Still waiting for that "first round pick potential" in Leidner...

bruster

Reaction score
Hard to be optimistic he will ever get to an average B1G QB when Tim Tebow can throw a better spiral.

Spiral Talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played well outside the pick. Couple times you can't tell if receivers were off or is he put ball in wrong spot. Of every position on field QB and RB are only non-issues

Hard to be optimistic he will ever get to an average B1G QB when Tim Tebow can throw a better spiral.

The first round NFL stuff was stupid and borne mostly from the fact that the senior QB class this year is extremely weak. That said Leidner is not the problem with this team right now and he absolutely is at least an average BIG QB.

The first round NFL stuff was stupid and borne mostly from the fact that the senior QB class this year is extremely weak. That said Leidner is not the problem with this team right now and he absolutely is at least an average BIG QB.

agreed. he is not the problem right now, nor are the wrs which is where we thought the glaring weakness would be.

He is a huge part of the problem. He is always late to get the ball out, he is slow, has zero mobility and doesn't get us in the right calls often enough. He has frustrated me for 33 games now.

He is a huge part of the problem. He is always late to get the ball out, he is slow, has zero mobility and doesn't get us in the right calls often enough. He has frustrated me for 33 games now.

Our special today is a wonderful seared hyperbole fillet.

Do you even watch the games? Zero mobility? Good God man, he has the most rushing TDs by a QB in school history. He's been the best player overall this year by far and arguing that he's part of the problem is pushing an agenda and not dealing in reality.

the first round draft pick stuff was always hilarious......Weber was ten times the passer Leidner is/ever will be, and Adam never really made it at the next level....Mitch will probably get some FA workouts with a few NFL teams but I would be shocked if anyone signs him.

I never saw it with Mitch.
Of the last 12 starting QB's this program has had, he ranks bottom two IMO.

Agreed. On the whole, Leidner was pretty good yesterday. He just made a bad decision at a very bad time. First rounder? No, but if he plays the rest of the season like he has so far, he will be drafted and get a serious look. Offensively, this team has played pretty well all year. If you told me before the game that we would gain almost 500 yards at Penn State and lose I would have doubted that.

Blaming leidner is ridiculous

Blaming leidner is ridiculous

Agree. The only problem I have with Mitch is he almost always throws the ball high where the receiver has to leap to make the catch. Many a time if he would throw in on the numbers the receiver would've picked up extra yardage.

They say college football games are decided by 'big plays'.

Their QB made more big plays than our 5th year QB.

They say college football games are decided by 'big plays'.

Their QB made more big plays than our 5th year QB.

well considering their scheme was "chuck it deep and hope for good things", we had pass rushers playing patty cake, and our DBs looked like children lost in the grocery store all day, this is not surprising

upnorthkid;1254577[B said:
]well considering their scheme was "chuck it deep and hope for good things[/B]", we had pass rushers playing patty cake, and our DBs looked like children lost in the grocery store all day, this is not surprising

Looked more like making the most of a broken play than a 'scheme'.

This is my favorite thread yet. ML7 is what he is. Anyone who thought there would be some magical change up or down in his performance after 4-years or because he appeared on some NFL draft list was just wishful thinking. He will still have very good games this year (like INstate) and bad games (like OR state). He was #33 on the list of why we lost yesterday. We can ride the highs and lows with the "told you so crowd" on both ends of the ML7 spectrum or we can focus on the real issues - penalties, defense, and whatever the hell that 3rd Quarter yesterday was.

Leidner has a slow release and he's inconsistent, but Trevor Siemian is at the controls of the Denver Broncos and he wasn't as good a college QB as Leidner. I never thought Leidner was a first-round pick, but he'll probably get drafted and who knows what might happen when he gets pro instruction.

I think people are going to appreciate Leidner a lot more when next season rolls around.

I think people are going to appreciate Leidner a lot more when next season rolls around.

Seeing the change in him in 10 months under Johnson, I'm excited to see what others can do next year. The other option are more talented. I like what I see out of Johnson's offense so far.

When is the last time one of our WRs got open like PSU's did yesterday? Or when we had a WR break a tackle and score a long TD?

Mitch is what he is. A slightly above average B1G QB. He doesn't make the top 10 list of why we lost yesterday.

Do you even watch the games? Zero mobility? Good God man, he has the most rushing TDs by a QB in school history. He's been the best player overall this year by far and arguing that he's part of the problem is pushing an agenda and not dealing in reality.

Yes, I watch every game in great detail. Just because he runs the QB read and scores on that play doesn't make him a great runner. Mitch has improved in that he throws the ball away when under pressure better than he has in the past. That being said, he doesn't move well in the pocket, he is slow to release the ball and late on his throws more times than not. Maybe I expect too much from a senior QB that is hyped to play at the next level?

the first round draft pick stuff was always hilarious......Weber was ten times the passer Leidner is/ever will be, and Adam never really made it at the next level....Mitch will probably get some FA workouts with a few NFL teams but I would be shocked if anyone signs him.

Hyperbole is out in full force this morning.

I agree the first round stuff was probably a little ridiculous. But I'll bet you he gets drafted somewhere. Remember Trevor Siemian was drafted: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trevor-siemian-1.html

I agree. Leidner isn't perfect but he's quality qb many gopher fans underappreciated.

Seeing the change in him in 10 months under Johnson, I'm excited to see what others can do next year. The other option are more talented. I like what I see out of Johnson's offense so far.

The hope is they'll Surpass Leidner. I doubt it happens year 1 on the job

This is my favorite thread yet. ML7 is what he is. Anyone who thought there would be some magical change up or down in his performance after 4-years or because he appeared on some NFL draft list was just wishful thinking. He will still have very good games this year (like INstate) and bad games (like OR state). He was #33 on the list of why we lost yesterday. We can ride the highs and lows with the "told you so crowd" on both ends of the ML7 spectrum or we can focus on the real issues - penalties, defense, and whatever the hell that 3rd Quarter yesterday was.

agreed. Mule Leidner is not to blame- He is the result of a coaching staff that believes the system out weighs talent.

Top Bottom