Syracuse fans reacting to Minnesota fans reacting to playing Syracuse

Wow, I didn’t know Syracuse was such a high flying program!

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion.”........Robert Burns

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see oursels as others see us!

It wad frae monie a blunder free us,

An' foolish notion.”........Robert Burns

Okay, SON, I have to admit I never thought I'd see Robert Burns quoted on Gopher Hole. It's sort of like hearing John Donne or William Butler Yeats quoted on KFAN... a bit of a shock!

Actually, the Syracuse fans seem to agree with many Gopher Hole posters — both fan bases agree that the 2022 Gopher football team is nothing more than 'mediocre'.

Last edited:

This made me legitimately lol.

95024f9b-36e9-4e5c-8968-8fad1aed8ce5-jpeg.222774

Some funny comments in there. Unsurprisingly, many of them have an inflated view of their own resume. Yeah, ours kinda sucks. But their best accomplishments are a win over Purdue, a win over NC State, and a close loss to Clemson. Doesn’t exactly strike fear in the hearts of anyone.

In any case, one thing they need to understand is that our anger doesn’t really have anything to do Syracuse. It has to do with our treatment in past bowl selections and the fact that NYC in late December in a baseball stadium is a bottom-tier bowl environment for fans.

Edit: Unless you’re a Yankees fan, which I assume many of the Syracuse fans are.

Some funny comments in there. Unsurprisingly, many of them have an inflated view of their own resume. Yeah, ours kinda sucks. But their best accomplishments are a win over Purdue, a win over NC State, and a close loss to Clemson. Doesn’t exactly strike fear in the hearts of anyone.

In any case, one thing they need to understand is that our anger doesn’t really have anything to do Syracuse. It has to do with our treatment in past bowl selections and the fact that NYC in late December in a baseball stadium is a bottom-tier bowl environment for fans.

Yes, well said.

Regarding their win over Purdue: Fleck is, what, 4-2 against Brohm?

And they sure do make a huge thing about their win over Minnesota... in 2012, or whenever it was.

Edit: Unless you’re a Yankees fan, which I assume many of the Syracuse fans are.
You pretty much said what I was about to post. We have played Cuse a few times in the last 10 or so years though so I would add that to the list of other reasons we are not thrilled about this bowl.

Much like here.

Syracuse has a way bigger bitch about opponent’s quality than we do. They have a much better history over the past few decades than we do.

My issue isn't with Syracuse. The Orangemen are at least as good as the Gophers. More power to em, the mother-humpers.

It's the long, expensive trip to a cold, expensive destination. I've been to NYC in the summer. I don't care to see it in the winter.

I wanted to go to Pasadena or Miami or Phoenix, or Tampa, or...heaven help me...El Paso. Someplace warmer than here.

btw, this thread title is the funniest thing on Gopherhole in a long time

Much like here.

Syracuse has a way bigger bitch about opponent’s quality than we do. They have a much better history over the past few decades than we do.

Last 20 seasons:
Minnesota is 130-117 (0.526), 14 bowl appearances
Syracuse is 97-145 (0.401), 5 bowl appearances.
Gophers 3-2 all-time vs Syracuse.

Not sure what you're talking about, unless you're talking basketball, not football.

Don’t acknowledge their arrogance and lack of knowledge. Remember, they play in a basketball arena that doesn’t have air conditioning but is named after a heating and air company.

We’ll see who both teams have for personnel. We’re built for power and they’ll feel it it. We’ll leave the big apple with another win. SU will leave arrogant yet humiliated talking about Donovan McNab

My issue wasn't with Syracuse.... But now it is.

We were complaining about the bowl game placement and not the quality of opponent, they then decide to make it personal.

Goldy > Otto the Orange every day of the week

Gophers by a million, Mo rushes for over 200+ and Athan 300+ yards in the air, no mercy

My issue wasn't with Syracuse.... But now it is.

We were complaining about the bowl game placement and not the quality of opponent, they then decide to make it personal.

Goldy > Otto the Orange every day of the week

Gophers by a million, Mo rushes for over 200+ and Athan 300+ yards in the air, no mercy

I looked it up: Syracuse is 10th of 14 teams in the ACC in rushing defense. They are second in passing defense.

Fleck will therefore choose to pound them to obliteration with Mo... and Gopher fans will complain about it.

Nothing like being frozen in for 6 months but then you win a chance to go to NYC. How can you not get excited?

Last 20 seasons:
Minnesota is 130-117 (0.526), 14 bowl appearances
Syracuse is 97-145 (0.401), 5 bowl appearances.
Gophers 3-2 all-time vs Syracuse.

Not sure what you're talking about, unless you're talking basketball, not football.

Neither is he.

Top Bottom