Suspended players will NOT be charged!

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's start the betting pool: the suspended players will be reinstated ________________________.

The statement from the player's attorney is interesting.

The coach and the department had no choice but to suspend them the players because of the accusations and had to let the due process part of the criminal justice system play out. It's apart of team rules and the code of conduct they get as scholarship athletes at any University to not be accused of crimes even if it ends up being a non-chargeable offense or wrongfully accused. Feel bad for the players, but what else was the coach supposed to due with all of the scrutiny Baylor(We are not like the Baylor situation) and other Universities have undergone.
Unfortunate that the press went to great lengths to report this like it was a major problem just like Fox 9 news tried to drum up last year.
Sucks that this thing had to be dragged throug the mud.

The statement from the player's attorney is interesting.

Yeah, that statement pretty clearly implies that the attorney at least is trying to imply strongly that race was a major factor in the way the case was handled.

Glad the players won't be charged, will be very surprised if they are not reinstated.

Well hopefully they're clean able get on field

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

If they aren't on the field tomorrow, then this is ridiculous.

The U did the right thing by suspending them until the process was finished. It's frustrating that the process is so painfully slow though.

But now that they did nothing wrong, get them on the field and back in shape. No excuse to drag it out any longer.

This could get ugly. Facts have been slim but what we know is the police sent this to the Attorney's Office so there is some direct accusation against one or more of the players- all four likely. Now it sounds like the lawyer (L Hutton) is ready to make this about race if they don't get reinstated. University is going to be very cautious especially if the details behind the case include accusation of sex assault assault against a U student.

Very happy to hear they've been cleared, but excuse me Mr. Hutton, it would be any mother's worst nightmare, not just those of African-American boys.

Yeah, that statement pretty clearly implies that the attorney at least is trying to imply strongly that race was a major factor in the way the case was handled.

Glad the players won't be charged, will be very surprised if they are not reinstated.

Yeah, white players would not have been suspended. Give me a break.

A thing can only be inequitable by comparison. I'd like to know what F. Lee Hutton is comparing this instance to.

I'm also curious to know what the players may have admitted to which may pose a moral or ethical problem, even if it isn't illegal.

If they're not on the field practicing tomorrow I hope Hutton reigns fire down on the U.

The U did the right thing by suspending them until the process was finished. It's frustrating that the process is so painfully slow though.

But now that they did nothing wrong, get them on the field and back in shape. No excuse to drag it out any longer.

If this is anything like the Reggie Lynch situation (I don't believe he was charged either) the U may do it's own investigation. If that is the case the players may still not see the field for a while.

Even a liberal institution like the U has to recognize, innocent till proven guilty. Let them play , providing they want to represent the institution and coaching staff that didn't believe them.

Very happy to hear they've been cleared, but excuse me Mr. Hutton, it would be any mother's worst nightmare, not just those of African-American boys.

Unless your son is a white Stanford swimmer

Tweets saying they are expected to practice tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three guys and one girl who may or may not have been in a state of mind to give consent to sex.
Claeys did absolutely the correct thing to suspend them.
It is his choice and that of the AD when they are allowed back on the team.
So how is Mr Hutton planning on restoring their reputations?
He had better be cautious or his clients may face a civil suit if he suggests the girl is a slut and she and her parents get more angry.
He is just applying pressure on the U to allow them back on the team.

From everything I've read and heard, this ^

Burns just tweeted it sounds like they'll be on the field tomorrow.

Even a liberal institution like the U has to recognize, innocent till proven guilty. Let them play , providing they want to represent the institution and coaching staff that didn't believe them.
I have 0 issue with how u handed this. More important things than football. There not evidence to convict, that doesn't mean they didn't do anything. At very least poor judgement was used. I think reinstating them is right thing to do.

I hope they are truly innocent

Tracy is coaching for his career this season. Fairly or not.

They will be on the field tomorrow.

Courts of justice and public opinion aside, how is the from a football standpoint? Expect some rust? Even with rust, better than the options we had vs. Penn State? Thoughts?

Top Bottom