The 2010 GH Point Spread Pick Game: Please Save Your Money

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
By popular demand, it's baaaack! The ability to lose two hundred and twenty-two dollars of fake money makes it's fifth appearance at the Gopher Hole.

The rules:

-Each player starts with $220.
-Place bets on the spreads in increments of $11.
-Winning picks will be paid at -110, which is the standard for all sports books (i.e. $21 will be paid on a winning $11 wager).
-In the event that your bankroll dips below $11, you can go all-or-nothing on one game. This will continue until you are either at or above $11 or you are out.
-No re-buys. Once you're out, you're out.
-Per the suggestion of CRG, I am only allowing you to wager up to $110 this week.
-Any advertising in this thread will be deleted.
-No weeknight games will be listed.
-I will list all the Big Ten games available, as well as a few with national interest.
-Deadline for each week is 11:00 AM CDT on Saturday. Adjust the time based on where you are in the world.

If there are any questions or suggestions, please throw them out there.

And now, on to the offerings. Home team in caps.

Missouri -11 Illinois (St. Louis, MO) (Getting lit up by the Tigers is not a good way for Zook to start his retention campaign)
Northwestern -5.5 VANDERBILT (Vandy lost everyone of substance, NU is starting from ground zero)
MICHIGAN -3 UConn (Anything less than 8 wins and RichRod is gone. This would not be a good place to stumble)
MICHIGAN STATE -23 Western Michigan (blah)
Wisconsin -20.5 UNLV (If you thought the Badger band caused trouble en route to Michigan, imagine if they'd have gone to Vegas)
NOTRE DAME -11 Purdue (Both teams could have trouble moving the ball)

Elsewhere:

Colorado -13 Colorado State (Denver) (Rams may not be good, but this Buff squad shouldn't be giving two touchdowns to anyone)
BYU -3 Washington (Big gut check game for the Mutts)
Texas Christian -13.5 Oregon State (Arlington, TX) (Beavs are notorious slow starters, but this would be HUGE for them)
OKLAHOMA STATE -15 Washington State (Cowboys are really green on O. Could the Cougs slow this down enough to make the number?)

Deadline for picks is Saturday, September 4 at 11:00 AM CDT. Good hunting.

Purdue $11 Vandy $11 Western Michigan $11

Thanks for putting this together, it's a lot of work I'm sure but I sure appreciate it.

Of Course you knew it was coming...

Let's start things out right. As long as I'm in Tennessee, let's go with...

$33 on Vanderbilt +5.5 for the Block!

Thank you GopherRock!!!!!

Josh087: Michigan (-3) - $33

Thank You...

apana:
Northwestern 22

Alright Paul, I will give this a go this year. Daddy needs a new pair of virtual shoes!

33 Northwestern
33 Notre Dame
You are missing the most interesting game of the weekend so I petition a write in:
33 Virgina Tech over Boise State. Boise looses BCS cred fast this year. Memorial Day is weekend. It is also 'Summerend', so get out there and wear white one last time all you fashionable Gophers, and celebrate our crushing victory over the Sun Belt foe.

$33 on Missouri -11
$33 on Northwestern -5.5
$33 on MICHIGAN -3

22 - Mich
22 - Northwestern
22 - Missouri
22 - Purdue

First timer here as well - thanks for putting this together!

NW - $11
Michigan - $11

Another First timer, Michigan All In!...Ooops, I guess I'll go with the $110

Northwestern-11
Western Michigan-11
Purdue-11
Colorado State-11
Washington-11
Oregon State-11

Top Bottom