Speculation: Wisconsin Game Will Get Cancelled

Does anyone know if Minnesota is practicing today?

Not elite for the game’s chances
Illinois has had at least 1 week with cancelled practices where they still played the game. It all depends on how cautious the medical staff is being.

is it possible to move to Sunday? Would that make any difference to decisions or time line?

at the risk of sounding cynical, the Gophers are not the most "open" program when it comes to disclosing information on injuries, covid et al. So, it may be hard to find out exactly what the situation is this week.

My question would be - what is the time frame for playing/not playing a game? If the Gophers decide they cannot play against Wisconsin, do they have to notify the B1G or Wisc by a certain time or date - or can they wake up Saturday morning and decide they're not playing?

I would prefer for my radio station to not have 6 hours of dead air on Saturday because I programmed the computer to run a game that didn't happen.
I agree with you. They are secretive on these types of matters.

But they do need to report COVID numbers (sounds like daily) to the Big Ten.
Then depending on the quantity of "current cases" they decide if the game needs to be cancelled. (Current cases being anyone testing positive today, or the preceeding 20 days prior to today).

(The threshhold meaning it will be cancelled if it exceeds that amount with no choice by the team who hit that COVID number).

Also, a game can be cancelled if safe protocols aren't met at any time if both teams don't agree it's safe to proceed.

A player who tested positive traveling with the team (or something to that effect) which happened with Clemson / FSU this last weekend.

So if either University head something which made them think any player could be in jeopardy of getting it from another player, they could decide to not play, and the game would be cancelled.

How come Ohio state and Nebraska never have any positive cases?

Let’s hope they slide under the red zone. We’re not very good this year but hard to pass up a rivalry game. Anything can happen.

Purdue starting DE tested positive today.

I'm fine with that but the original thread title was "Wisconsin game cancelled" or some nonsense
I was being sarcastic. Now I'm not: idiotic and...idiotic. Minnesota "fans" love the negative. It drives their lives.

Sounds like it’s canceled based on a couple tweets that just came out from Jeff Potrykus.

Likely Northwestern as well according to the gopher daily.

"Our goal is to be healthy enough and ready to compete on December 5 against Northwestern.”

Nine student-athletes and six staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last five days. There were additional presumptive positive tests today and the program is awaiting confirmation of those results..

Stupid. How many student athletes are actually sick? How many have just a runny nose?

Top Bottom