Strength and Conditioning Coaches

Johnob2

Reaction score
Just wanting to post warm wishes to Coaches Klein and Pearson who I understand from Twitter are moving on to pastures new.

I personally feel they did a really good solid job in getting our kids bigger, stronger and more physically suited to competing in the B1G in the time since Coach Kill first took over.

When I first became a Gopher fan (a bit of a novelty initially as an Englishman supporting College Football) I was really impressed that Coach Pearson spent time giving me a bit of advice (I was a Colt Rugby coach - 17-18 year olds - at the time) on developing suitable programmes for youth players. Coach Pearson always struck me as a really 'strong morals' sort of coach not only encouraging dedicated work ethic but also family values.

I understand Coach Klein is taking over at UConn and Coach Pearson at UTChat?

Wishing them both the very best of luck.

Does in look as though Coach Fleck will replace them with Western Michigan guys or has there not been an announcement yet?

Good luck to them.

Heard these are the new S&C coaches...:p

<div itemprop="video" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"><iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/guid/2410887629/4fee0aaf4bb9af447007cfe99bfa3506" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe></div>

Does in look as though Coach Fleck will replace them with Western Michigan guys or has there not been an announcement yet?
There were reports in MI that the WMU SC coaches resigned, presumably to come here.

There were reports in MI that the WMU SC coaches resigned, presumably to come here.

Wow, I think I'm going to go out and pound some iron. Err, maybe first I sit down and have one of my 5 meals. Yeah, that's it, then for sure I'll go do some lifting. Well, maybe rest instead because I'll have another meal coming up soon.

Welcome Mr. Flintstone to your new quarry.

RTB Ski-U-Mah.

I was hoping for Hans and Franz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish I had been impressed with the video coverage of WMU. Expect more more from a B1G team than they showed there.

It seems the former staff is starting to find landing spots, first the Offensive GA and Quality Assurance guys find Kansas Juco jobs now the Strength Coaches. I hoping for more good news soon.

I bet right now they wish Fleck would have been available to take the job. I can't imagine the NCAA taking that lightly.

Well Iowa had a much worse incident involving many more players being hospitalized and the strength coach is not only still at Iowa, but one of the highest paid in the nation. I can't even imagine how an incident like this would be covered at Minnesota.

Wow, I think I'm going to go out and pound some iron. Err, maybe first I sit down and have one of my 5 meals. Yeah, that's it, then for sure I'll go do some lifting. Well, maybe rest instead because I'll have another meal coming up soon.

Will there be a Gopher Beach and where will it be??

Well Iowa had a much worse incident involving many more players being hospitalized and the strength coach is not only still at Iowa, but one of the highest paid in the nation. I can't even imagine how an incident like this would be covered at Minnesota.

I think he was awarded "assistant coach of the year" by Ferentz later that year too.

Kill said for years that Klein was the best S&C in the nation. So whomever we hire now seemingly will be a step down.

Kill said for years that Klein was the best S&C in the nation. So whomever we hire now seemingly will be a step down.

Yeah but we're going from best to elite.... I think that's an upgrade

The Iowa incident was 6 years ago (and I believe the first of its kind) so I'm assuming the ncaa viewpoint would be more harsh now. I think they should reduce Iowa to 5 scholarships per year starting this year.

I would hope it would lead to a new SC coach. This is unacceptable.

There has to be more to the incident than just this:

"The military-style workout, which reportedly required players to complete one hour of continuous push-ups and up-downs, among other things"

That is what a program like p-90x (over an hour of continuous intervals with short rest periods) or basic training can be like. For whatever reason the players were pushed too far too fast and were probably out of shape after no bowl and Christmas break. Nobody can do "continuous" anaerobic exercise anyway. Unacceptable if this was directly supervised by a coach.

Top Bottom