The Elephant in the Room

I watch other games across the big ten and yes execution is better but I also see more options on pass plays than our team shows.

I noticed other teams run short WR crosses and TE routes that are not down field. Basically a pass of 4-6 yards that are quick hitters, Slants seemed to work for a brief scoring drive. But our team either has deep intermediate routes or flys hardly anything else.
PJ mentioned in presser that they have routes with only 2 WR's out in a pattern? Well that sounds like it would be easy to defend against.

It is obvious that the QB play is bad and he is a young kid learning (3rd year in College Football) but his reads are awful. the first O play he keeps to run up the middle where there was zero hole. other times when he should keep and go wide he doesnt and we get stuffed.

It’s not the play calling as much as it was our O-line getting beat on every play. It doesn’t matter what play you call if your o-line doesn’t execute they won’t work.

It’s not the play calling as much as it was our O-line getting beat on every play. It doesn’t matter what play you call if your o-line doesn’t execute they won’t work.

Combined with tight ends who can’t block, wideouts who can’t get off coverage, and below avg quarterback play and we have all the makings for a 4-6 win team!

Top Bottom