Suspended players will NOT be charged!

I'm glad that these four families of African-American student athletes could avoid a mother's worst nightmare while the victim's mother is living hers with these players not being charged for their actions done to her own daughter. Just because something cannot be proved to the court's high standard, does not mean that nothing happened. Just something to consider.

I'm glad that these four families of African-American student athletes could avoid a mother's worst nightmare while the victim's mother is living hers with these players not being charged for their actions done to her own daughter. Just because something cannot be proved to the court's high standard, does not mean that nothing happened. Just something to consider.

Nor does it mean anything criminal did happen. Since this is your first post it's hard to believe you're doing anything but pushing an agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does one get investigated for sexual assault when you are not breaking team rules or conduct? All of the athletes, particularly football players are told over and over the consequences of certain situations. Follow the rules and this will not happen to you. Nobody knows the details except for those involved and those who are informed by law enforcement and the county attorney. Just because there are no charges does not mean everything is fine, still may continue to be punished for breaking team rules. Maybe they are back or maybe the lesson continues. The real thing is that all involved learn a lesson and avoid future issues.

How does one get investigated for sexual assault when you are not breaking team rules or conduct? All of the athletes, particularly football players are told over and over the consequences of certain situations. Follow the rules and this will not happen to you. Nobody knows the details except for those involved and those who are informed by law enforcement and the county attorney. Just because there are no charges does not mean everything is fine, still may continue to be punished for breaking team rules. Maybe they are back or maybe the lesson continues. The real thing is that all involved learn a lesson and avoid future issues.

You don't think 3 weeks is enough after they've been exonerated? They were first put on the dartboard by the local newspapers who give joy in hyping the possibility of a wrong doing. Then the local TV stations put their bullet material on. Throw that in with wrath of their parents who I'm sure made a very clear point of not using good judgement. Nothing like squeezing blood out of a turnip.

Now that the law has spoken the longer this goes unresolved the less likely any of these four remain at Minnesota. Have a hard time believing that a parent would happily send their kid back into that situation.

When will they start playing again? Our secondary needs all the help it can get.

Now that the law has spoken the longer this goes unresolved the less likely any of these four remain at Minnesota. Have a hard time believing that a parent would happily send their kid back into that situation.

If it's a title IX issue, wouldn't this same scenario play out at just about every other school? I know there are some schools that bend rules, but I'm guessing most tend to follow them.

You don't think 3 weeks is enough after they've been exonerated? They were first put on the dartboard by the local newspapers who give joy in hyping the possibility of a wrong doing. Then the local TV stations put their bullet material on. Throw that in with wrath of their parents who I'm sure made a very clear point of not using good judgement. Nothing like squeezing blood out of a turnip.

Depends on what the rules the coaching staff has set and if they acknowledged such rules when they got here. I do agree they have been through enough and legally, they are cleared of wrong doing. Still has nothing to do with what the team rules are. Hopefully it is the end of this ordeal and they are given another chance to follow the rules.

Every school handles Title IX differently and may or may not have rational people handling the investigations. It's abundantly clear that for many people allegations = proof which is awfully scary. Then it becomes a matter of fitting and collating the facts to support the narrative. Zealotry 101. Keep in mind none of this was mandated until 2011 and it was a political push. The school administrators may or may not agree with the tactics but there is money on the line so they have to toe the line and are terrified of potential institutional witch hunts. There is some push back going on, both from faculty (from all political stripes) and students around the country vs the coercion and methods. The administrators are administrating.

Dear Barn Boy,

Hopefully they play Saturday. Our secondary needs some "gang" tacklers.

Seriously, U of M athletes, no more gangbangs. Not worth it.

And some guy even went so far as to say the U shouldn't be recruiting kids from Detroit because ... well, I'm sure you know.

Three males and one female in a sexual encounter.
Some question as to the female's ability to give consent. The DA finds that there is not enough evidence to press charges.
That does not mean there was no evidence.
The reputation of the U is more important than how well the defense plays.
Hutton is just an att'y and nothing more. Playing sports at the U is a privilege not a right.
The players put themselves in this situation.

Some question as to the female's ability to give consent. The DA finds that there is not enough evidence to press charges.
Hutton is just an att'y and nothing more. Playing sports at the U is a privilege not a right.

The consent issue is contrived to fit a preconceived narrative. Do you normally treat women like small children, unable to exercise free agency of their own accord? Women become helpless imbeciles after a drop of alcohol?

