Strib All Metro Team and State Tourney preview

If by "at least 4 classes" you mean 3 classes then you would be correct. There is AA, A and B and has been that way since the mid-80's.

You're right that there are not many teams in AA because there just aren't that many larger cities. But those schools are huge compared to the other classes. The AA tournament has never been very popular because it's pretty easy to make the state tournament. In Class B you still have to win about 5 games to make the state tournament. Now, as smaller schools fold up and there are more and more co-ops, even that is becoming easier unfortunately. The B tourney is still pretty popular. A bar in Aberdeen just got busted for running numbers on the Class B tournament.

I was mistaken. It seemed like more. I went to the B tournament at Northern one year. It was OK. Yes, it's mainly the AA tournaments (in all sports) that are a joke. But I guess there really isn't anything they can do about it. It's the same way in Nebraska, ND, etc.

will coleman become a top recruit in the country? And does Tyler have any d1 offers?

Coleman.. top recruit? No. But, could play high-major ball. I like the pedigree.

Tyler.. a Sweet Sixteen school offered him but awhile ago.. perhaps before the Jevon Lyle commit? Not sure where it stands

I do not think Coleman will be a top recruit unless he has a big growth spurt. I went to the Hopkins-Tonka game, and to me, the most impressive player on the court was Siyani Chambers. He was doing everything out there. Played great D, ran the offense, wonderful passer, knocked down shots, and is only a sophomore. HIGHLY recommend going to see him play.

Coleman did some damage around the basket and had a couple nice dunks. I don't know if it was just an off day or something. The main issue with him is his size. He is listed at 6'3. If he grew a couple more inches he could be a top prospect. If he stays where he is at, he is pretty much a SF in SG's body. He needs a ton of work on his jump shot/handles. He is talented and athletic, but too raw right now to be considered a "top prospect".

JMHO....

Pretty much this, I dont think he needs a growth spurt but if he can improve his jump shot and handles he could be a really good player.

I do not think Coleman will be a top recruit unless he has a big growth spurt. I went to the Hopkins-Tonka game, and to me, the most impressive player on the court was Siyani Chambers. He was doing everything out there. Played great D, ran the offense, wonderful passer, knocked down shots, and is only a sophomore. HIGHLY recommend going to see him play.

Coleman did some damage around the basket and had a couple nice dunks. I don't know if it was just an off day or something. The main issue with him is his size. He is listed at 6'3. If he grew a couple more inches he could be a top prospect. If he stays where he is at, he is pretty much a SF in SG's body. He needs a ton of work on his jump shot/handles. He is talented and athletic, but too raw right now to be considered a "top prospect".

JMHO....

Okay that was a painful summary of both players. Chambers is about 5'8 I'll bet flat footed. He's quick but his jump shot is lacking. He does run the team well but at his size and he appears to physically maturing, it could be a struggle.

Coleman? I'd pay to see this kid play. He needs to work on his handle a bit but his jump shot is improving and with his size that'll be the key. The kid can get to the rim with anyone. He is the player with most upside on Hopkins and it's not that close. I see him as a 2 or 3 at the next level.

As far as both kids, teams "game plan" for Coleman. That's not to say Chambers isn't a top 5 pg in the state right now. Coleman is a top player in the state.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recr...&status=null&toggle=null&pos=null&season=2010

Class of 2010 (Prospects - All Positions - MN - All Statuses)

Jacob Thomas SG 6'4" 190 Columbia Heights H.S. SG #32 93 Signed Long Beach State
Kevin Noreen PF 6'10" 190 Minnesota Transitions PF #34 92 Signed Boston College
Jordair Jett PG 6'2" 200 Notre Dame Prep (MA) PG #43 90 Undeclared View Schools
Cole Stefan SG 6'3" 180 Minnetonka H.S. (MN) SG #53 90 Undeclared View Schools
Chad Calcaterra C 6'10" 220 Cloquet H.S. (MN) C #27 89 Signed Colorado State
Alec Brown C 7'0" 205 Winona H.S. (MN) C #30 89 Undeclared View Schools

Class of 2011 (Prospects - All Positions - MN - All Statuses)

Joe Coleman SG 6'3" 180 Hopkins H.S. (MN) SG #22 93 Undeclared View Schools
Shelby Moats PF 6'9" 225 Waconia H.S. (MN) PF #17 92 Undeclared View Schools
Ross Travis SF 6'7" 195 Chaska H.S. (MN) SF #24 92 Undeclared View Schools
Jonah Travis SF 6'6" 215 De La Salle H.S. (MN) SF #32 90 Undeclared View Schools
Tom Schalk PF 6'7" 190 Apple Valley H.S. (MN) PF #44 89 Undeclared View Schools

They just had an interview between games with AV head coach, Tom Schalk & Tyus Jones, a lot of people want to watch them in state next year.

Estan Tyler his some big 3's when it counted, I think Winona was up 1 when he drilled his first. Reminds me a little of Bryant Allen the way he moves with and w/out the ball.

Jordair Jett, 6'2" 200lbs, scout grade of 90... they must have just re-evaluated, I thought he was at 87 previously.

They just had an interview between games with AV head coach, Tom Schalk & Tyus Jones, a lot of people want to watch them in state next year. QUOTE]

Well they'd better get to work cuz Lakeville South is going to a tough out next year and Apple Valley will be a two (albeit very good) two man show.

Agree 100% with all of the bashing going on here. The boys state tourney was ruined when they wen to 4 classes. How can you even keep track of when games are on anymore? Teams only have to win 2 games to get to state. The first round can't even be on TV. The best teams often don't get a chance to play each other because they're in different classes. But hey - everyone is a winner, right?

Agreed, with so many classes It is entirely too easy to win State. Winning State does not mean much anymore (and my Alma Mater girls team won state this year) Go back to 2 classes

Top Bottom