The Gophers are improving

Battle had a bad game and they still took them to overtime. Henley played under control for the first time, lots of promise. I could see him playing the point with Cooper at the 2 if Henley can sustain some consistency. This is much better basketball than the crap Pitino was putting out there at the end.

Really? It might take Ben 3 B1G seasons combined to surpass the number of 6 B1G wins Pitino had in his last season here.

Last edited:

I understand you are struggling with this.
Enjoying wins while not obsessing over them and being disappointed with a loss while not obsessing over them is different than only focusing on wins and losses. Perhaps you and others are not able to grasp this difference.
That may explain why you don't understand team improvement and why I appreciate Samuels improvement as well.
Exactly. When Samuels plays better it helps others. If he is facilitating ball movement, that increases the chance of the other 4 getting a good look. One can say the same for every player, like Henley, the past two games.

Battle had a bad game and they still took them to overtime. Henley played under control for the first time, lots of promise. I could see him playing the point with Cooper at the 2 if Henley can sustain some consistency. This is much better basketball than the crap Pitino was putting out there at the end.
"them"

Nebraska. At home.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I totally missed the game. Sounds like they are improving step-by-step?
Yes they are. Nebraska's center, Walker, is a 25 year old man and he was a handful, but the rest of Nebraska was held in check. Payne showed some good footwork and battled hard against Walker, but Payne couldn't be in the game the whole time.
Rebounding was good, except for some crucial tip ins at the end of the game where JOJ lost track of his man.
The kids valued possessions for the most part and kept turnovers down.
The downside was Jameson trying to play a bit of hero ball in OT where he needs to be a kid who moves without the ball and gets an open look on a pass and shoot. He is not Peyton Willis, but he sometimes tries to play in a way he is not able to play.
Overall it was a fun game to watch.

Can you point to one time I have played a race card for Ben Johnson?
Every coach is judged by the AD. I'll let that play out.
Coyle hired both Whalen and Johnson as unproven coaches. He will have to figure out what is best for the programs.

Times you've played the race card a

Someone criticizes Ben and you reply:

". . . What I think it is for you is you can't stand that an inexperienced black man got the same chance that the inexperienced white man got just before this. So, you're right. For you, this is more than only winning enough."

You also said this to a poster who didn't like the Ben hire (keep in mind this poster's favorite Gopher coach ever was Tubby).

"I hope you also posted that Little Richard only got hired because of his white privilege daddy. At least then you'd be an equitable thinker when it comes to race.
The honest truth is that ever since Tubby, the University has hired inexperienced basketball coaches that they hoped would grow into greatness."

That's two in the last week.

We simply don't have anyone on this team that can breakdown the defense off the dribble with penetration. It will remain an issue all year and if we don't recruit a slashing PG for next year...it will continue to be an issue next year.

Times you've played the race card a

Someone criticizes Ben and you reply:

". . . What I think it is for you is you can't stand that an inexperienced black man got the same chance that the inexperienced white man got just before this. So, you're right. For you, this is more than only winning enough."

You also said this to a poster who didn't like the Ben hire (keep in mind this poster's favorite Gopher coach ever was Tubby).

"I hope you also posted that Little Richard only got hired because of his white privilege daddy. At least then you'd be an equitable thinker when it comes to race.
The honest truth is that ever since Tubby, the University has hired inexperienced basketball coaches that they hoped would grow into greatness."

That's two in the last week.
The context of the dialogue required that response from me. Little Richard was equally inexperienced. Did the poster complain like he does about Ben Johnson? Second, in the context I believe George Floyd had been brought up as a reason why Ben Johnson was hired. As soon as a person makes George Floyd the reason for Johnson's hire, that person has played the race card.
Let's agree to leave George Floyd out of the conversation and admit that Ben Johnson and Richard Pitino we're both hired without experience.

We simply don't have anyone on this team that can breakdown the defense off the dribble with penetration. It will remain an issue all year and if we don't recruit a slashing PG for next year...it will continue to be an issue next year.
This is true. We need a Peyton Willis (better still, a Bobby Jackson) type player to commit to UMN.

