Teague's expenses detail golfing trips, limo rides, steak dinners...

This is not news that will discriminate Teague. These expenses look pretty legitimate and I am sure pretty normal for any athletic dept. Teague has some serious issues, but this doesn't appear to be a big deal.

Go Gophers!

This is not news that will discriminate Teague. These expenses look pretty legitimate and I am sure pretty normal for any athletic dept. Teague has some serious issues, but this doesn't appear to be a big deal.

Go Gophers!

I agree. People will pile on with this and some politician will make it a bigger than life issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.twincities.com/education...xpenses-detail-golfing-trips-limo-rides-steak

I have no idea if these are reasonable expenses and activities but the average joe is not going to like it.

You don't wine-and-dine corporate big-wigs, ending with a request for millions of dollars, at a Burger King. I have no problem with these types of expenditures.

Big-time college football will never work in this state, if people have a problem with this kind of thing. This kind of thing, the big-time facilities, the resource allocation.....all of these things that a certain group of people in this state like to complain about, are the cost of doing business in big-time college football.

You don't wine-and-dine corporate big-wigs, ending with a request for millions of dollars, at a Burger King. I have no problem with these types of expenditures. Big-time college football will never work in this state, if people have a problem with this kind of thing. This kind of thing, the big-time facilities, the resource allocation.....all of these things that a certain group of people in this state like to complain about, are the cost of doing business in big-time college football.

Seems like a good ROI. $26k for $70 mil.

Some schools have private jets flying their coaches everywhere. Norwood expensed $26,163.94 over ~13 months....~$2,000/month in expenses for an A.D. trying to raise millions for the largest facilities upgrade in the schools history hardly seems extravagant. He's taking very wealthy people out to dinner, what is he supposed to do? Insist they order the house wine and skip dessert?

The fact that a news organization reported this as news is an embarrassment to that news organization

If these dollars were spent out of the athletic budget (i.e. not public dollars) the out-cry will be far less.

I don't have a huge problem with the expenses, though if I were steward of a public university, I might try and do better than over $400 a night for hotel.

If these dollars were spent out of the athletic budget (i.e. not public dollars) the out-cry will be far less.

I don't have a huge problem with the expenses, though if I were steward of a public university, I might try and do better than over $400 a night for hotel.
If you wanted a 3.5 or better star hotel in downtown Minneapolis tonight it would be over 200 dollars. I do not think you realize the prices of hotels. 400 dollars is not that much, especially if you are in a big city on a Thursday-Saturday night.

Shocked

I'm surprised the budget is $26,000. That does not seem like very much money at all to raise the money they are looking for. There has to be another budget besides this one.
So, if we spent $52,000 we'd have $140 million? That's not very many meetings/pitches/conversations. Is that why we are stuck at $70? He's been doing other things besides fundraising?
Does Lou have the wine and dine budget? Is Lou being paid or funded or just an enthusiastic supporter using his funds?

I don't know, I have posted lots of concerns about Norwood for the last year or so and his handling of things...being a slippery used car salesman etc but that budget doesn't show a lot of effort. Gotta be more money spent from some other budget....doesn't there?

I expense 1 or 2 steak dinners every time I travel for work, and I'm a lowly peasant.

I'm surprised the budget is $26,000. That does not seem like very much money at all to raise the money they are looking for. There has to be another budget besides this one.
So, if we spent $52,000 we'd have $140 million? That's not very many meetings/pitches/conversations. Is that why we are stuck at $70? He's been doing other things besides fundraising?

t8ujq4_4.jpg

Agreed. I'm not a corporate big wig by any stretch but I've expensed over $300 for a night for a hotel room.

For someone in his position at a major university athletic department, none of these expenses seem out of line.

Does Lou have the wine and dine budget? Is Lou being paid or funded or just an enthusiastic supporter using his funds?

I don't know, I have posted lots of concerns about Norwood for the last year or so and his handling of things...being a slippery used car salesman etc but that budget doesn't show a lot of effort. Gotta be more money spent from some other budget....doesn't there?

I agree...perhaps they should have spent more $$$!

I was in medical device sales and was suppose to keep things to under $100 a head when entertaining doctors, and that is hard. To entertain boosters, you have to spend some money.

Oh, and the Final Four - hotels were the most expensive we've seen this year, and I've been to 13 Final Fours. Usually $300-400/night, but in Indy, because it's too small to host an event like this, were $400-700 a night.

I'm guessing big time schools spend 10X this amount on fundraising.

I can confirm these are the going rate. Some of them, eg the New Year's Eve dinner actually seems cheap by CA standards.

Nothing to see here.

Strib has two 'newsworthy' stories since Friday and the Pioneer Press responds with this.

Pretty funny reading the twitter response to Shipley.....a collective yawn. I know this won't happen with Minnesotans, but in most places, the response would be, why aren't you idiots spending more?

I agree...perhaps they should have spent more $$$!

I was in medical device sales and was suppose to keep things to under $100 a head when entertaining doctors, and that is hard. To entertain boosters, you have to spend some money.

Oh, and the Final Four - hotels were the most expensive we've seen this year, and I've been to 13 Final Fours. Usually $300-400/night, but in Indy, because it's too small to host an event like this, were $400-700 a night.

I'm guessing big time schools spend 10X this amount on fundraising.

Taking the docs to Micky D's at ANW, that is always a good time!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shipley sure knows his stuff. Apparently the students cut the tuition check and Kaler signs it over to Teague to cover green fees.

Nevermind tv revenue, bowl revenue, merchandise sales, donations, ticket sales, concessions, Nike money.....

Par for the course with majority of AD's around the country regardless of what "average joe" thinks or doesn't think....

I would echo previous sentiments that Teague's expenses are pretty conservative, given other bills I've seen picked up by those in the "relationship management" business.

Considering what we know now, they may be taking a close look at the expenditures for alcohol.

At my last job at a large pharma company we were regularly given dinner budgets of around $75 when out of town and I wasn't hosting anyone and was already an employee. If you're trying to impress some top donor or even to just play in their field you have to assume you'll pay up to $200 per person at a dinner. A meal plus wine/drinks at a upper echelon restaurant is around $100 per person even if you're trying to be somewhat frugal when you include tax and tip

Top Bottom