Tanner Morgan is a young Drew Brees

I don’t think he leaves early, even if he puts up Heisman numbers. He’s so dedicated to the program and Fleck.

Even on an “off day“ hit 2/3 of his passes. Growing up like crazy. Blew all the single season records out of the water.

I think he was as worried about his protection as I was in the first half. The bulls up front did better as the game went on and so did TM.

Next year is gonna be fun. Bringing most everybody back on offense and Tanner has another year under his belt. Could be another special one.

2 short, 2 slow, I like that he's got number 2 on his uniform.

I dont think he is an nfl qb

they said the same thing about Brees, for the same reason (because of measurable).
this ended up working out well for both Purdue (Brees returned his senior year due to lack of compelling Draft position) and Brees (because his draft stock rose).

needless to say the lack of “measurables” haven’t hurt Brees NFL career.

It’s unlikely that he will be as good as Brees, but I do suspect his lack of measurable will keep him at Minnesota for the duration of his eligibility.

thats a good thing for the Gophers.

I've got a co worker who is from south of the Mason-Dixon line, and a big Auburn and SEC fan. A very knowledgeable fella. He texted me congratulations after the game and his takeaway was, "man you've got a good quarterback".... We've not had compliments like that from outsiders often. It's good to know we are in great shape at that position. The kid is a winner.

I thought Heath Shuler would be an all-pro in the NFL, so what do I know about quarterbacks. That said, Tanner's only an incoming junior, so who knows. He's already the most accomplished Gopher quarterback of my lifetime.

If Tanner Morgan was on what is considered a first tier team, and we all know what teams those are, they would be talking him up for Heisman.

Ski-U-Mah!

You could argue he looks older than Brees. Morgan is the man so decisive with his reads and throws.

It's pretty silly how accurate Morgan has been. Two games this year completing over 90% of his passes (@Purdue, vs Penn State). Only other player with two 90% passing games in one year was Jameis Winston during the 2013 season where he won the Heisman and FSU won the National Championship.

But Morgan has been mostly brilliant all year. Those two games were not a fluke. Our offense should be even better next year....even without TJ, Smith, and Brooks. Although....the Morgan/TJ connection was on point today. The first TD was thrown to a place that only TJ could get it. He just came down with a circus catch. And the 73 yard fourth quarter strike to Johnson couldn't have been prettier. Met him right in stride. Great teams have players that can make those explosive/amazing plays. We just haven't had that in a very long time.

It's pretty silly how accurate Morgan has been. Two games this year completing over 90% of his passes (@Purdue, vs Penn State). Only other player with two 90% passing games in one year was Jameis Winston during the 2013 season where he won the Heisman and FSU won the National Championship.

But Morgan has been mostly brilliant all year. Those two games were not a fluke. Our offense should be even better next year....even without TJ, Smith, and Brooks. Although....the Morgan/TJ connection was on point today. The first TD was thrown to a place that only TJ could get it. He just came down with a circus catch. And the 73 yard fourth quarter strike to Johnson couldn't have been prettier. Met him right in stride. Great teams have players that can make those explosive/amazing plays. We just haven't had that in a very long time.
The success of the offense, frankly, will depend most on the play of the O-line next year. Everything else should be similar to this year. I'll also be less afraid, next year, that an injury to Morgan would destroy the season. There should be multiple quality backups, given today's projected roster.

Am underrated aspect of Morgan is his durability. As far as I know, he didn’t miss significant time in HS as a 4 year starter, and he hasn’t missed any in his two seasons here. The way he came back from the concussion was impressive too.

Morgan hurt his knee early on yet played through it with the brace the rest of the year. Tough kid.

Great analysis. Totally agree.

An underrated aspect of Morgan is his durability. As far as I know, he didn’t miss significant time in HS as a 4 year starter, and he hasn’t missed any in his two seasons here. The way he came back from the concussion was impressive too.
Yep. 100%

I think what is above his neck is more important than what is below it.
Always. Ask Fran Tarkenton.

Top Bottom