Tanner Morgan's Father Passes Away?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I haven't looked online yet, but a buddy in the know just texted me and said that Tanner's father passed away this evening. Sounds like it potentially had to do with the brain tumor.

Very very sad if true. I hope Tanner has a strong support system around him for this extremely difficult time. Sending love to he and his family!

Based on this Tweet from last week, it seems likely his health was not good.

That is very sad. Way too young.

RIP Ted.

He's been dealing with health serious issues per Ryan Burns, so possible.

Sad

I can only pray that the Morgan family finds peace and comfort in these trying times.

Such sad news. Ted was a passionate Gopher fan and spent many, many hours here on GopherHole. He was a true believer in the Row the Boat culture and all it stood for and that, along with a deep faith and incredibly close family, carried him through these last few months.

I lost my Mom to cancer when I was around Tanner’s age. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone—its a massive life event at a time when most aren’t equipped for it or focused on family. Knowing it is coming helps the family and the Morgan’s are people of strong faith.

I hope Tanner and his family, friends and other people who knew his dad find peace in that he is no longer suffering.

As posters on this board can contest as they have lost loved ones at young age. I know that as we have heard about them from time to time.

Its really sad in a sense as based on polls, attitudes, etc., God clearly isn't number one in America anymore. As Tanner's father would say, don't wait for tragedy to happen to make contact with God and live a life that God would appreciate.

Wishing you peace at this time Tanner as you go through this period. I'll fly my Gopher flag on the day of his funeral.

Ughhhh - Prayers up for Tanner’s father and the whole family! 😰

It will be difficult, but sounds like Tanner has a strong family and he has his teammates to lean on.

My dad died when I was 17 (heart attack). He was 49. when I turned 50, it really hit me that I was older now than my dad lived to be. I try not to get too down about it, but I am certainly aware that I never got to have that relationship with my dad as an adult. He was a big sports fan - loved football and hockey. He really liked 'tough guys.' His favorite athlete was Gordy Howe. When the NHL expanded in '67 and the North Stars came into the league, he was thrilled that he could go up to the cities and watch Howe, Esposito and all the other top players in person. I can only imagine what he would think about hockey on a 60" HDTV.

As I type this, I have a picture on my kitchen table showing my Dad in his Navy uniform.

again, thoughts and prayers to the Morgan family.

Beat the Buckeyes for Ted!

Prayers to the Morgan family. I'm hopeful that their faith will give them comfort and strength to see them through this difficult time. I too lost my parents when I was Tanner's age and know how it changes everything. I'm thankful God is a part of Tanner's life. So sad. Ted was much too young, and Tanner shouldn't lose a parent already.

Thanks for posting this, I had actually never seen it before. What a proud moment for a Dad, handled with grace and class.
I hadn't seen that either. Seemed to be a very proud and humble man, but I loved that wry little smile on his face when Holly asked him about people who didn't feel Tanner was good enough to be a Big 10 QB.

God bless Tanner and the whole Morgan family. Having such strong faith I'm sure has helped and will continue to help them through these difficult times.

It will be difficult, but sounds like Tanner has a strong family and he has his teammates to lean on.

My dad died when I was 17 (heart attack). He was 49. when I turned 50, it really hit me that I was older now than my dad lived to be. I try not to get too down about it, but I am certainly aware that I never got to have that relationship with my dad as an adult. He was a big sports fan - loved football and hockey. He really liked 'tough guys.' His favorite athlete was Gordy Howe. When the NHL expanded in '67 and the North Stars came into the league, he was thrilled that he could go up to the cities and watch Howe, Esposito and all the other top players in person. I can only imagine what he would think about hockey on a 60" HDTV.

As I type this, I have a picture on my kitchen table showing my Dad in his Navy uniform.

again, thoughts and prayers to the Morgan family.

Beat the Buckeyes for Ted!
My dad had a heart attack at 59, died twice on the way to the hospital and was revived.

He lived another 29 years to have 13 grandkids and scads of great grandkids. I, too looked inward when I got to that year. Happily I have a heart in great condition.

My best friend Al (Minnesota 1981) got rectal cancer in 2013 that eventually spread to every organ in his body, finally his brain. We managed to get 6 years extra with him. He was 5 months older than me and died two days after his 61st birthday. When I reached 61 and three days old, it was a gripping moment to know I was finally older than I guy I looked up to as my older brother.

Both Dad and Al missed the pure joy of the fall of 2019, and both would have been absolutely gobsmacked by the events of that season. Ted Morgan lived it.

Damn it. Just, damn it. Losing my mom when I was 19 hurt and still hurts and will never stop. Tanner, I wish you all the strength God can give. You are with the best football family you can ask for.

Sounds like a great guy. My deepest condolences to his family.

God Bless Tanner, and the rest of the Morgan Family in their time of sorrow.

Profound loss and sorrow visited my family when I lose my loving wife to cancer last year immediately followed by my own near-death experience with Covid & MSSA Pneumonia simultaneously.

God is always there even though you are not paying attention.

So sad. My thoughts go out to Tanner and his entire family.

Condolences to the Morgan and Gopher family.

Brings to mind Brett Favre going out and having a phenomenal game the day his Dad passed away.

Game One against The Ohio State University is dedicated to you by the fans Tanner, let's bring the noise.

Top Bottom