The 'Indepent Recruiting Service' Scene in Minnesota

WanderingGopher

Reaction score
The more I read about the Minnesota recruiting scene in fb and bb, and the influences acting on these kids, the more depressing it is. It is becoming apparent that we're not just dealing with people like Levi Bradley and Pete Kaffey, but a whole pack of wolves and slimeballs just like them.

Check out this web site from this person named Michael Binns, which among other things blasts Minnesota basketball coaches for, basically, racist recruiting practices. To back this up, he (among other things) criticizes the offer to JP Macura over Strickland, lampoons our all-time 3 pt leader Blake Hoffarber, and says that Tubby "wasn't really in control" over whom he was allowed to recruit. It goes on and on ... very hilarious read, until you realize some of these guys actually might have the ear of some top local players.

His purpose with this and similar articles? Apparently he's another Bradley/Kaffey wannabe and "helps" Minnesota kids get more "exposure" nationally through is independent recruiting service (read: "advisor"). Among others, he slobbers all over Jashon Cornell. Because, yeah dude, nobody's heard of Jashon Cornell and he really needs your help getting his film to college football coaches. Most people on this board would wonder why kids even would give 2 seconds to a clown like this, but I suspect the backgrounds of many of these top athletes leaves them vulnerable.

Ugly Underbelly of Minnesota

Sounds like Michael Binns hates white people. I don't think anyone with a brain thins Strickland is better than Macura or would take someone seriously that thinks Hoff is a terrible player. Hate to break it to him, but a lot of gopher greats are white

He appears to have a problem with his exclamation mark key on his keyboard. Hope he looks into getting that fixed.

Well, he does have 8 followers, so I think it's right to be nervous.

I can't believe I clicked on his site. This will only increase his hits and give him more credibility. A bottom feeder trying to make a name for himself.

Sounds like Michael Binns hates white people. I don't think anyone with a brain thins Strickland is better than Macura or would take someone seriously that thinks Hoff is a terrible player. Hate to break it to him, but a lot of gopher greats are white

Then Minnesota paid Notre Dame to offer Blake too so that they could legitimize their racism. Finally, Pitino did the same. He used his mob connections to ensure no D1 schools offered Strickland.

He then offered Jarvis Johnson, Tyus Jones, Rashad Vaughn, Malik Smith, Daquan McNeil, etc. and even signed a few just to throw off those who might realize his racist game. Some game you've got going Pitino, but we are on to you now!

Top Bottom