TCU - More like STINK-A- ROO

I think Michigan would have looked far better.
Michigan lost because of some bad coaching and the refs took away that TD. I think they were the better team, but that’s football. Michigan would have made a better game if it in a losing effort.

I have been on both sides of games like that when things start to go bad it just snowballs and you feel like there’s nothing you can do to stop the freight train. Terrible feeling. When I watch things start to steam roll like that I can’t help but wonder WTF PJ is thinking when he says he doesn’t believe in momentum!?

I think it’s easy to look at the transitive property with Ohio State coming up a FG short against Georgia and Michigan blowing out Ohio State, but I still think it’s a comfortable 2+ score win for Georgia. Probably not a historic blowout, but just as boring of a game to watch. Georgia came up super flat footed in the semis, Bennett looked shaky, Bowers barely got involved, and OSU has the athletes to run with Georgia for four quarters. They were running on all cylinders last night, and I don’t think any team in the country would have challenged them.

The actual national championship game was played on New Year’s Eve.

What Georgia did against that 3-5 defense was magic. All the misdirection plays had the TCU linebackers flowing in the wrong direction on almost every play leaving gaping holes. Going tempo burned them too - which is a surprise given that's common in the BG12. I was watching Yellowstone by the end of the first half.

My takeaway is how does it rain inside a dome that cost more than $2 Billion to construct?

What Georgia did against that 3-5 defense was magic. All the misdirection plays had the TCU linebackers flowing in the wrong direction on almost every play leaving gaping holes. Going tempo burned them too - which is a surprise given that's common in the BG12. I was watching Yellowstone
Fantastic show. We're hooked on 1883 and 1923 too, plus Sly Stone is great in Tulsa King...all on Paramount Plus that's the same streaming/access for 247 Sports and GopherIllustrated and everything CBS online. Nice value.

What Georgia did against that 3-5 defense was magic. All the misdirection plays had the TCU linebackers flowing in the wrong direction on almost every play leaving gaping holes. Going tempo burned them too - which is a surprise given that's common in the BG12. I was watching Yellowstone by the end of the first half.
Clearly the "odd stack" was no problem for Georgia.

Fantastic show. We're hooked on 1883 and 1923 too, plus Sly Stone is great in Tulsa King...all on Paramount Plus that's the same streaming/access for 247 Sports and GopherIllustrated and everything CBS online. Nice value.

Thanks. We've had Paramount+ for a while now, but I had no idea 247 Sports and Gopher Illustrated had stuff on there. They have a terrific lineup this year including all those you mentioned. I just watched the series "The Offer" and it was outstanding. I'll admit, the reason I sprung for Paramount+ a few years ago was their new Star Trek series followed by Picard. My wife and I were New Generation nerds which sucked us in.

The post mortem in Forth Worth is brutal. Here is the home town assessment with the Star Telegram:

Not behind a paywall which is nice.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution is paywall material but no surprise on how many ways can you write up a historic beatdown.

It doesn't work this way and so I'm not trying to suggest anything like TCU "didn't belong".

But in my opinion there are probably at least 5 teams in the country that would beat TCU at least 70+ times out of 100, some significantly more.

Thanks. We've had Paramount+ for a while now, but I had no idea 247 Sports and Gopher Illustrated had stuff on there. They have a terrific lineup this year including all those you mentioned. I just watched the series "The Offer" and it was outstanding. I'll admit, the reason I sprung for Paramount+ a few years ago was their new Star Trek series followed by Picard. My wife and I were New Generation nerds which sucked us in.
All you have to do is login with your Paramount+ info and you're in.

Joined GopherIllustrated before the historic split that created Gopherhole. When the split occurred, liked GH better and for all intents and purposes just kept the Rivals account on autopay as to lazy to cancel. Saw however somewhere that CBS 247 gave us access to Paramount+ around the start of the pandemic and been enjoying content since, and yes, including the Star Trek spinoffs. Happy New Year.

It was not the defensive scheme that did in TCU.
It was TCU TOs and GA had more skilled, stronger, and faster players.
MI was also a loser last night and Saban is saying I told you so that AL should have been in the final four.

Saban is saying I told you so that AL should have been in the final four.
Talent-wise they certainly deserved it. The expanded playoffs will render the SEC regular season largely meaningless - 4 to 6 SEC teams will get in each year.

Last edited:

Alabama and Tennessee, at full health, probably would've done similar to TCU.

My takeaway is how does it rain inside a dome that cost more than $2 Billion to construct?
$4.9 billion, and I was baffled by the same thing. SoFi is essentially open air with a roof, and I guess there were gusty winds blowing the rain into the stadium. It’s the LA version of the Metrodome’s roof leaking.

I feel bad for anyone who bought late game commercial time.
The AT&T (I think) commercial with mom trying to video her kid running a race made me cry laughing. Deserved to be a Super Bowl commercial. That lady needs an Oscar. At least I got something out of the game!

Ohio St might have scored 60 on Georgia if they didn’t have so many injuries.
Just saying the same thing … if Ohio St doesn’t have those in game injuries they are probably the champs and in a similar fashion.
TCU and the Vikings seem to be on a similar path.

$4.9 billion, and I was baffled by the same thing. SoFi is essentially open air with a roof, and I guess there were gusty winds blowing the rain into the stadium. It’s the LA version of the Metrodome’s roof leaking.

Maybe for the extra $100 million they could have built a door, but wanted to keep it less than $5 billion.

Michigan lost because of some bad coaching and the refs took away that TD. I think they were the better team, but that’s football. Michigan would have made a better game if it in a losing effort.
tOSU and Michigan were the better teams last week. They didn't get it done. TCU pulled Vikings type season (Without the losses). In the end the top teams in the B1G were right there with any other teams in the country.

When the playoffs start, only Conference Champs get the byes, so teams will need to win 3-4 games to win title. Getting 18-24 year olds to focus on the prize for that whole stretch won't be easy. There will be upsets every year.

For sure
Michigan flat out choked in the semi final.

They ended up scoring 42 second half points but dug themselves too big of a hole and gave TCU confidence and momentum.
The second best team in the country was maybe Ohio state and Michigan pounded them thanksgiving weekend at Ohio state.

I think if I was ranking my top teams in the nation it would be something like:
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio state
Tennessee
Alabama

If Kansas state played TCU a third time I would pick K state to win the game.

Michigan choked big time

For sure
Michigan flat out choked in the semi final.

They ended up scoring 42 second half points but dug themselves too big of a hole and gave TCU confidence and momentum.
The second best team in the country was maybe Ohio state and Michigan pounded them thanksgiving weekend at Ohio state.

I think if I was ranking my top teams in the nation it would be something like:
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio state
Tennessee
Alabama

If Kansas state played TCU a third time I would pick K state to win the game.

Michigan choked big time
The game I would’ve loved to see was usc and Tennessee. Two bad defenses but incredible offenses. I think after your first 3, the rest is CFB this year was pretty middling and probably could beat each other given the right bounces. To beat those top 3, they’d need the perfect storm

The game I would’ve loved to see was usc and Tennessee. Two bad defenses but incredible offenses. I think after your first 3, the rest is CFB this year was pretty middling and probably could beat each other given the right bounces. To beat those top 3, they’d need the perfect storm
Yeah I agree with that

Top Bottom