That wasn't a lot of fun

EG#9

Reaction score
Words cannot describe what I just watched. A NINETEEN point lead with 7 and change left and we almost blew it.

This team played 32 minutes and change of excellent basketball and 7 minutes and change where I would have rather had 5 random Golfers or NASCAR drivers on the floor.

That's because our guards were really, really, really dumb at the end.

Words cannot describe what I just watched. A NINETEEN point lead with 7 and change left and we almost blew it.

This team played 32 minutes and change of excellent basketball and 7 minutes and change where I would have rather had 5 random Golfers or NASCAR drivers on the floor.

That is true - but I'd rather blow a 19 pt lead and win at the end, than lose. Any win is fun...although it did take at least 6 months off of my life ;)

That's because our guards were really, really, really dumb at the end.
Exactly...and he didn't play Hoffarber the last 5 minutes of the game, and look what happened to our offense and flow in that time. :eek:

Exactly...and he didn't play Hoffarber the last 5 minutes of the game, and look what happened to our offense and flow in that time. :eek:

A win at Illinois is always a good thing, but man oh man...

The Cobbs foul was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time in hoops.

Westbrook falling and actually thinking he could get back up??

Joseph isn't a true point guard and he sure showed why with every decision he made in the last four minutes.

Even Hoffarber with his traveling. It was really only token pressure oh him and he freaked.

Thank you big men, despite Sampson choking on the free throws, they didn't fall apart at the end, and won the game for us.

Winning in illinois is always fun. Drama is fun. That's why people watch sports. Huge win for the gophers on the road!

Winning in illinois is always fun. Drama is fun. That's why people watch sports. Huge win for the gophers on the road!

There was no need for drama, blowout wins against good teams are very fun. White knuckling a historic collapse is not fun. The bottom line is they got a win against a good team.

I always say a loss is a loss no matter how they play, so IMO a win is a win too...

With the curse that is playing at Illinois, I wasn't expecting a win to be much different than this.

That's pretty funny EG!

That is true - but I'd rather blow a 19 pt lead and win at the end, than lose. Any win is fun...although it did take at least 6 months off of my life ;)

Don't worry GL - as Denis Leary says, "it only takes off the years at the END of your life"

I try not to bag on refs too much, but there were some calls at the end there (Hoff/Westbrook traveling, no charge on Tinsdale, etc.) that made me kinda think the refs were a little caught up in the comeback. Either way, I'll take a road win ANY way I can get it, even if it means losing a month or two of the adult diaper years.

After the way we handled the Ill press(?????), I would expect to see a lot more of it in the remaining games.

GL

I love your new sig picture!

It is the BEST!

:clap::clap::clap:

That WAS fun, but something that would be really fun would be...

to win by about 50... Just to take an edge off the acid in my stomach!!

Tubby has the team playing tight as hell down the stretch...every close game they play tight. We're lucky to win any close games.

Thank God before the game, I purchased a few fine brews at The Four Firkins ... Not only did they taste great, but it tended to take the edge off an almost historic loss.

Thank God before the game, I purchased a few fine brews at The Four Firkins ... Not only did they taste great, but it tended to take the edge off an almost historic loss.

Now that sounds like a plan!

Let's all please remember that we won at Illinois in a must-win situation. Hell, we *beat* Illinois. That ain't happened much in some of your lifetimes.........

Do you think Jim Cremin would make a guest posting on GH? We need some positive thinking!

After the game (walking up from the basement) my GF asked: "Well, did they win?" My comment was yes, by the skin of their teeth, and I need to try one of those Lagunitas Pils.... :)

Tubby has the team playing tight as hell down the stretch...every close game they play tight. We're lucky to win any close games.

That's what happens when a team plays "not to lose"

How many times has a team gone away from their game plan that
was successful only to fall in the end because they played
"not to lose" You are right, when a team tightens up they make
mistakes that they would not normally make.

I have always believed you keep doing what got you the big lead.

This one worked out OK but it doesn't always as we have seen this year.

Top Bottom