Tanner Morgan NFL draft profiles

Stats arent everything watch some film, Mcsorley was way better only people on gopherhole would debate that. The skillset hackenberg had made him an NFL QB. If Tanner played in an NFL game he would be so limited on what plays can be called. I don't think you realize the quality of throws NFL guys consistantly make

It’s pretty obvious, but we disagree. Yes, velocity helps at times. It isn’t the only thing that matters. Many coaches disagree on QBs too. And that’s ok.

you lose any credibility when it comes to football talk this is so outrageous
Go back and watch him play at Alabama. He was throwing to Waddle and Smith. They were routinely open by three yards and Jones was just chucking up passes in their general direction. He never had to work past his first read because it was always open. He rarely stepped into a throw because he never needed to and you can tell watching him in the NFL.

Go back and watch him play at Alabama. He was throwing to Waddle and Smith. They were routinely open by three yards and Jones was just chucking up passes in their general direction. He never had to work past his first read because it was always open. He rarely stepped into a throw because he never needed to and you can tell watching him in the NFL.
yeah SEC football is that simple the coach just tells you the first read and you throw it to them everytime. I can't even debate you anymore your football IQ is so low

It’s pretty obvious, but we disagree. Yes, velocity helps at times. It isn’t the only thing that matters. Many coaches disagree on QBs too. And that’s ok.
Velocity isn't the only thing that matters but guys who can't put velocity on the ball do not last in the NFL.

How many times does he come off his first read in this video?
the first clip they run shock and he hits the slot fade because he reckongnizes man coverage. He coulda banged the hitch for 5 thats the first read. I am only 16 seconds in

Even if that is all true, it doesn't mean Tanner Morgan is better than Mac Jones. I love Tanner as much as the next guy, but come on man.

Incidentally, those two guys were in the same high school recruiting class - both are 24 years old - Tanner is 7 months younger.

Jones was a 4* recruit - the #9 QB in the country with offers to every program in the country. Tanner had no Power Five offers until PJ got the Minnesota job.

Jones has started 29 NFL games.

the first clip they run shock and he hits the slot fade because he reckongnizes man coverage. He coulda banged the hitch for 5 thats the first read. I am only 16 seconds in
Yeah okay; deleted the video and set you to ignore. Problem solved.

Velocity isn't the only thing that matters but guys who can't put velocity on the ball do not last in the NFL.

There are plenty of guys, some in the HOF, that did not have “strong” arms. They had other attributes that made them great. Again, not saying Morgan will be drafted, I personally doubt it for all the reasons but I’d like a detailed breakdown of throws he “ can’t make”. He’s a decent passer. The anticipation and crazy accuracy were not as much on display the last few years. Pocket issues, etc.

There’s a difference between questioning whether a five year starter is capable, and whether he’s one of the top ten nfl prospects. Totally different discussion.

Leitner was 6'4" and over 225 and started 3-4 years. No place in the NFL for a 6 foot QB that runs a 5 flat 40 and has a weak arm. Will he start in the Bowl game?

The point was McSorley was pretty average and just bad his senior year yet is in the NFL. My point was to never compare the two directly. More that I don’t think anyone thought McSorley would ever play meaningful snaps in the NFL.
McSorley is Drew Tate with a brain.

Mac Jones has a marginally stronger arm and is worse in most other aspects. Never sets his feet. Stares down receivers. Has trouble resetting when his receivers aren't open. Rarely climbs a pocket.
Bad take. Jones was a 1st round pick, and Morgan will not get drafted. Those NFL scouts are dumb. :)

Mac Jones has a marginally stronger arm and is worse in most other aspects. Never sets his feet. Stares down receivers. Has trouble resetting when his receivers aren't open. Rarely climbs a pocket.
This is so hilarious I can’t tell if you’re serious. If you’re trolling, well played. If you’re not, then please get help.

Top Bottom