That loss is Morgans loss

Has anyone else seen a QB at the major college or pro level who has to check with the sideline before every single play?

I thought PJ said Tanner's ready to be an offensive coordinator today. Why does he have to go through all of those time wasting and tempo killing motions when he was just fine making reads as a sophomore?

Better team was beat by the better coached team - bench him -
You should see the bitching on the Iowa board right now about the coaching. You'd think they lost.

They take beating us for granted, but they are pissed, too.

For example, you run qb sneak into the line and then try to score. That was pretty pathetic,

He was really bad. Out WR after weak too. The passing game is just embarrassing.

You should see the bitching on the Iowa board right now about the coaching. You'd think they lost.

They take beating us for granted, but they are pissed, too.

For example, you run qb sneak into the line and then try to score. That was pretty pathetic,
Those QB sneaks were bizarre.

We need to keep playing beaches other than qb and a couple WR spots we have a decent team.

Those QB sneaks were bizarre.
Some of their odd behavior at the goal line likely came from them possibly avoiding scoring a TD. There was a moment there when letting Iowa score a TD looked like the only hope.

Normally, I would say lay off but he is a 5th year senior. Enough said.

I'm sure he's a great kid, but this has run it's course. If he's starting next week, I'm not watching by my choice for the first time in years.

Every week I end up playing the "what if" game with the QBs... I wonder how the Gophers would do if the QBs were switched.

Even when it's a sophomore backup making his first start, I really gotta wonder... would the Gophers win with him instead?

Offense scheme actually put the team in a place to win today. This loss isn’t on the OC, even though he still needs to go. Blatant misses by Morgan lost this today. I know a change won’t be made this season, but it’s time to move on from Sanford and Morgan this offseason. OL was dominant and D played good enough to win. Yes, there were drops. I think MBS has dropped as many passes as he’s caught in his career. But when you’re getting thrown to so infrequently, it’s not overly surprising when they have a drop when you actually get the ball thrown your way.
He had at least two receivers wide open on that last 3rd down play. I don't know what he is waiting for most of the time.

What do you do if TM comes back for another year.
Hopefully another QB on the roster can beat him out for the starting job. Nothing against TM, but competition/improvement at the position is needed.

Who's next year's QB that's all I want to know.

Every week I end up playing the "what if" game with the QBs... I wonder how the Gophers would do if the QBs were switched.

Even when it's a sophomore backup making his first start, I really gotta wonder... would the Gophers win with him instead?
Again, Morgan was sub.500 passing today with one TD and maybe three or four should-be INTs that fell to the ground. He took about 98% of the snaps and made about that percentage of the throws. The other throws made today by our other QBs were 1/1 for 40 yards and a TD (and a perfect pass even if it was short and open). Just saying. How does he continue to see the field on almost every play?

Offense scheme actually put the team in a place to win today. This loss isn’t on the OC, even though he still needs to go. Blatant misses by Morgan lost this today. I know a change won’t be made this season, but it’s time to move on from Sanford and Morgan this offseason. OL was dominant and D played good enough to win. Yes, there were drops. I think MBS has dropped as many passes as he’s caught in his career. But when you’re getting thrown to so infrequently, it’s not overly surprising when they have a drop when you actually get the ball thrown your way.
This sums it up for me. The game plan was good enough to win. OL dominated, RBs were studly, and there were enough wrinkles to keep Iowa off balance. If MN threw the ball even league average they win by 14. Morgan was horrible. Some of it is Sanford's schemes and some on WRs dropping balls and struggling to separate, but Tanner blatantly missed open WRs time and again today. It's sad to watch and it absolutely was the primary factor in the loss.

Our kid receivers need to learn how to fight for the ball. That is learned so there is hope for that.

Ky Thomas is a very pleasant surprise.

Really think Tanner is seeing ghosts at times.

TM was not good but he didn't call for that FG or miss the tackle on the next TD. Team loss.
I don't disagree with this being a team loss, but with better QB play the Gophers would have we on this football game. The QB has biggest impact on the game. Not sure why Morgan has regressed so much this year. He makes Gophers competitive but he is not difference maker. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. This one was a bummer.

Does anyone know has PJ always coached the QB peak to sideline before the ball is snapped? Can’t trust a QB with 4 years of experience, find a different QB. Couldn’t possibly run an efficient 2 minute drill with all those peaks.

I can't pin this all on Morgan.

Defense dropped 2 sure INTs, 2 Gophers had a WR all but wrapped up 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage to waltz into the end zone plus a long bomb.

I see people talking about WR's dropping the ball. TV crew did the same thing.

Maybe I'm insane, but I saw off-target passes where the WR's were leaping and maybe got their fingertips on the ball. If that's a drop, then apparently WR's are supposed to catch every ball, no matter where it's thrown.

Fred Bilentnikof with a full can of stickum couldn't have caught some of those balls.

I can't pin this all on Morgan.

Defense dropped 2 sure INTs, 2 Gophers had a WR all but wrapped up 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage to waltz into the end zone plus a long bomb.
Yup. Failing to score TDs in the red zone was ridiculous too. Way too many wasted yards on offense due to conservative play calling in low risk situations.

Top Bottom