Texas fires Tom Herman

OT loss to Oklahoma, that they easily could've won, and a 3-pt loss to Iowa State who won the conference.

And they handily won their bowl game.

Texas is the Nebraska of the Big XII. Yikes

It sounds like Steve Sarkisian is in line for that job. I’m not sure that is an upgrade.

Herman will get retread somewhere.

Sark. A retread of a nothingburger HC.

Don't get me wrong, he passed Nick Saban's "come be my OC, and look great doing nothing in a conservative offense that can do no wrong because our players are just better than everyone we play" program with flying colors. Just like Lane Kiffin and Mike Locksley.

Stupid

Obviously they wanted Urban, but he had no interest in a program like that.

Herman will get retread somewhere.
He's a very good coach. Would not consider the hire a retread...most likely an upgrade for most programs. Did not know he is a Mensa member.

Let's take him as our OC.

Tom Herman is Christobal Part II, head coaches who never should've been fired. How do you fire Herman to hire Sark? Doesn't someone Matt Campbell or above have to be the hire if firing Herman?

Herman should have definitely been given another year.

But when your program's revenue is $50-100 million more than most of the other schools you're competing with, you do things like this.

Reminds me of the guy who got shot in Blazing Saddles for chewing gum in line. They grade tough in Texas.

If Fleck went to NFL Herman should be our number one choice and could maybe get him as he is sitting on 24 million cash....likely knows his next job isn’t blue blood

His next job is seriously being Bama's OC. I know mkAz said that tongue-in-cheek, but it absolutely would be Saban's MO. Straight up trade

His next job is seriously being Bama's OC. I know mkAz said that tongue-in-cheek, but it absolutely would be Saban's MO. Straight up trade
You think he'd choose Bama OC over head coach at Minnesota?

You think he'd choose Bama OC over head coach at Minnesota?
I have no idea, honestly. Maybe not?

Just saying, it seems to have worked well for Sark. So, if Herman's goal is to get back to an "elite" HC position, then it might be a thing to do.

Once Herman started headbutting some of his players in pregame, you knew it wouldn't be long. Good OC but doesn't have the personality to run a high profile program and I doubt he fit in with the country club vibe at Texas. Made some brutal coordinator hires too.

Sounding like Sark may have turned down the Texas job per David Pollack.

Once Herman started headbutting some of his players in pregame, you knew it wouldn't be long. Good OC but doesn't have the personality to run a high profile program and I doubt he fit in with the country club vibe at Texas. Made some brutal coordinator hires too.

Sounding like Sark may have turned down the Texas job per David Pollack.
I hope he turns it down. Texas hire chronicles would be fun to watch.

It sounds like Steve Sarkisian is in line for that job. I’m not sure that is an upgrade.

I hope Steve and Texas have something in that contract about ... Steve's issues with drinking. That was supposedly a problem in the past...

I have no idea, honestly. Maybe not?

Just saying, it seems to have worked well for Sark. So, if Herman's goal is to get back to an "elite" HC position, then it might be a thing to do.
Sark's baggage had baggage. Herman does not need to rebuild his reputation.

Herman should have definitely been given another year.
While some would agree with you based on his record and such, others certainly don’t. Word is he is not very liked on that campus from admin to players. He also hasn’t handled all of the athlete equality and social justice issues very well. It has been a fire storm down there. One of the reporters who covers Texas was on Bill King’s show a few weeks ago. He basically predicted this back then. In addition, Herman hasn’t been able to keep enough of the in state prospects home. He just had top 5 star QB from in state flip to Ohio State.

I hope Fleck is here 20 years, but if he ever left I’m not sure Herman would work well here if some of the issues I mentioned above are true. Fickell would be my first choice.

Tom Herman is Christobal Part II, head coaches who never should've been fired. How do you fire Herman to hire Sark? Doesn't someone Matt Campbell or above have to be the hire if firing Herman?

The strange thing about the Sarkisian hire is that he was pretty average at Washington. I don't think he did a bad job at Washington. It was total rebuild (he was sort of like our Jerry Kill and Peterson was like our Fleck.).

I think all of these coaching hires should make us feel good though. It's getting harder and harder to poach football coaches. The non-blue blood schools can pay more and more (because TV networks, etc.) and can offer more realistic job security.

Sark. A retread of a nothingburger HC.

Don't get me wrong, he passed Nick Saban's "come be my OC, and look great doing nothing in a conservative offense that can do no wrong because our players are just better than everyone we play" program with flying colors. Just like Lane Kiffin and Mike Locksley.

Stupid

Obviously they wanted Urban, but he had no interest in a program like that.
If you think Alabama's offense is conservative I don't think you've been paying attention to them.

If Meyer and Sark say no it looks like Campbell at Iowa State could be next on their list. Have also seen some talk about Brian Kelly and one article from earlier in December even mentions Fleck as a good fit.

Top Bottom