game in Minneapolis. Even when a bowl game is mostly started and owned by ESPN, it needs a local organization. We had that in-place already for the Super Bowl.

Reviving those partnerships for an annual event may also be what it will take to land the CFP Championship.

Oh no that's a terrible call by the refs.

AND OH MY HERE COME THE DILLY BARS FLYING OUT OF THE STANDS ONTO THE FIELD! WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE EVERYONE DILLY BARS!?!?!?
If I was one of the refs I'd intentionally blow a call or 2 if I were guaranteed that outcome.

No. No one cares about that.
You might want to ask the 15-20k NDSU alumni that make the annual trek to Frisco, TX for the natty game, about that.

If NDSU plays in the game every year, that's probably more like 30k Bison alumni that would go to US Bank Stadium to watch.

Detroit only makes sense because the MAC and B1G are geographically close.
Yeah but they stopped doing it between the Big Ten and the MAC. That bowl game was rebranded into Big Ten vs ACC. Though I do believe MAC teams often fill in if those two confs can't meet their commitment. Detroit makes no sense, anymore, frankly.

It's too bad Chicago doesn't have a dome stadium (for a 2nd NFL team), out by O'Hare. That would make it really, really easy to have a bowl game, the super bowl, etc. out there.

The FCS Championship being played at a soccer field in suburban Dallas for the last decade is a total joke. US Bank Stadium should host that too.

You might want to ask the 15-20k NDSU alumni that make the annual trek to Frisco, TX for the natty game, about that.

If NDSU plays in the game every year, that's probably more like 30k Bison alumni that would go to US Bank Stadium to watch.
No thanks.

Dairy Queen or My Pillow Bowl at US Bank Stadium.

Top Bottom