SportsCenter Top 10 This Morning

At least they mentioned the game. No other Outback news out there

No question that was his best catch but I also loved the deep post a little before that when it looked like he was 5 feet off the ground when he went up and snared the ball.

No question that was his best catch but I also loved the deep post a little before that when it looked like he was 5 feet off the ground when he went up and snared the ball.

That was a GREAT catch. He had to time that jump perfectly. Could have gone the opposite direction if TJ didn't make a great play on it.

They should have put a montage together of all the great catches in the game.

Amazing game he had. Some NFL worthy catches for sure. One of the greatest gopher receivers of all time. I would say he and Decker are 1 and 1a interchangeably. Bateman could surpass both next year.

Anyone notice tj6 wasn't handing the ball to the ref? Wonder if PJ said anything about that?

Forgot about that last catch where he was heady enough to stay in bounds to help work down the clock. Plenty of NFL receivers not aware and selfless enough to do that.

No question it's the greatest catch of the decade.
Not taking anything way from that amazing catch, but I think the Autman-Bell catch against Fresno State would be tied with that for best catch of the decade.
Tyler has a big vertical, great hands (especially when he doesn't use his body) and body control. My favorite Gopher player of all time for sure.

What about that smart play against Penn State when he got popped, fumbled, and then calmly swatted the ball out of bounds?

Amazing game he had. Some NFL worthy catches for sure. One of the greatest gopher receivers of all time. I would say he and Decker are 1 and 1a interchangeably. Bateman could surpass both next year.

Anyone notice tj6 wasn't handing the ball to the ref? Wonder if PJ said anything about that?

I doubt it.

You know, it was almost like destiny for him. He had been getting low draft rankings due to his measurable (not SEC ready). So what happens? On the Biggest national stage of the season, against SEC speed / future 1st round draft pics/ future NFL HOFers, he shines!!!

I was so proud of him. He probably made himself at least $1MM yesterday, and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Tyler's catch symbolized and summarized the entire season.

Perfection.

You know, it was almost like destiny for him. He had been getting low draft rankings due to his measurable (not SEC ready). So what happens? On the Biggest national stage of the season, against SEC speed / future 1st round draft pics/ future NFL HOFers, he shines!!!

I was so proud of him. He probably made himself at least $1MM yesterday, and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.
Sort of the counter argument to being healthy but skipping the bowl game...

Not taking anything way from that amazing catch, but I think the Autman-Bell catch against Fresno State would be tied with that for best catch of the decade.
Tyler has a big vertical, great hands (especially when he doesn't use his body) and body control. My favorite Gopher player of all time for sure.
That Fresno St catch was last decade.

I was going to offer up the Eric Decker TD catch against Cal at TCF as a potential competitor, but that occurred in 2009 (had to look it up).

Best Catch of the Decade (easily IMO): Johnson against Auburn - that should end up on top all-time catch lists for a long time. Nothing else from the last 10 years jumped into my memory.

But - if you combine mind-boggling athleticism with the importance of the in-game situation, I would say:

Most important catch: Autman-Bell against Fresno State

We still may have beat Aubrun had the Johnson catch ended up incomplete.

We definitely would not have beat Fresno without that Autman-Bell catch.

10-3 with a loss against Fresno State (and potentially a different bowl game) would be a great season but at least debatable compared to some other seasons.

Now we have unquestionably the best season in 50+ years!!

That Fresno St catch was last decade.

Good point - quite a high bar is set - can anyone top it between now and December 31, 2029?!

My guess is yes - legendary catches will occur in the Rose Bowls and National Championship games we'll have the pleasure of watching!

This catch has to be up there for catch of the teens decade...

That one was amazing - definitely would be on the ballot.

What about best catch so far this millennium??

Below is the Decker catch against Cal I referenced earlier.

I had the same reaction watching that live as I did Johnson's catching against Auburn:

No way he caught that...

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HE CAUGHT THAT WHAT DID I JUST SEE???? *HUG AND HIGH-FIVE PEOPLE AROUND ME*

Just unbelievably elite!!!

Yes I remember that catch well...nasty targeting and all. It was amazing.

Reactions: ZPI

of course, the SECSPN announcers:
"And a wild grab by Johnson, but he was out of bounds...Oh no! they say touchdown! "
"Are you kiddin' me, no way he gets his foot down.")

Not much else to add that hasn't been already brought up. One perhaps forgotten item I loved was his presence of mind to get down inbounds on his last catch to keep the clock moving.

Hadn’t seen this angle yet....

kxwz3BI.jpg

Top Bottom