Ted Roof, Auburn DC

After reading this entire thread, I'm now anxiously awaiting the names Everett Withers, Mike Dunbar, Mitch Browning, Gordy Shaw, David Gibbs, John Gutekunst, Tim Rose and Cory Sauter to be referenced with impunity....:cry:

Ok. I'm sure you know exactly who the ISU search firm contacted and who they didn't.

Hell, two hours ago you were telling us that Brewster said he had a "standing offer" from ISU, which would have been impossible. So, pardon me, if I don't believe what you're trying to say now.

You also said he told people he had interviewed. Do you have a link to him making that claim? I think his comment was he was contacted about the job.

I'd be willing to bet large sums of money that the search firm contacted Brewster about the ISU job, gave ISU Brewster's name, and ISU politely said we're not interested in Brewster.

Brewster, in turn, probably mentioned that he'd been contacted about the ISU job.

You're trying to make this into something it isn't. I doubt Maturi hired Brewster based on the fact he told him ISU contacted him. Again, Maturi and Pollard are buddies. Pretty sure they likely talked about the hire between themselves.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth I didn't say. I know he was never contacted by Iowa State, but lied and used that as a lever to make Maturi jump. There was NO conversation between the two ADs while both were looking for a HC. Think about it, when they are competing in the job market, why would they have visits about potential candidates?

Brewster turned down the chance to interview for both Iowa State and Stanford. The Des Moines Register had an article during the ISU coaching search that mentioned Brewster declining the chance to interview.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth I didn't say. I know he was never contacted by Iowa State, but lied and used that as a lever to make Maturi jump. There was NO conversation between the two ADs while both were looking for a HC. Think about it, when they are competing in the job market, why would they have visits about potential candidates?

I didn't put words into your mouth. You said - direct quote - "We DO know that Brewster lied to get his job in the first place. He said he had a standing offer from Iowa State, and they had no interest in interviewing him. Maturi fell for it."

It would have been impossible for him to have a standing offer at the time he talked to Maturi, you know, since the ISU vacancy has been filled more than a month before that.

he was never contacted by Iowa State, but lied and used that as a lever to make Maturi jump.

You really think that had anything to do with Maturi hiring Brewster? You think Joel said, "Well Tim told me he was contacted by ISU last month, so by golly, I better hire him now." You can't seriously be that stupid.

There was NO conversation between the two ADs while both were looking for a HC. Think about it, when they are competing in the job market, why would they have visits about potential candidates?

You're an idiot. There was NO COMPETITION. ISU was in the job market in November, while Glen Mason was a full-time head coach at MN. MN was in the job market in January, over a month after Gene Chizik was hired at ISU. There was no competition. The situations were totally different, and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Joel Maturi and Jamie Pollard discussed MN's open football job. And, yes, ADs discuss these kinds of things all the time.

Top Bottom