STrib: What if the Gophers played North Dakota State?

They don’t have to do either. They can focus on Summit League sports, with non scholarship Pioneer football. Hockey is too expensive and will be a distraction for them. They’ll lose a ton of games unless they commit to budgets at the level of St Cloud Mankato etc.

In hockey, can you not commit and even have DI hockey? I agree, football in the pioneer and focus on Summit sports. In UST’s case, they have a lot of sports and some will be on the chopping block.

Well, the NCHC is elitist and is t going to invite UST. The WCHA is now becoming the CCHA so it can get away from the Alaskas, but I don’t think those are non-scholarship.

Well, the NCHC is elitist and is t going to invite UST. The WCHA is now becoming the CCHA so it can get away from the Alaskas, but I don’t think those are non-scholarship.
The B1G is calling the NCHC elitist? That’s rich. The only way the NCHC would be more elitist than the B1G is if winning pct counts. UST would have to spent some money even to join the non-elitist CCHA.

The B1G is calling the NCHC elitist? That’s rich. The only way the NCHC would be more elitist than the B1G is if winning pct counts. UST would have to spent some money even to join the non-elitist CCHA.
No, the NCHC is elitist from the point of view of current WCHA (and future CCHA) teams. That was and still is the relevant context with regards to UST’s possible DI hockey teams.

Yes, as I said, they’d need to spend like Mankato does to get CCHA interest. My opinion is that would be a big money drain and distraction.

No, the NCHC is elitist from the point of view of current WCHA (and future CCHA) teams. That was and still is the relevant context with regards to UST’s possible DI hockey teams.

Yes, as I said, they’d need to spend like Mankato does to get CCHA interest. My opinion is that would be a big money drain and distraction.
And the B1G is elitist from the point of view of the current NCHC. That was my relevant context for you related to your use term elitist.

Hard to argue with what the nchc is doing. It is working, they are winning, and they have elevated the top of the conf, multiple teams. I’m sure Mankato will join them at some point.

Last edited:

And the B1G is elitist from the point of view of the current NCHC. That was my relevant context for you related to your use term elitist.
Wasn’t relevant in the slightest. Please stay on topic regarding UST.

Top Bottom