TC Media Has Taught Him Well

Not sure what he accomplished by writing that piece. Was he trying to impress his B1G Michigan sportswriting brethren?

You're either a fan or you're not. Either way, I'm sure he'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon if/when the Gopher football/basketball programs put together one of those special seasons.

Drew Stanton sure has a lot to rip on the Gophers about...he was a whopping 1-2 as a starter against the Gophers. Michigan State had an unimpressive 22-26 overall record during Stanton's four years.

Take it a step further: Stanton was a starter for three seasons (2004-2006). Michigan St. was 14-21 in that time frame with no bowl appearances. The Gophers were 20-17 with three bowl appearances from 2004-2006.

And it's not like Michigan State's recent history is that exceptional. They've had five winning seasons since 2000.

This guy was a dolt when he worked for the Daily, obviously not much has changed. I'm guessing he never thought this article would make its way to the GopherHole.

The fact that he harps on Michigan State as being a vastly superior program is amusing since we own a 6-4 record in our past 10 against the Spartans. And we've hardly had any stretches where we were setting the world on fire.

Bringing up Jerry Kill's health is unprofessional, immature and absolutely ridiculous in relation to Dantonio. Which coach has missed a game due to health concerns? Not Jerry Kill.

At least Mr. Katzenstein seems to be enjoying his time in Detroit.

This guy was a dolt when he worked for the Daily, obviously not much has changed. I'm guessing he never thought this article would make its way to the GopherHole.
Given his writing I doubt he cares.

Hahaha, he's actually embarrassed to say he even went here cause the football team sucks right now? I can see not wanting to big up the fact that you're a "fan" (and for him I use that term very loosely), but to act ashamed to have even attended the institution itself? Wow.......I can only laugh at this

He tweeted, "Sorry, Gopher fans, but the truth hurts. We stink" with a link to his article. The truth does hurt, Josh: You're a crap reporter. Your research for this article consisted of a text from a friend and a chance run-in with Drew Stanton. Bang up reporting, Josh. You're whole article has been undressed by several posters on here who took the time to do some basic Internet research. Time you probably spent trying to happen upon Jeff Smoker for a couple of quotes. You've had great access to Gopher football as a prominent member of the student media at the U. You have a chance to write a meaningful report about the Gophers and our struggles. And you come up with the same formulaic complaints (and writing quality) that I'd expect to see on a 15-year-old's blog.

The writer shows that he's an idiot, a collape due to an epileptic siezure, the chances of surviving are near 100%. Collapsing due to a heart attack means there is a significant chance of death. I understand a kid being a little cautious, but if they can't do a little research and put it into context, they're not smart enough to attend the U anway.

Here's a newsflash, you f*cking dink: THE GOPHERS ARE NOT THAT BAD. Sure, we're usually among the dregs of the Big Ten, but it is always the best or 2nd-best conference in the country. We've gone to bowl games 9 out of the last 13 seasons. There are many BCS schools (Indiana, Vanderbilt, Duke, Baylor, Rutgers, etc.) who would be quite pleased to swap recent history with us. And why Michigan St.? Seriously? Outside of last season, which was Michigan St.'s best in more than 20 years and one of Minnesota's worst in school history, they've basically been the same program over the past 10-15 years, with Minnesota arguably being better. You could've slammed your alma mater by comparing us to Michigan, who have absolutely owned us (including beating us with one of their worst teams ever) and actually do have a recent and long-term history to crow over. Then again, I shouldn't expect any quality journalism from you, you piece of dog excrement hack.

Here's a newsflash, you f*cking dink: THE GOPHERS ARE NOT THAT BAD. Sure, we're usually among the dregs of the Big Ten, but it is always the best or 2nd-best conference in the country. We've gone to bowl games 9 out of the last 13 seasons. There are many BCS schools (Indiana, Vanderbilt, Duke, Baylor, Rutgers, etc.) who would be quite pleased to swap recent history with us. And why Michigan St.? Seriously? Outside of last season, which was Michigan St.'s best in more than 20 years and one of Minnesota's worst in school history, they've basically been the same program over the past 10-15 years, with Minnesota arguably being better. You could've slammed your alma mater by comparing us to Michigan, who have absolutely owned us (including beating us with one of their worst teams ever) and actually do have a recent and long-term history to crow over. Then again, I shouldn't expect any quality journalism from you, you piece of dog excrement hack.

+1. That dude is such a chump.

It's a pretty wild assertion to say that 18 year olds won't want to play for Kill because of his history of seizures. Has he actually talked to any recruits who have said this? Dantonio's health issues haven't prevented recruits from going to MSU, and a heart attack is more serious. He recruited pretty well at NIU for a MAC team. Surely if it was such an issue, these recruits would have chosen to attend some other MAC school. Most people in the football world thought that the Gophers made a good hire with Kill, and his recruiting has been pretty decent for a team that won only three games last season. He hasn't done miracles, but miracles are not the standard, otherwise they wouldn't be called miracles.

He acts as if the Gophers have been perennial cellar dwellers for the past 40+ years. It's not true. The Gophers resided in the cellar for the 1990's, since 1967, the Gophers have averaged around 6th or 7th place. That's basically middle of the pack, skewed downward by the Wacker era. And yes, the Brewster era was bad, but even Brewster had a couple mediocre years.

