The Athletic: How Big Ten football scheduling could change in 2023, with or without divisions

I genuinely prefer the college game to the NFL in most instances, but the NFL has scheduling done correctly.

College football would be better if the power 5 conferences got together and released schedules a year at a time vs. now the Gophers are scheduling games in 2035.

Big Ten West has non-conference games with SEC East. Pac10 North plays ACC Coastal, etc. and vary it up every year. You'd get a better sense of what conference is strong and what conference isn't as strong. Fans would win because you'd see better schools, TV would win because you'd have bigger non-conference games.

Big 10 non Divisional games could be you play the 1, 3, 5 teams from the year prior.

I actually think it may have been more coach driven. I'm sure some coaches were not thrilled with the idea of at least 2 P5 conference games each year.
It was also stupid as if the big ten really wanted to add more money they would schedule a couple of games against Oregon or USC or Clemson…but the real value of a TV contract would be a 10 or 11 game conference schedule

Top Bottom