T on Bo

I hope someone got a picture of Bo imploding on that call.

:clap::clap::clap:

201, trust me, if GopherLady did, we will see it. Gotta love it. Bo makes the Creature From the Black Lagoon look like a rookie. :rockon:

Doc - GL

201, trust me, if GopherLady did, we will see it. Gotta love it. Bo makes the Creature From the Black Lagoon look like a rookie. :rockon:

Problem is GopherLady is not in the house. Perhaps she got a picture of it while watching on her laptop!

We have come to count on her.

:)

Is it sad that witnessing Bo Ryan get a technical foul was one of the happiest moments of my life? I say no.

It was a horrible call, he got a T, life goes on.

It was a horrible call, but he should have had the technical about 5 minutes before that. If that was the only call he could have freaked like a 8 year old, he wouldn't have gotten it. Except he was acting like that the entire 1st half from the tip onward. They had had enough and it was well deserved.

I agree it was a terrible call. But Bo complains every call. He is totally annoying and deserves any technical he gets.

It's about damn time that Bo got rung up.

Also, I thought that aside from one flop that got called a charge and a couple missed travels, I thought that the game was officiated reasonably close to a normal game. Recall that usually games involving the Badgers feature lots of hacking, holding, flopping, and knocking down cutters. When the big boys in red were actually forced to play defense by moving their feet, they had no idea what to do. They started jacking up 3s and they got cleaned out on the boards in the second half.

I sat right behind him the whole game, he did NOTHING but complain to the refs during the game. He even had ESPN's golf commentator Andy North in on the act. Guys like Bo and Izzo don't coach during games, they work the refs and let their assistants coach. Damn, it was good to see the Grinch get T'd up!

He should be assessed a technical when he walks into the arena, he's such a persistant whiner. Great coach - but a huge whiner.

He got two T's last year, both at home. When you work the refs like he does, it is the risk you take. He really is no worse then many coaches out there.

Also, I thought that aside from one flop that got called a charge and a couple missed travels, I thought that the game was officiated reasonably close to a normal game. Recall that usually games involving the Badgers feature lots of hacking, holding, flopping, and knocking down cutters. When the big boys in red were actually forced to play defense by moving their feet, they had no idea what to do. They started jacking up 3s and they got cleaned out on the boards in the second half.

Funny stuff.

Even in a reasonably well officiated game, Bucky still gets away with a whole lot of holding and grabbing on defense. While they actually called them on it once or twice, I noticed several times when Damian was trying to get open in the post and almost got undressed with nothing called.

The funniest part of this whole exchange is that A) two friends and I were able to get into the Grateful Red last January in Madison with no problem and B) didn't get anything that resembled the treatment the two weasel fans behind the band got last night.

I can't believe he didn't pick up a second technical....his sarcastic clapping in the faces of the refs when they called a foul on the Gophers and than reading his lips should've gotten him tossed.

He really is no worse then many coaches out there.

Maybe not. But he's also much, much worse than many coaches out there.

He and Izzo are far and away the biggest whiners in the Big 10. No other coach even comes close, so that leads me to believe that the lineup of coaches "he is no worse than" isn't really very long.

He got two T's last year, both at home. When you work the refs like he does, it is the risk you take. He really is no worse then many coaches out there.

Name 3 coaches who whine more than Bo Ryan....please?

Thad Matta is one. He's the only Big 10 coach I hate more then Bo. But at least I respect Bo's coaching ability.

Bo is both a better coach and more of a whiner than Matta. The only thing that Matta can do is out recruit Ryan. But maybe that even has to do with resources and location.

I still cant think of a coach in the country that is constantly on the refs more than Ryan. When does he find time to actually coach during the game?

I respect Bo Ryan as a coach for his knowledge of the game but he is one of the biggest crybabies in college basketball. His recent "rant" about tournament expansion where he made some just dumb statements honestly made me question the man's sanity.

Ryan, Izzo, Crean, & Matta are the coaches in the Big Ten that really push the envelope when working officials. Weber, Painter & Carmody are next. Beilein, Tubby, and Lickliter don't work the officials much at all. Haven't seen enough of Dechellis to know.

Nationally, I'm not sure anyone is as whiny as Jim Boeheim or Gary Williams. Roy Williams will get in a guy's ear.

Guys like Izzo, Matta, Roy Williams and Gary Williams might not be afraid to work an official, but none of them can hold a candle to Bo on the Whine-o-Meter.

Guys like Izzo, Matta, Roy Williams and Gary Williams might not be afraid to work an official, but none of them can hold a candle to Bo on the Whine-o-Meter.

You clearly have never heard Izzo speak.

Seen Izzo just as much as I have seen Ryan. Izzo does his fair share of complaining but Bo blows him out of the water!

You clearly have never heard Izzo speak.

Have to agree with GV here. Aside from always getting that expression like he's a two year thats just had his lollipop taken way, I'd love it if he would just shut up and coach.

Ryan, Izzo, Crean, & Matta are the coaches in the Big Ten that really push the envelope when working officials. Weber, Painter & Carmody are next. Beilein, Tubby, and Lickliter don't work the officials much at all. Haven't seen enough of Dechellis to know.

Nationally, I'm not sure anyone is as whiny as Jim Boeheim or Gary Williams. Roy Williams will get in a guy's ear.

Maybe Tubby's just as effective, but it does seem like he could stand to work the refs more. I noticed after one time-out last night he went out to the official, gave him the stare, pointed and just said 'you know that was a foul right.' Granted it was one of his better stares, but still I doubt that encounter influences a ref as much as Bo partially rupturing thier eardrum.

Top Bottom