The context of the dialogue required that response from me. Little Richard was equally inexperienced. Did the poster complain like he does about Ben Johnson? Second, in the context I believe George Floyd had been brought up as a reason why Ben Johnson was hired. As soon as a person makes George Floyd the reason for Johnson's hire, that person has played the race card.
Let's agree to leave George Floyd out of the conversation and admit that Ben Johnson and Richard Pitino were both hired without experience
You typed a lot of words to justify why you played and are still playing the race card. It’s one thing to be dumb, it’s another thing to be a coward. Just admit it.

Everyone who plays the race card thinks they’re justified for doing so. You can just admit you, you’ve said it twice this week, you think Ben’s criticisms come from a racist place.

You typed a lot of words to justify why you played and are still playing the race card. It’s one thing to be dumb, it’s another thing to be a coward. Just admit it.

Everyone who plays the race card thinks they’re justified for doing so. You can just admit you, you’ve said it twice this week, you think Ben’s criticisms come from a racist place.
There are some who have openly expressed a racist comment against Coach Johnson. I don't apologize for my comments in return.

There are some who have openly expressed a racist comment against Coach Johnson. I don't apologize for my comments in return.
No one asked you to apologize, just admit you're trying to guilt people away from criticizing.

Be careful, you were almost honest in this post.

Pitino never got 14th
We are currently on pace doing it back to back years.
Looking back through the records going back to 1959 - I don't think we have ever had a coach/team finish dead last by ourselves in basketball. Ever. When Monson was coaching here he finished 10th twice but there were 11 teams- so he may have finished tied for last. We have a shot at achieving a 60+ year first here this year. (Hope not)

No one asked you to apologize, just admit you're trying to guilt people away from criticizing.

Be careful, you were almost honest in this post.
Not guilt. Fact, which seems to bother you. Check your own conscience to see if you are guilty.

Pitino never got 14th
We are currently on pace doing it back to back years.
Yep. Sometimes you hit rock bottom before you rise to the surface. Consider this team to be a Nitro beer! Enjoy!

Not guilt. Fact, which seems to bother you. Check your own conscience to see if you are guilty.
Keep telling yourself that. You don't even have the courage to admit how you really think. You're afraid of your own shadow. I couldn't imagine having so little self-confidence that I couldn't even admit what I think on an anonymous message board.

I feel no guilt over any of my opinions, it's why I don't run from them like you.

Keep telling yourself that. You don't even have the courage to admit how you really think. You're afraid of your own shadow. I couldn't imagine having so little self-confidence that I couldn't even admit what I think on an anonymous message board.

I feel no guilt over any of my opinions, it's why I don't run from them like you.
No running here. People on this sight have been racist toward Ben Johnson. Fact.

No running here. People on this sight have been racist toward Ben Johnson. Fact.
In 2023 everyone has their own definition of racism and for a lot of them- simple disagreement will do. I suspect that is where you are at. A lot of people here has suspected that Ben was a diversity hire. The U has expressed the importance of that. The local angle is the only other possible way that Ben gets hired- but there were a few others, with experience that checked that box, also.

If you have a specific allegation about posts made- then make it. Otherwise the general broadcast - some of the posters who disagree with me are racist- doesn't fly.

In 2023 everyone has their own definition of racism and for a lot of them- simple disagreement will do. I suspect that is where you are at. A lot of people here has suspected that Ben was a diversity hire. The U has expressed the importance of that. The local angle is the only other possible way that Ben gets hired- but there were a few others, with experience that checked that box, also.

If you have a specific allegation about posts made- then make it. Otherwise the general broadcast - some of the posters who disagree with me are racist- doesn't fly.
I did make the the specific response to a specific racist remark.

Remember a day ago when you said you never played the race card? LOL

It's a good thing Matt Simon is not black, or everyone and anyone that had any doubt about him being promoted to the Gophers Off Coordinator position would be racist too. You can't question it, it's just the way it is for some....

He's very reactionary and posts a lot of dumb shit to stir the pot and ducks out, throws a metaphorical grenade in the room if you will. Doesn't offer anything as far as actual analysis
Just want to say that I didnt know why Tony was mentioned. Forgot I blocked him. He is as useless of a poster as this site has and is actually why I didnt donate to their campaign.

Top Bottom