Thank you Tim Brewster

Thank you, Mr. Brewster

I think Brew did some great things in bringing the Gopher program back to the community. I think the high school coaches clinic needs to be kept. We need to develop our coaching pool in this state and raise the bar so that our talent is improved earlier. I also think the coach did a great job with his women's football clinic. Here is a large pool of football ticket buyers waiting to be developed further. I see too many wives in the stands who still don't know why their husbands are reacting like they do. I liked Brew's focus on trying to upgrade our recruiting from the floor to at least middle of the BCS crowd. Any improvement from there would be greatly appreciated. I also like the way tried to manage the program. He took the community relations portion of his job seriously and he demonstrated his commitment to it in how he conducted himself at those clinics.

Yeah, we were such a powerhouse for the 40 years prior.

Grow up and have some respect.

Give me a break! Save the lecture for some five year old that you can outsmart or out bully.

Respect is earned and Brewster did very little to earn my respect. He tended to be a windbag and phony from day one. He did not back up anything he said and we are supposed to have respect him?

I am not sure why it is accepted as fact around here that he is such a "good guy" either. He may be or may not be a good guy, but most who trot out this comment do not really know.

I would like to extend best wishes for the future to the Brewsters. Never been a big supporter but I did appreciate his apparent effort. I say "apparent" because his results were not relative to the "tremendous" effort he always talked about. Sorry I couldn't resist that. He talked the talk but ultimately couldn't walk the walk. Maybe he has learned a few things for his future head-coaching opportunities. For us, we're back where we started AGAIN.

Give me a break! Save the lecture for some five year old that you can outsmart or out bully.

You must be 5 years old, because you get outsmarted by virtually every poster here every time you yammer your windbag.

You must be 5 years old, because you get outsmarted by virtually every poster here every time you yammer your windbag.

Since the positions taken by me in the last four years have pretty much proven to be all true I fail to see how I have been outsmarted. If stating the same points in a consistant manner over a long period of time, being attacked for those positions, before being proven correct by history counts as being "outsmarted" I guess your are right.

I might be out-namecalled by light weight blowasses like you but I do not think too many of my points have been defeated in any logical manner. Take a logic class some day, big shot.

Classic pot calling kettle black situation here; Dbagdoll68 states rash opinions endlessly then personally attacks anyone who disagrees with him, without ever refuting the main point. Yes you really are one hell of a debater who must outsmart everyone at the Walmart store where you work.

Respect is earned and Brewster did very little to earn my respect. He tended to be a windbag and phony from day one. He did not back up anything he said and we are supposed to have respect him?

I am not sure why it is accepted as fact around here that he is such a "good guy" either. He may be or may not be a good guy, but most who trot out this comment do not really know.

Try reading Oneoldgopher's post above this one. If you can't see the good he did then you must not have the ability to see good in anything.

Try reading Oneoldgopher's post above this one. If you can't see the good he did then you must not have the ability to see good in anything.

I did not write that he didn't do anything at all positive, just Brewster is not deserving of any reverence or some high level of respect.

The accomplishments cited above are akin to stating that the contracter who by accident broke your water main, smashed in the roof, and cracked the foundation on your house did a real nice job fixing the bathroom door.

The accomplishments cited above are akin to stating that the contracter who by accident broke your water main, smashed in the roof, and cracked the foundation on your house did a real nice job fixing the bathroom door.

Not really. He changed the way high school coaches felt about the U of M from the Mason years. I work with many of them and the feeling is consistent. Many little things that previous regimes overlooked were tackled.

I respect those who win, not those who "try harder."

Some of the most successful people in the world (Trump, Rupert Murdoch, et al) have been bankrupt multiple times. Why? Because they tried and failed things numerous times.

I'd rather be somebody that tried their best and failed than someone who never tried at all.

Brewster failed not because he's not a good coach and certainly not due to lack of effort. He failed because he didn't arrive at the job with a plan in place for the direction of the program. He didn't bring with him a staff that had been together, worked together, and been successful together. Multiple changes in schemes and philosophies ultimately was his undoing.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can say so little and reveal so much.

Some of the most successful people in the world (Trump, Rupert Murdoch, et al) have been bankrupt multiple times. Why? Because they tried and failed things numerous times.

I'd rather be somebody that tried their best and failed than someone who never tried at all.

Brewster failed not because he's not a good coach and certainly not due to lack of effort. He failed because he didn't arrive at the job with a plan in place for the direction of the program. He didn't bring with him a staff that had been together, worked together, and been successful together. Multiple changes in schemes and philosophies ultimately was his undoing.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can say so little and reveal so much.

I agree.

The head coach is about more than the x's and o's. There is the overall management of the staff, the philosophy, public relations, internal relations to the U, media relations, even sponsor relations, not to mention the players. The role is dynamic and requires a great deal of skill to keep your head above water. Although Brew had support staff for many of these functions, he got to be the point person to make it all work. Overall, I give him fair marks. His weakness was victories. All other tales of the tape could count him as a solid head coach.

The reason I didn't support him in the end is victories matter in this culture. They matter to me as a fan. He just didn't fit in here at this time. I wish him and his family success.

Top Bottom