Thank you Tim Brewster

Reaction score
On a serious note: Thank you Tim Brewster.

He came in with high aspirations, but it didnt work out. I liked the positivity and talk of something bigger than mid level bowls and mediocrity. It didnt work out for us or him, but I felt like we were getting his best efforts.

I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Regardless of who we end up hiring I doubt any will have as much pride in Gopher Football as Brew did...

I really wanted you to be the guy Brew.

At one time a few years ago, my Chili was very, very hot!

thanks for being a complete fraud and a failure of epic proportions.

He tried to interject some life into this program but Minnesota and its students would have no part of it. Thanks Brew for the effort.

He's not a fraud he just isn't quite ready to be a head coach. It was not due to a lack of effort or caring.

Thanks coach Brewster, I really hope you become a successful head coach one day.
________
Ef engine

Given the amount of money he is being paid to walk away from Minneapolis, I think he'll land on his feet just fine.

That said, I appreciated his efforts while with us and hope he finds success somewhere outside of the Big Ten.

Unfortunately lacked the coaching skills, but brought in pride to the Gophers.

Question (my last game was 18 years back & I left early):

Was the tradition of the players singing at the end always there?

Thanks

Certainly no lack of effort on his part. Protected his team. The Ws just weren't there and there's no denying that part of the problem lie in his inability to coach. FBS level is not the place for on-the-job training.

He was a stand up guy, took the fall when things didn't go well, didn't send any players under the bus. I don't know if there is a coach that worked harder or put more heart into his job, unfortunately it wasn't enough on the field. He did a lot of things behind the scenes that most people don't know about that I'm not sure all coached would do. Brought the past back to life, incorporated former players into the program. For many reasons I will miss the guy but it comes down to wins and losses and he just couldn't get it done.

Best of luck to him in the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have success down the road.

I appreciate the effort Brewster put in. He gave it his best shot, engaged the local high school coaches, embraced the history of the program, put in countless hours at the office and took all the accountability. In Mason's 10th year he was blaming the institution for his lack of success whereas Brewster never used that alibi.

Hes a good man.

I think he could be a quality D1 coach one day, but hes going to have to go to the lower ranks to develop more as a coach. It doesn't hurt being a good recruiter and a players coach when you're "building" a program instead of trying to change the culture like he was expected to do here. His trust in his players in the end cost him his job. He needed to push them harder or demote some guys to see who really wants to play and win. He just didn't make enough changes to stop the losing skid.

Was the tradition of the players singing at the end always there?

Thanks

Brewster started that. The closest Mason came was after a trophy game win they would come over to the band and sing the Rouser. I'll never forget Dyron Russ playing the cymbals after we killed Iowa my freshman year. Talk about jubilation! That kind of happiness you just can't replicate easily.

Brewster started that. The closest Mason came was after a trophy game win they would come over to the band and sing the Rouser. I'll never forget Dyron Russ playing the cymbals after we killed Iowa my freshman year. Talk about jubilation! That kind of happiness you just can't replicate easily.

I hope Horton, and whoever follows him, keep that tradition alive.

Thanks for everything, Brew. Best of luck.

I'll be pumping St. Paul Slim before every game, into the forseeable future. And every time I do, I'll think of Brew.

I hope Horton, and whoever follows him, keep that tradition alive.

Thanks for everything, Brew. Best of luck.

I'll be pumping St. Paul Slim before every game, into the forseeable future. And every time I do, I'll think of Brew.

We do have this odd thing about throwing away tradition. It doesn't matter if not everyone does it, the best traditions are the ones that only you do. It doesn't matter what our opponents think of them, our traditions are not for them. Michigan has the tradition of jumping up and touching a banner. There's nothing special about that tradition, unless you're a Michigan fan.

Let's keep and build up traditions. If our opponents don't like them, that's all the more reason to keep them.

I wish Brewster well, it's a shame it didn't work out.

I wish the union between the U of M and Tim Brewster would have worked out. It didn't. It wasn't because he didn't try. He tried harder than most could have. It still didn't work. I did appreciate his effort and his passion. I'm hoping we can find a combination of passion and experience with our next coach. I wish Mr. Brewster the best of luck with his next coaching gig.

We took a swing for the fences....we struck out. It happens once in a while.

Positive note: 1.000 career winning pct. against Mark Dantonio.

Years from now, we may look back and regret this firing. I wish Brewster and his fine family all the best. He did his best and there is NEVER shame in that.

I feel badly with Coach Brewsters termination and also the players. The team has gone through so much adversity and change.

No question that I wanted to Brewster to do well which he did in many ways. But the bottom line is not enough wins and that is something that can not be overlooked.

Best wishes to Coach Brewster and his family as he ponders his future. I still believe he has will be a good CFB.

Best of luck, Tim!

Wishing you all the best. I know you'll land somewhere nice. You have a lot of
good football experience that a lot of organizations will value.

WOW. I'll have what you're drinking.

I wouldn't write off the sentiment so fast. Brewster can sell a program, and it's obvious he wants to win. Beyond that, he seems like a stand-up guy. Every good coach out there had to learn a lot of Xs and Os first. What Brewster already has is harder to each. If he stays in the game, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear his name again before too long.

Thank you for what? Thank you for driving our once proud football program into the ground, embarrassing the university and going 0-10 in trophy games? Tim Brewster may be an outstanding human-being but there is nothing to thank him for...

Thank you for what? Thank you for driving our once proud football program into the ground, embarrassing the university and going 0-10 in trophy games? Tim Brewster may be an outstanding human-being but there is nothing to thank him for...

Yeah, we were such a powerhouse for the 40 years prior.

Grow up and have some respect.

Tim Brewster may be a swell guy - I can't say, I never met the man - but this praise is a little silly.

Simply trying hard shouldn't necessarily garner commendation in this business. The guy produced zero meaningful results and arguably left the program in worse condition than when he arrived.

So, yes, Thanks?

Top Bottom