You are playing thought games with people's lives. These are serious allegations which demand real evidence.

As a doc I'm sure you appreciate the ability to defend yourself and clear your reputation vs baseless allegations of malpractice? You would demand some proof of harm? Of negligence? Or just take the plaintiffs word for it.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Three athletes??? Weren't there four suspended??? Why was the fourth one suspended??? Did someone want him to leave??

Nor does it mean anything criminal did happen. Since this is your first post it's hard to believe you're doing anything but pushing an agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would it matter if this is my first post or not? I've been reading the forum for years and have been fine staying on that side until now. The whole point of these threads are people trying to push an agenda or stimulate conversation. I am allowed to post my opinion to contribute. I'm not sorry that because my opinion differs from yours that it is automatically deemed as irrelevant to you.

Read between the (well advised) PC lines.... If needed or desired, they WILL play.

Playing sports at the U is a privilege not a right.

I think these are the best statements in this thread.

So, I have a legitimate question on the (potential) Title IX investigation - wouldn't the victim have to agree to participate and release the evidence to the U? Otherwise how do they proceed? I'm assuming the evidence MPD collected is not public. I'm assuming the players sign something when they accept a scholarship that grants the U the right to see any police investigation but in a case where there is a victim, I'd assume she retain the right to privacy, right?

In fact, can the U even find out who she is without violating her right to privacy? Do the cops ask her to contact the U or if they can pass her contact info along?

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to say the players were in the right or in the wrong. I really just am wondering how, besides just asking the players what happened, they could proceed.

I have no inside knowledge whether the victim was willing to participate or not in this case, I just got to wondering.

As a doc I'm sure you appreciate the ability to defend yourself and clear your reputation vs baseless allegations of malpractice? You would demand some proof of harm? Of negligence? Or just take the plaintiffs word for it.

He shouldn't have put himself in the situation to be wrongfully accused of malpractice and has only himself to blame.

/s

So, I have a legitimate question on the (potential) Title IX investigation - wouldn't the victim have to agree to participate and release the evidence to the U? Otherwise how do they proceed? I'm assuming the evidence MPD collected is not public. I'm assuming the players sign something when they accept a scholarship that grants the U the right to see any police investigation but in a case where there is a victim, I'd assume she retain the right to privacy, right?

In fact, can the U even find out who she is without violating her right to privacy? Do the cops ask her to contact the U or if they can pass her contact info along?

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to say the players were in the right or in the wrong. I really just am wondering how, besides just asking the players what happened, they could proceed.

I have no inside knowledge whether the victim was willing to participate or not in this case, I just got to wondering.

The fact that this went on so long indicates the victim is alleging something.

I couldn't disagree more with the writer who felt that the university 's reputation is more important than the individual student/ athlete getting justice. Innocent until proven guilty is still the mantra, even for an athlete. For the university to imply that the players might have been involved with narfarious acts, so therefore they can't represent the school on the football field is beyond the pale. This spells lawsuit all over it. And there will be no winners. Perhaps some leadership out of the AD office and university president would help.

Read between the (well advised) PC lines.... If needed or desired, they WILL play.

Not sure that means that exactly.

I think they might be awaiting if the university has its own disciplinary options it might use. Right or wrong that might be the concern. Tracy shouldn't have anything to do with that so he wouldn't be sure where it is going.

I couldn't disagree more with the writer who felt that the university 's reputation is more important than the individual student/ athlete getting justice. Innocent until proven guilty is still the mantra, even for an athlete. For the university to imply that the players might have been involved with narfarious acts, so therefore they can't represent the school on the football field is beyond the pale. This spells lawsuit all over it. And there will be no winners. Perhaps some leadership out of the AD office and university president would help.

I think having parallel justice systems for criminal matters is absurd.

Having said that NO AD OR PRESIDENT CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Title IX requires them to take actions regarding these things. It's terrible, it's wrong, it's stupid..... but they can't opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post

Not sure that means that exactly.

I think they might be awaiting if the university has its own disciplinary options it might use. Right or wrong that might be the concern. Tracy shouldn't have anything to do with that so he wouldn't be sure where it is going.

My thoughts are, that if the University was going to take further action, the players would not have been cleared for practice. And as cautious as Coach Claeys had been in discussing the matter to this point, he would not be indicating that they are day to day as far as game play goes.

Top Bottom