STrib update: U leaders called to special meeting Tuesday to discuss Claeys' future

Hard to imagine her attorney would do it.

Maybe, but all indications were from the protective order thing, she was really moving on.

Why would it be hard to imagine her attorney would do it? I think it is a favorable report for her. I get that it seemed like she was moving on, but before the report was released, all we had was the police report and a football team essentially saying that the investigation to suspend the players was a sham. In the court of public opinion, it helped her.

Well the media has been all over "Tracy Claeys future uncertain" for a while now and the folks in charge have done nothing to deal with it....

They could have just said "Tracy is our guy going forward, we'll deal with contract and other details later".... but nope.

They could have, but with the political climate out there it "wouldn't be prudent". Just imagine what would have happened if they announced it right after the Wisconsin game? "We want him gone! He can't even beat Wisconsin! He's fat!"

Or if they did it right after the Holiday Bowl game? "They don't care about that insidious tweet! All you have to do is win and everything goes away! He's fat!"

Or if may have had to wait until after the Cotton Bowl game to hire Fleck. "Good. See we got rid go that fat devil!" Though they'd also get "Fleck? Winning won't make us overlook HIS past either!"

They had to wait awhile. Sure there will be a furor either way, but announcing that Claeys was "their guy" earlier than this would have only made things worse.

They could have, but with the political climate out there it "wouldn't be prudent". Just imagine what would have happened if they announced it right after the Wisconsin game? "We want him gone! He can't even beat Wisconsin! He's fat!"

Or if they did it right after the Holiday Bowl game? "They don't care about that insidious tweet! All you have to do is win and everything goes away! He's fat!"

Or if may have had to wait until after the Cotton Bowl game to hire Fleck. "Good. See we got rid go that fat devil!" Though they'd also get "Fleck? Winning won't make us overlook HIS past either!"

They had to wait awhile. Sure there will be a furor either way, but announcing that Claeys was "their guy" earlier than this would have only made things worse.

I think waiting just stirs it up and drags it out. When they make a call it's not gonna be any less what it is..

Why would it be hard to imagine her attorney would do it? I think it is a favorable report for her. I get that it seemed like she was moving on, but before the report was released, all we had was the police report and a football team essentially saying that the investigation to suspend the players was a sham. In the court of public opinion, it helped her.

I don't think putting out the details on her voluntary and nonvoluntary sex life is "good" for her.

She doesn't get anything out of it except everyone knows.... that.

I don't think putting out the details on her voluntary and nonvoluntary sex life is "good" for her.

She doesn't get anything out of it except everyone knows.... that.

No, I agree. But that was already out. More was going to come out too. This way, they get to put their side of the story out first and control the media reaction.

In general, I agree, this wasn't great for her. However, at the point when the report was released, all of this stuff was already coming out.

They will name a sixteen member committee to decide on the make up of a fifty member committee that will study the situation and make a recommendation by summer.

Haha! So true. What a leadership vacuum!

Top Bottom