SportsCenter Top 10 This Morning

Not taking anything way from that amazing catch, but I think the Autman-Bell catch against Fresno State would be tied with that for best catch of the decade.
Tyler has a big vertical, great hands (especially when he doesn't use his body) and body control. My favorite Gopher player of all time for sure.
Go back to that game and tanner not choking like our past quarterbacks and throwing a on target strike to autman bell who didn’t choke and made a amazing catch. Because of that the u had a different year. We lose that who knows. Your 100% right. That was crucial

Would be cool for Gophersports.com to put out a passing highlight video from the past season. There were so many highlights!

Here's a question about replay. The one ref called him in bounds and a legit catch. The TV angle looked out of bounds to me. The tv never showed the angle facing Tyler that showed his foot clearly in bounds . The question is what if the ref called it a TD, but replay said he was out of bounds? Do they completely take away all power form the ref in that situation?
I'm 99% sure replay takes over but the idea of removing referees from the decision seems wrong to me.

Here's a question about replay. The one ref called him in bounds and a legit catch. The TV angle looked out of bounds to me. The tv never showed the angle facing Tyler that showed his foot clearly in bounds . The question is what if the ref called it a TD, but replay said he was out of bounds? Do they completely take away all power form the ref in that situation?
I'm 99% sure replay takes over but the idea of removing referees from the decision seems wrong to me.
The replay process starts from the position that the call on the field is correct. If there is video proof that the call on the field is in error, then they change it and announce that the ruling on the field is “reversed.” If the video evidence supports the call on the field, then they announce that the ruling is “confirmed.” If the video review is inconclusive, then they stick with the call on the field and announce that the call “stands.”

Would be cool for Gophersports.com to put out a passing highlight video from the past season. There were so many highlights!
And/or a TJ6 career highlight film

Don’t mean to derail, but rewatch these clips and focus on 5 on Auburn. Schmitz once and Dunlap about 5 times completely controlled him. Wow!

#5 was owned all game long. I’d still take him on my team, though. He almost made the tackle on Bateman’s tunnel screen catch way down the field. He can move. I’m still in disbelief that we handled him so effectively in this game. Maybe he would have been better off skipping the bowl game.

of course, the SECSPN announcers:
"And a wild grab by Johnson, but he was out of bounds...Oh no! they say touchdown! "
"Are you kiddin' me, no way he gets his foot down.")
Just wanted to correct you on this. That's what was quoted, but not why (the insinuation of "SEC"). The main announcer is from Illinois, if I'm not mistaken; and I believe a strong portion of ESPN announcers are not from SECland. I would suspect the main announcer was inclined toward UMN, if he had any bias (of which I didn't notice any particular bias either way).

#5 was owned all game long. I’d still take him on my team, though. He almost made the tackle on Bateman’s tunnel screen catch way down the field. He can move. I’m still in disbelief that we handled him so effectively in this game. Maybe he would have been better off skipping the bowl game.

Good coaching and gameplanning mitigates those athletic strengths, and sometimes turns them into weaknesses. They planned it very well.

Just wanted to correct you on this. That's what was quoted, but not why (the insinuation of "SEC"). The main announcer is from Illinois, if I'm not mistaken; and I believe a strong portion of ESPN announcers are not from SECland. I would suspect the main announcer was inclined toward UMN, if he had any bias (of which I didn't notice any particular bias either way).
I think Benetti called the game vs Penn State and tweeted something to the effect after the game that the Gophers are for real.
The announcers were kind of out of sync though. One would starting talking about a player (trying to get the tidbits they pre planned for) and the other would change the subject.

Not taking anything way from that amazing catch, but I think the Autman-Bell catch against Fresno State would be tied with that for best catch of the decade.
Tyler has a big vertical, great hands (especially when he doesn't use his body) and body control. My favorite Gopher player of all time for sure.
And Bateman vs SDSU. What a group of receivers. What a year.

Amazing game he had. Some NFL worthy catches for sure. One of the greatest gopher receivers of all time. I would say he and Decker are 1 and 1a interchangeably. Bateman could surpass both next year.

Anyone notice tj6 wasn't handing the ball to the ref? Wonder if PJ said anything about that?
I saw him once drop the ball but it was after a head to head that wasn’t called. Bet he was woozy

To me the best catch I’ve seen was Maxx Williams’ toe drag against Iowa. Had a similar reaction from the announcers where they didn’t think he was in at all live.

Though I will say that part of the reason it is impressive is because the throw from Leidner was so bad.

To me the best catch I’ve seen was Maxx Williams’ toe drag against Iowa. Had a similar reaction from the announcers where they didn’t think he was in at all live.

Though I will say that part of the reason it is impressive is because the throw from Leidner was so bad.

The official didn’t think he was in.

It went up to the booth for review.

Top Bottom