STrib: Going deep on Gophers football 'mystery' offense

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
“He’s going to spread you out, make sure you cover those receivers, and if you don’t, he’ll dink and dunk [with short passes] all day,” Broussard said. “He’ll throw the bubble [screen], throw the hitch.

“If you cover the receivers, it’s easier to run because there’s less guys in the box. And when you overcommit [to the run], he’s going to go play action and go for a home run. He’ll take his chances. He’s going to try to hit you deep a few times.”

http://www.startribune.com/going-deep-on-gophers-football-mystery-offense/391509631/

Heck, yeh!

Oregon State has to be wondering what to expect after reading this article.

Sounds good, but it has to fall in place and the guys have to make it happen.

Did I read "bubble screen." Apparently it is not against the law in Minnesota. I have to say that I do not miss Limey. Nevertheless, I wish him all the luck at psu (except when we play them). That will make for am interesting back story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can not wait for Thursday to get a preview of the season. A mean and nasty OL needs to establish a run to stack the box. Then Katy bar the doors. We have an offense!

"Every year, we had to have the backup ready because we'd run the QB, and he'd get nicked up," Broussard said.

But Claeys thought the Gophers were too predictable, with a strong tendency to run with two running backs on the field and pass when they were in "11 personnel" — one running back, one tight end and three receivers.

"If you're going to get into that type of personnel — which everybody uses to spread the field — it can't just be to pass the ball all the time," Claeys said.

It's harder to break big running plays from a two-back set, since that formation usually draws more defenders into the box — between the tackles, close to the line of scrimmage.

"But when you spread the field, and [opponents] make a mistake, it's going to get a lot of yards," Claeys said.

Run, block, tackle, no penalties.

The only gameplan that will ever work here.

Whoa Nellie ! here men. The scrimmage the BTN attended only produced a score inside the 25 .
. As the best President this country ever had once said: " Don't put the cart before the jackass"....Harry S. Truman

Whoa Nellie ! here men. The scrimmage the BTN attended only produced a score inside the 25 .
. As the best President this country ever had once said: " Don't put the cart before the jackass"....Harry S. Truman
What are the chances that, with outsiders present, they where concealing their new offense as much as possible? It's prety easy to play defense when the offense is limited.

A standout D against an O they practice against every day.

Pretty sure we said all these things the past few years too. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom