Thank you, Eric Decker

Jike Spingleton

Traveling Champ
Reaction score
Since I won't be able to attend Senior Day, I'll throw it out there now. A great representative of the Gophers, the University and the state. Without a doubt one of my all-time favorites. There's no replacing a guy like that. A real shame that injuries sapped major parts of his final two seasons, and for selfish reasons, I'd love to see him come back to play in the bowl game.

Agreed it really is a shame. He's irreplaceable and his play embodied the spirit of what I think all of us want Gopher football to be.

I'm hoping people will hit my blog and post comments listing their favorite Decker moments. I'd like to compile them and then share them on Gopherhole.

Absolutely. He's the type of player that gives the players that follow him something to aspire to.

Thank you Glen Mason for snatching him from the jaws of St. John's.

Since I won't be able to attend Senior Day, I'll throw it out there now. A great representative of the Gophers, the University and the state. Without a doubt one of my all-time favorites. There's no replacing a guy like that. A real shame that injuries sapped major parts of his final two seasons, and for selfish reasons, I'd love to see him come back to play in the bowl game.

:drink:

I only hope those injuries don't cost him draft position money. How knows, maybe he'll be in better shape at the combines

Agreed, he was an absolutely fantastic receiver. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain retarded.

Good luck next year in the NFL buddy! I guarantee he'll be a successful WR anywhere he goes!

Decker would look good in purple

I could only dream that Decker could be the Vikings third-down receiver. Maybe I would start liking the Vikings again.

I could only dream that Decker could be the Vikings third-down receiver. Maybe I would start liking the Vikings again.
I think Percy Harvin's got that covered just fine. :)

Thank you Glen Mason for snatching him from the jaws of St. John's.

Did you see his BTN interview on Deck? He basically said he didn't have a chance at anyone better than a St. Johns caliber receiver.

This is a kid that could of easily gone into the baseball draft last year, avoided all the hits he's taken, and been making a nice chunk of change...but he didn't. He stuck with his team and contributed more than we could of imagined. We are lucky to have had #7 wear the maroon and gold, thanks Eric Decker!

I love watching him play. I really hope he makes it back to the bowl game (yes, we will go to a bowl). I also hope he finds success in the NFL and NFL draft. We need more guys like Mr. Decker.

Knock off the shots at Rick Mons...He has every right to correct that type of terminology that a kid uses in his very first post.

Anyway, I am very proud that Eric Decker played for the Gophers and represents what college football should be all about. Thank you for your contibutions, Eric.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/10/27/it-is-a-dark-dark-day-for-white-skill-athletes/

"Possession receivers, gutty linebackers, all-heart fullbacks, that one weird fast dude Iowa always pulls out of a cornfield, and kickers unite in mourning: Minnesota wide receiver Eric Decker will miss the rest of the regular season with a sprained arch in his left foot, presumably strained while running too fast and exceeding the factory specifications laid out in the Caucasian Model Owner’s Guide."

Hilarious.

I second knocking off the shots at Rick, he brings nothing but class to this board.

A huge thanks to Eric for his grit, talent and loyalty to the Gopher program. Hopefully, he'll be back for a bowl game. With a few more key players with his determination and dedication, we'd have beaten Wisconsin and California, too. He will be missed these four games by all of us who are die-hard Gopher fans.

I think the rest of the B10 is sad to see him go. As an Iowa fan I loved watching him and his story was awesome. Good luck to him in the future, I'm sure I'll be seeing him on Sundays.

+1 for everything said here so far. (Except for the whole 'retard' thing).

Here's to having a new NFL team to root for next season.

This guy deserves to go in the first half of the NFL draft, for sure. Thanks for being a great Gopher. This entire injury situation is terrible.

You guys I don't think you realize, I'm actually retarded myself, so that makes it ok for me to use the word retard. It's like how its ok for black people to use the N word.

Top Bottom