Tailgating foods for breakfast

Mayne Street

Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas of what to serve for breakfast at our tailgating lot on Saturday. What are some of your favorite recipes?

Breakfast burritos with a nice bloody mary on the side...!!! I can't wait!!!

Am also doing breakfast burritos...Spicy sausage, cheese, lots o eggs, peppers, onions,etc....Beer, bloody mary's, and captain to wash it down.

Breakfast burritos with a nice bloody mary on the side...!!! I can't wait!!!

I second this. Just get a giant skillet and add ingredients all together in this order:

Ground Italian Sausage
Peppers and Onion
Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
Eggs

Put it all in a burrito, add cheese and salsa, and you've got a meal to feed a ton of people.

I sometimes like to do breakfast burgers, which is pretty much a burger with bacon, guacamole and a fried egg on top. But, breakfast burritos is a classic.

You must wash it all down with beer, though, or else it wouldn't be a tailgate.

I sometimes like to do breakfast burgers, which is pretty much a burger with bacon, guacamole and a fried egg on top. But, breakfast burritos is a classic.

You must wash it all down with beer, though, or else it wouldn't be a tailgate.

Agreed. Ever tried Clamato? That tomato beer????

I'm looking for some ideas of what to serve for breakfast at our tailgating lot on Saturday. What are some of your favorite recipes?

I have done the breakfast burritos (awesome choice), but we are doing breakfast sandwiches.

Fresh bagels cooked on the grill (from Common Roots), with egg and cheese. mmmm

We are also doing a Bloody Mary Bar where everyone brings one item to add to the drink.

Keep breakfast simple....Grain Group....Beer!!

The Seville serves a pretty good Cherios and wisky breakfast.

We always do eggs in a bag for the first morning game. Top that off with some sausage and a bloody mary and you are good to go.

I'm also a big fan of steak and eggs - you can get one of those big family packs of steak (under $20) from Super Target, and eggs with cheese, ham, mushroom, peppers, whatever you like. Super cheap and yummy!

we'll be doing our most popular menu from last season:

breakfast burritos
cheesy potatoes
sausage links
other assorted goodies, plus 35 cases of beer. Yumm.

I have done the breakfast burritos (awesome choice), but we are doing breakfast sandwiches.

Fresh bagels cooked on the grill (from Common Roots), with egg and cheese. mmmm

We are also doing a Bloody Mary Bar where everyone brings one item to add to the drink.

Don't forget the squeeze of fresh lime in the Bloody Mary. It's a must. It's the key.

Probably too southern, but in a cool crisp AM biscuits and gravy would be hot and welcome to the belly, especially with some scrambled eggs on the side. Just another easy option to throw out there.

Keep breakfast simple....Grain Group....Beer!!

But lets not get too classy. High life, PBR, Beast is worthy. Krackhouse Vodka and some oj (generic brand) for screwdrivers or mrs. t's for bloody marys. If drinking friday night, egg mcmuffins will do the trick. Stay classy.

Dear Drunken: I do not specifically recommend a brand, just so it is COLD. No car trunk warm Blatz Light allowed. :)

How about Kilbasa sausage

Kilbasa sausage chopped up into quarters dipped in real maple syrup, Scrambled eggs just need a flat griddle, breakfast potatoes with chopped onion and garlic heck you can even do red potatoes just the same with those two. Pork chops with Porky's seasoning make a surprisingly good breakfast option. Grain belt premium, screw drivers, hot apple cider with Jameson Irish Whiskey.

For early (11a) games, we generally have just "a little get-together" before the game (it isn't tailgating w/o a grill) with deviled eggs, fruit, maybe some cheese, pastries, bloody marys, Irish coffee, mimosa, etc. Then, after the game, do your standard tailgate fare, with added side dishes. Enjoy a leisurely meal while traffic thins out.

Top Bottom