STrib: Johnson had the only Big Ten team with three freshmen averaging at least 20 minutes per game in the first 11 games.

(1) Yet, here you are complaining again. What's your plan to stop people from complaining?

(2) Did anyone ask you to fix our problem?

(3) I DGAF how serious you take my opinions of the Gopher basketball team and I DGAF about your opinions. You care deeply about everyone's opinion. You care enough to complain about their opinions non-stop. So maybe this is where you got it wrong, I am merely giving my opinion on Gopher sports on a Gopher message board, I don't care how serious you take that opinion.

(4) As far as my plan, I plan on watching the Gophers and saying things I like when I like them and things I don't like when I don't like them - - you know, how just about every single fan of a sports team treats their team.
1 Not sure how asking "what the plan is" - is complaining
2 ...a little thin skinned for the side that spends their time throwing stones. I am a fan, no more, no less.
3 I like alot of your opinions here along with a bunch of other people including the negative people - 666, wet blanket, cf, spaulding. Good stuff and part of the reason I keep coming back after 25+ years. You guys can be very vocal but make no mistake - there is a wealth of knowledge here on the hole that does not post much.
4 Feel free to continue how you see fit. I have no issue but if ya'll get into the Charlie Brown mood and are throwing a pity party expect people to make fun of it (like, for example, tonight could be a really tough game). It really is funny - how can we not make fun when you put yourself into a cartoonish character?

If you guys are really serious about sending a message then lets get a communication campaign going to hit up all of the relevant people at the U to let them know we believe they have done a really poor job of managing the basketball program, have more often than not made the wrong choice in regard to the program, thrown the players and fans under the bus at the first sign of trouble and generally abused the loyal fans some of which have been following this for 50 years. I guarantee that if all of the most negative people put their thoughts down in a physical letter and email, stamped it, and fired it off to the board, president and athletic deparment each week we would get a response. They would be very aware that people are pissed.

None of those leaders are on this forum on a regular basis - if ever.

These are all the same guys that were complaining for years under Pitino even as we were headed to the round of 32 in 2019. If we were heading into our second final four in a row they would be complaining about the coach. They are not wrong about many topics we are discussing but complaining here is just unpaid therapy for them (after all, therapy can be expensive).

My advice is to not wait - make fun of them now.
At the conclusion of the 2018-19 season, Pitino had compiled a record of 40-70 in conference play with finishes of 7th, T-10th, 13th, 4th, T-11th and 7th. They were not competitive in losing by 20 to Michigan State in the Round of 32.

In the 2 years following that tournament "run", Pitino had a combined overall record of 29-31. His teams finished 12th and 13th with a combined record of 14-26 in conference play. He completed his Minnesota tenure 42 games below .500 in conference play and finished 7th or worse in the standings in 7 of his 8 years (5 double digit finishes). Safe to say those "complainers" were absolutely correct.

At the conclusion of the 2018-19 season, Pitino had compiled a record of 40-70 in conference play with finishes of 7th, T-10th, 13th, 4th, T-11th and 7th. They were not competitive in losing by 20 to Michigan State in the Round of 32.

In the 2 years following that tournament "run", Pitino had a combined overall record of 29-31. His teams finished 12th and 13th with a combined record of 14-26 in conference play. He completed his Minnesota tenure 42 games below .500 in conference play and finished 7th or worse in the standings in 7 of his 8 years (5 double digit finishes). Safe to say those "complainers" were absolutely correct.

Correct. Pitino needing to go. Gophers needed a fresh start. Whether Ben Johnson is the answer on not is yet to be seen. But he's bringing in talent. I'd expect this team to be quite a bit better next year.

three freshmen averaging at least 20 minutes per game​

We need to give this team rebuilding process some time. What matters is the payoff at the end. Right now the team is 1/4 of the way there.

I really don't care what the record is this year as long as the team gets rebuilt and good by year 3.

Play the young players so they learn. Winning now means nothing. Work now to win at year 3.
I have the Big10 tournament in my sights.

After yesterday's game looks like Carrington is at 24.3, Payne is at 21.2, Henley is at 19.0 and Ola-Joseph is at 18.1
Never do this because it very seldom goes this way....but
200 minutes
Say Carrington and Payne go about 25 each next year= 50
Henley and Ola-Joseph 20 each= 40
Christie and Evans 15 each= 30
Betts 10
130 minutes for 7 players with 70 left over.
Obviously skewed because Christie or Payne, maybe Evans garners more minutes, who knows?
Guess I have no idea what he is going to do next year. That's a lot of minutes eaten up and don't think it's greedy estimation on minutes taken by any player. Is he painting himself into a corner?

As long as you and menno are on the job, the Mn bb team will no doubt win the ncaa by 2045.
And you seem to be expecting the MN BB team to win the NCAA this year.

Top Bottom