Tailgate lot organization.

nemosgold

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular question but, why don't they have people park furthest from the exits first? I was a 37er now a 33er and both lots stink as far as organization. Plenty of open parking spots furthest from the entrance. People who get there really, really early, no one will interrupt your toss games or ask you to move a table because no one will be driving in those areas ounce they fill up.

I believe the university is Just too Minnesota nice by letting people park anywhere. I've been everywhere but Indiana and we have way too much freedom in picking a parking spot.

It would be best for everyone if the university parked the cars. Once an isle is full guess what? No one will need to drive doe the isle and you'll double your space.

I wish I could get to every game when the lot opens but that just doesn't happen. I was there 3.5 hours prior to game time and still had people yelling at me for basically entering he parking lot.

This may be an unpopular question but, why don't they have people park furthest from the exits first? I was a 37er now a 33er and both lots stink as far as organization. Plenty of open parking spots furthest from the entrance. People who get there really, really early, no one will interrupt your toss games or ask you to move a table because no one will be driving in those areas ounce they fill up.

I believe the university is Just too Minnesota nice by letting people park anywhere. I've been everywhere but Indiana and we have way too much freedom in picking a parking spot.

It would be best for everyone if the university parked the cars. Once an isle is full guess what? No one will need to drive doe the isle and you'll double your space.

I wish I could get to every game when the lot opens but that just doesn't happen. I was there 3.5 hours prior to game time and still had people yelling at me for basically entering he parking lot.

So your questions is "why are arseholes arseholes?" The answer, because they are arseholes.

If people used logic and reason and had even the slightest amount of consideration do you think the world would suck as much as it does?

I don’t park in those lots, but in the Ski-U-Mah Lot we have similar issues. The primary “problem” is that not all of the spaces are the same. Some have extra space because of how the lanes are drawn and those spaces, obviously, are most desirable and fill first. They are spread throughout the lot. Once those areas are filled, many people tend to park in the first available space so they don’t have to drive through the crowd. There’s no proactive enforcement of any space related rules that I have seen, so people set up tents, tables, games, etc. that overlap other parking spaces or extend out beyond the line marking your “tailgating zone.” I haven’t ever witnessed anyone refusing to move when asked, but it does make the process of navigating the lot more treacherous. The current system rewards the people who get there earliest with their choice of spots. Another alternative would be to assign space numbers (randomly, based on Gopher Points, etc.) but I think that they really want to encourage people to come early and the current system seems to foster that.

I think people would find there is more space if they park further from the entrance. Once those spots are filled you could set up tents in the aisles. As it stands now people do that in the entrances. I still think the university should park cars instead of the free for all. We all paid for one spot, not three.

I have no problem with the current system, but I am one of those that shows up when they open.

Do the people that don't like the current system tailgate or just park and go to the game?

We were there three hours early. I have had to arrive later for two of the home games due to work. Arriving an hour prior really stinks driving around the lot. Like I said, I think our administration is a little too "Minnesota nice". The other stadiums I've been to, they have people parking you and there really is more space because there is no traffic down the aisles once they are full.

We always need something stupid to argue about. I wish that the golf carts that the staff drives around would pick me up from home. Come on Norwood, fix this!

We always need something stupid to argue about. I wish that the golf carts that the staff drives around would pick me up from home. Come on Norwood, fix this!

I wish the band would get out of the tailgate lot aisles. ;-)

We've parked in the exact same corner for the past 5 years in the Ski U Mah. We happen to park far from the entrance and closest to the stadium, but it's almost like season tickets. It's a community. You know the people who have parked by you for years, it's a little tailgate family. Every visitor that comes knows where to find you and knows your spot. We always get there before the lot opens though, and we know to get our spot, we had to be there by 8:25am last week. It's 1st come 1st serve, and rewarding the people that get there early.

We've parked in the exact same corner for the past 5 years in the Ski U Mah. We happen to park far from the entrance and closest to the stadium, but it's almost like season tickets. It's a community. You know the people who have parked by you for years, it's a little tailgate family. Every visitor that comes knows where to find you and knows your spot. We always get there before the lot opens though, and we know to get our spot, we had to be there by 8:25am last week. It's 1st come 1st serve, and rewarding the people that get there early.

Are you with the guys with the flat screen and the white Yukon or the big group to the left of them?

Are you with the guys with the flat screen and the white Yukon or the big group to the left of them?

That's one of our cars, we have that whole corner of about 5 cars, and if you consider a group of 50+ big, that's us.

I'd allow the people who arrive within the first hour to park wherever they want. They're obviously the die hard tailgaters and deserve their pick.

After that I would have staff assigning spots as people enter, filling in from back to front.

It's pretty obnoxious how the late arriving fans are driving through the lots, running over stuff and making people move out of the way as they search in vain for an easy parking spot. This could be better organized.

That's one of our cars, we have that whole corner of about 5 cars, and if you consider a group of 50+ big, that's us.

I consider that big. We are tailgating neighbors. My brush with fame LOL.

I'd allow the people who arrive within the first hour to park wherever they want. They're obviously the die hard tailgaters and deserve their pick.

After that I would have staff assigning spots as people enter, filling in from back to front.

It's pretty obnoxious how the late arriving fans are driving through the lots, running over stuff and making people move out of the way as they search in vain for an easy parking spot. This could be better organized.

Well said but, I even think those who arrive early would find parking further from the exit would have a much more enjoyable time. It's done this way on other campuses.

Top Bottom