We didn't lose badly to NMSU. Losing to New Mexico State itself was bad, but he says that the Gophers not only lost to NMSU, but lost badly, which implies not only that losing to NMSU was bad, but that the Gophers got crushed. Again, it was a bad loss, but the Gophers weren't crushed.

There's nothing especially awful about the Gophers. The Gophers are in a position that many teams with are at the beginning of a new coaching regime. He says the truth hurts, but he sounds like someone rolling over for the big bad smack talkers more than someone telling the truth.

He used to write for the daily, he posts on this board under the name katze019, mostly in the BBall forum. Weird, arrogant dude without much talent.

joshkatzenstein.jpg

Hey slap dick-

As I wrote on the other board, I used his name because I was a student at the U and enjoyed his work (as well as Marcus) covering the gophersbball squad and wanted to let people know there was someone better than that wack of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# Myron. Thank god Myron is gone and after reading Katz$%@$$%@# comments & glad that punk bich is in Detroilet. I could change my moniker... it shouldn't really matter.

I was going to shoot him a link to this page on his twitter, but he must have deleted it... I'll shoot him a note, please join me.

[email protected] & [email protected] not sure which one is correct so I used both.

Ashamed of saying your alma mater is Minnesota because the football team doesn't win much. Unbelievable.

Isn't Drew Stanton the guy that got chair legged by a Gopher linebacker at the goal line several years ago? Maybe he is still a little cloudy?

We finally know who the illegitimate son of Pat Reusse is - and he changed his last name to Katzenstein! Father and son, who can't even run down a football field, can skip slow motion, hand in hand, giggling as they bash the Gophers. Katzenstein - you're an idiot who wouldn't know a talented coach who can motivate young men if he bit you in your katzenstein!

Hey slap dick-

As I wrote on the other board, I used his name because I was a student at the U and enjoyed his work (as well as Marcus) covering the gophersbball squad and wanted to let people know there was someone better than that wack of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# Myron. Thank god Myron is gone and after reading Katz$%@$$%@# comments & glad that punk bich is in Detroilet. I could change my moniker... it shouldn't really matter.

I was going to shoot him a link to this page on his twitter, but he must have deleted it... I'll shoot him a note, please join me.

[email protected] & [email protected] not sure which one is correct so I used both.

How about [email protected] ?

Obvious that is where I get the moniker name from genius... as it was linked to his old stories... Hello. Go ahead and try that one, I sent him the link to this thread as well.

he is now whining about how much hatred he is recieving from Goofer fans. Keep at this chump fellow gopherholers.

Obvious that is where I get the moniker name from genius... as it was linked to his old stories... Hello. Go ahead and try that one, I sent him the link to this thread as well.

You used someone else's x500 as an account on a Gophers forum? Kiddo, if you're going to lie, at least try to do so convincingly. It will help with your journalistic future.

You used someone else's x500 as an account on a Gophers forum? Kiddo, if you're going to lie, at least try to do so convincingly. It will help with your journalistic future.

To be fair, I remember this poster telling me a long time (several months?) ago that he wasn't Josh Katzenstein. I'm not saying he's not lying, but if he is, at least he's being consistent.

Detroit Reporter

What a quirky, disrespectful, shameful comment about Coach Kill. But if the author is going to get into personal health issues, why doesn't he mention that MSU' coach, D'antonio, had a heart attack in recent history and had to replaced by assistant coaches until his recovery.

I love this tweet:

Just spoke w #Gophers football spokesman, who said J. Kill has a clean bill of health. He's not in danger during seizures. That's good news.

Just reiterates that he did no research in his article. They've been saying this for a few weeks.

What a quirky, disrespectful, shameful comment about Coach Kill. But if the author is going to get into personal health issues, why doesn't he mention that MSU' coach, D'antonio, had a heart attack in recent history and had to replaced by assistant coaches until his recovery.

Because that requires 3 minutes of research. He doesn't do any research.

To be fair, I remember this poster telling me a long time (several months?) ago that he wasn't Josh Katzenstein. I'm not saying he's not lying, but if he is, at least he's being consistent.

I don't recall every telling you that. Unless you are also Jesse/GW who I explained my moniker to… along with letting him know he has a lot in common with a tub of fat.

I really have nothing to lose here folks. I thought about using the names like mndailyreader or mndailybbguy and went with his umn name listed at the bottom of his articles. If you think I'm Josh, keep on thinking so.

It's just an odd choice of a moniker and bad timing I suppose. You picked an obscure student writer for a little paper like the MnDaily, found their university internet id, used it as your own on a message board, and commented on other columnists writing styles. I assumed it was a joke that you claimed not to be Josh. I used to post on here with my own Internet ID, which seems fairly normal.

I don't recall every telling you that. Unless you are also Jesse/GW who I explained my moniker to… along with letting him know he has a lot in common with a tub of fat.

Yes, you did tell me that. And no, I'm not Gopher Warrior, although I also have a lot in common with a tub of fat.

Top Bottom