The foundation is built, now onto the house

Building a foundation with concrete blocks, starts with well developed masonry skills and experience. Coach Kill and staff are totally qualified. And he has set the corner stones and built walls straight and established rules as to each angle, and taken a measured approach using not only on the exterior wall and interior span on with to lay the trusses. He has balanced the materials, examined each and noted the form of each wall. This from what was rubble. These steps in building the foundation have taken 3 years. And it is sound. The materials, the flow to the site, and the pieces keep coming, the next delivery is February 4th.

Kid was a RS Sophomore this year with almost no talent at WR and we went to a top bowl.

I think next year we add one or two play makers on the outside and maintain our running game and we see a difference. Is the O-Line going to hold up? Is the D-Line going to hold up? Can we replace our MLB and Safeties? All of these questions are more pressing to me than the play of Mitch Leidner. If he doesn't improve, he will get passed next year and we move on. If he does improve, we are good next year and have a chance at a great season his SR year and hopefully our incoming/young QBs develope for depth and program continuety.
We are fine at safety with Johnson and Richards. They are both top flight players. I also think that at linebacker we are fine. DL and OL I'm not so sure but we should be ok but time will tell we have some high performers to replace.

Urban Meyer has said it multiple times when asked about Cardale Jones. The quarterback is a product of the people around him. Give Mitch time and some WR's and he'll be above average in the country which is all we need with the running game and D.

We don't know that yet. He has to become much more consistent and dangerous to the opponents before we can say he's gotten to that type of level.

Building a foundation with concrete blocks, starts with well developed masonry skills and experience. Coach Kill and staff are totally qualified. And he has set the corner stones and built walls straight and established rules as to each angle, and taken a measured approach using not only on the exterior wall and interior span on with to lay the trusses. He has balanced the materials, examined each and noted the form of each wall. This from what was rubble. These steps in building the foundation have taken 3 years. And it is sound. The materials, the flow to the site, and the pieces keep coming, the next delivery is February 4th.

Measure twice, cut once is for pussies ;-)

We are fine at safety with Johnson and Richards. They are both top flight players. I also think that at linebacker we are fine. DL and OL I'm not so sure but we should be ok but time will tell we have some high performers to replace.

Yeah, who can forget the season that Richards had at safety...:rolleyes:

Good metaphor. Kind of liked what someone said in another thread about repeating success with a different group. I think that will be an important indicator of long term success and turning the corner.

Top Bottom