TCF Crowd Today - What Gives?

What I'd like to know is how the big chunk of weasels got into the deep corners of the student section after halftime. The ES-FU chant should have been an easy way to get shown the door.

231 brought it yesterday. Most of us in the bottom 12-15 rows were standing and hollering the whole game.

This was the latest arriving crowd among the three games. As was said, the stadium was about 2/3 filled at kickoff. But, before we all go slashing our wrists, take a look at your TiVO and note that the two Wisconsin visitor sections were filled at the same rate. All the non-student sections were FULL by the end of first quarter. It was sold out, and the butts were in the seats. I still don't get why you would want to hold a ticket to a sporting event but NOT get there in time for the start or leave early, but that is what a lot of people did and it must have been the weather becasue that wasn't the case with Air Force or Cal. There is always going to be more red and black in the crowd than what you'd want to see for this type of game but I can say that there were only two Wisconsin fans sitting anywhere near me - and ironically they were attending with the FAMILY of a Gopher player. Go figure. I do think they need to figure out how to fill the student section because the upper deck top and corners of their sections stand in stark contrast to the full sections next to them. The student section never did appear full for the whole game.

On a personal level... I did have to shake my head thinking about the guy and his kid with the tickets next to us. They arrived toward the end of the first quarter, and were gone with over half the fourth quarter to play. Why bother?

The reason the crowd was late getting to the game was due to the security at the gates. I got in line at 10:25 and got into TCF at 11:02. An 80 year old in front of me was checked for over 2 minutes! Let us in faster and the crowd will be ready at kickoff!

What I'd like to know is how the big chunk of weasels got into the deep corners of the student section after halftime. The ES-FU chant should have been an easy way to get shown the door.

231 brought it yesterday. Most of us in the bottom 12-15 rows were standing and hollering the whole game.

It never ceases to amaze me why Wisconsin fans tolerate the ES-FU chant. I would hope that if our student section ever coordinated a vulgar chant like that (other than the occaisional BS chant that happens everywhere after a bad call) that people would be upset enough to try and put a stop to that.

First and foremost, I hate losing but had a great time at the game. Got to pre-game tailgate in full for the first time and re-introduce a UM alum guest to football on campus. Again, good times.

Question for those at the game...was it just me or was the crowd just out of it today? Not the students...they were great! But I mean the general crowd...

We were definitely louder and more engaged for Air Force and Cal.

212 had a completely different character than the earlier games. Me personally, I have no voice left but that's just me.

I do not think we were a hostile environment today. Hard to imagine that as the case with Bucky in The Bank.

What gives?:confused:

Go Gophers! Beat the Boilers!

Section 101 where I sit was standing the entire game. We seemed very into the game.

It never ceases to amaze me why Wisconsin fans tolerate the ES-FU chant. I would hope that if our student section ever coordinated a vulgar chant like that (other than the occaisional BS chant that happens everywhere after a bad call) that people would be upset enough to try and put a stop to that.

Does not amaze me. That chant sums up many Badger fans in 20 second outburst of their creativity. What's odd is that the Packer fans don't act the same way, in my experience. Packer and Viking fans seem to get a long better? Do others agree with me? I'd rather be stuck next to a Packer fan at a Vikings game, than next to a Badger fan at a Gopher game.

On a personal level... I did have to shake my head thinking about the guy and his kid with the tickets next to us. They arrived toward the end of the first quarter, and were gone with over half the fourth quarter to play. Why bother?

I have the same issue right where I sit. The crowd in general is ok, though a little quieter than I'd like, they tend to stand on 3rd downs, and I've never been asked to sit down or be quiet. But there's a guy and his young son (12 or so) right in front of me. Every game they sit on their hands the whole time, never seem interested in the game, then leave half way through the fourth, regardless of what's happening. After Air Force I figured they'd be done, but they've showed up every game and done the exact same thing.
My only guess is that they show up because the kid's in to it, but he doesn't get too excited in front of dad.

Went to a game in Knoxville vs Alabama last year and there is no security check or patting people down before the game. Do we need it here? This was just one of many things that are done better there than here.

Believe me, there are plenty of us who are embarrassed by this awful tradition. I hope it ends, I doubt it will be an easy task though.

Believe me, there are plenty of us who are embarrassed by this awful tradition. I hope it ends, I doubt it will be an easy task though.

Good to hear. Has Bielema or Alvarez called for an end to it? If not, maybe they should.

Good to hear. Has Bielema or Alvarez called for an end to it? If not, maybe they should.

Many times. They both found out it only makes it louder.

At least it's more spontaneous than all the Minnesota students wearing "F*ck Wisconsin" or "Better Dead Than Red" t-shirts. Those folks had to plan what they wore that day. They reflect just as well on the person as the ES-FU chant, which originated as "Tastes Great" and "Less Filling" in the 1980s. It morphed into what it is now about twenty years ago.

Top Bottom