Syracuse vs Minnesota in Texas Bowl according to Phil Steele

F - the .BMW ( I'll never eat at one of their joints again. And F the Gator Bowl. The kids deserved
better. Here's a thought. Why not play Syracuse in the Dome and send the Texas Bowl a rent check for the non use of Relient Stadium. We could certainly entertain Syracuse better in the Twin Cities. Houston is a sh-t hole. Syracuse is a basketball school. There won't be 1000 fans there.

The sad part is that we could have beaten Wisconsin or MSU and we would have been in the same game. Its a fact of life that we'll always get selected in the lowest possible game.

The sad part is the Passing Offense didn't show-up for either game so we'll never know.

Well, this is not what I was hoping for. Might as well beat the piss out of 'Cuse and prove a point on the field. 9 wins is 9 wins.

Now know how some of the Texas Tech fans felt last year about getting a 6-6 also ran from the Big Ten. Feeling even worse about going 8-4 and getting a 6-6 also ran from the ACC. Boston College, T.T. and Arizona at least won more games than they lost.

Though the Raiders losing their last 5 in a row didn't help their cause.

Disappointing on a number of levels. Hope we take a chip on our shoulder to Houston, like we had to play with all year long. Go Gophers!

Well we earned the catch 22!!! We have not followed well at all, and weather we like it or not that is the game. We can make all kinds of excuses, but until we get to the Rose Bowl or follow we will get this respect. SO WE EITHER SUCK IT UP AND FOLLOW, OR GET **** TEAMS!!!

Isn't BWW headquarters here? They have a bar right across the street from TCF and they take MI.

A team we beat last Season? Kinda disappointing but it's a great shot at 9 wins...

The folks on the 'Cuse boards are overjoyed, and with good reason.

In the meantime, I hope the Gophs come into Houston with a chip on their shoulders and make a statement. We think the bowl selection committee has made a mistake - it's up to us to show them how big of a mistake they made.

I guess all you can do is blame the fans for not traveling well in the past.
This one is 95% on the fans, and 5% on the program.

Can't say its a surprise. If you would have told me in August we would be in the Texas Bowl I'd be happy. We won't get the benefit of better bowls until we travel better.

Fans won't travel if they keep getting sent to crappy bowls, we need 6-2 team bad to break the mold so they bowl committees won't have a choice and they'll see how well we can travel. Gopher fans will go Florida for a new years bowl if given chance, but it won't happen until a gopher goes out and just takes it. One more win this year would've done it, but the big ten won't always be this down.

Please for the love of all things clean and pure, don't overlook Syracuse. They are better than a lot of teams we played this year. It would sure be a sad way to end a great year to lose to Syracuse in Houston because we were disappointed by the selection.

I don't think it will happen because we have awesome senior leadership and an offense who feels like they have something to prove. I'm hoping they take the mentality that they should have won the bowl game last year and they have their chance to do it with big time style points this year.

Please for the love of all things clean and pure, don't overlook Syracuse. They are better than a lot of teams we played this year. It would sure be a sad way to end a great year to lose to Syracuse in Houston because we were disappointed by the selection.

I don't think it will happen because we have awesome senior leadership and an offense who feels like they have something to prove. I'm hoping they take the mentality that they should have won the bowl game last year and they have their chance to do it with big time style points this year.

Agreed. And they have a long time to prepare for us. I'm sure the majority of Texas Tech fans were saying similar things about the Gophers last year and we gave them a hell of a fight. We need to be well-prepared and have the right mindset going into this game to win it.

Or alternatively, "Gopher Fans Kicked in Nuts"

Here is what is interesting: Preseason... How many GH'ers projected along with the National Media that we would 0-fer in the B1G this year, and are now complaining about the Bowl Game our guys are in. Talk about "Kicked in the Nuts" all you want, think back to the comments from our own GH'ers about our FB team prior to the first OOC game.

We're going to bowls again, which is good. But we're never going to go to a decent bowl unless we win 10 or more games in the regular season. Gophers fans don't travel, so we'll be stuck playing crappy opponents in crappy bowls even if we're better than our Big Ten brethren.

Our traveling issue is one issue I don't see being resolved for a long time, if ever. This is a front-runner town with lots of sports and entertainment options. I really don't think we'd travel to any bowl other than a BCS bowl or playoff game. Even then, I think we'd have a pathetic showing compared to other teams.

This is how I feel...Wake me up when next season starts. If we don't win by 14+ I'm going to be dissapointed. This really sucks, even if we are in a bowl game. Could we play BC instead? hahah I wish...

I hope we wipe the field clean with these clowns to prove to the nation that we got jobbed with this bowl game. Equally, I hope Georgia kills Nebraska and makes the Gator Bowl about as non-competitive as it can get.

You want a conference team to lose in a bowl?

We're going to bowls again, which is good. But we're never going to go to a decent bowl unless we win 10 or more games in the regular season. Gophers fans don't travel, so we'll be stuck playing crappy opponents in crappy bowls even if we're better than our Big Ten brethren.

Our traveling issue is one issue I don't see being resolved for a long time, if ever. This is a front-runner town with lots of sports and entertainment options. I really don't think we'd travel to any bowl other than a BCS bowl or playoff game. Even then, I think we'd have a pathetic showing compared to other teams.

Yes. Fans from college markets follow their teams with zeal.

this absolutely sucks hard. We got to take care of business. Unbelievable that Nebraska is likely going to rematch georgia in gator bowl. terrible

Do you think Nebraska will have more fans there than we would have? Do you think Nebraska would if there were NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, WNBA, and major college hockey teams in Lincoln? The bowls are businesses.

Here is what is interesting: Preseason... How many GH'ers projected along with the National Media that we would 0-fer in the B1G this year, and are now complaining about the Bowl Game our guys are in. Talk about "Kicked in the Nuts" all you want, think back to the comments from our own GH'ers about our FB team prior to the first OOC game.

Sorry, we can't think back. We want something to whine about and this is it. Please get out of the way as we need plenty of room for our big old lower lips.

Yay, we made a bowl game and we should be thrilled. Never mind Tex Tech and Kstate got better bowl games and they were projected opponents for us.

My comments are not a reflection on our team, their great season, or even getting bypassed by other bowls and going to Houston again. It is getting Syracuse as our opponent which really sucks. They might as well rename this the "Who Gives A Sh!t Bowl when I Can Sh!t in My Own Bowl Bowl."

I could give a rats rear end who we play. I want 9 wins which will put a real nice statement of the 2013 season.

Get the boys ready Coach Kill. There is a lot to prove. No sunsabech 6-6 team is gonna push us around.

The disappointment is warranted. A great season in which we won eight games and split our Big Ten games. Not only did we end up getting passed over by every bowl committee, but we ended up with a pretty lame matchup. Oh well. Now it is time to focus on winning the game.

Fans won't travel if they keep getting sent to crappy bowls, we need 6-2 team bad to break the mold so they bowl committees won't have a choice and they'll see how well we can travel. Gopher fans will go Florida for a new years bowl if given chance, but it won't happen until a gopher goes out and just takes it. One more win this year would've done it, but the big ten won't always be this down.

Problem is, I don't think one more win would have done it. It used to be that there were limitations on how far the bowls could dive for teams they wanted, but it's more loose now. If we were 5-3 and Nebraska 3-5, same result. That's what sucks. It's like how they held Cinderella down, and it took supernatural forces to get her to the ball.

Top Bottom