Spann-Ford highest rated TE

I thought the pronunciation on Saturday was closer to “Spanferd”.

The dude got Autman-Bell right but missed on the seemingly much easier Spann-Ford.
That's what I got. "Spanferd", as rhyming with transferred. Just odd...

Other than that annoying strangeness, I really liked the announcers for our game, and thought that Brock Vereen did AWESOME on his first collegiate broadcast. He was very impressive and came across as being just enormously likable.

Eventually, everyone will be able to say “Kaliakmanis”.

he’s been good this year. Had another end zone target where I thought he got interfered with. No flag but oh well.

BSF is definitely showing more effort in blocking, more maybe but he kinda sucks at it or takes plays off. He had some great blocks and a few where it looked like he went the wrong way. Hopefully he realizes the payoff is wide open TDs and get more consistent with effort/execution! Maybe I shouldn't compare him to Ko Beast!

I'm confused. I was told he couldn't block 🤔

/s

In all seriousness, it's awesome to see him start to realize the full potential everyone has talked about for years.
Well if he can’t block he will end up on the bench again this year in big ten play. Hopefully he can

You disagree he was on the bench last year?
Or do you agree he was on the bench but disagree with the reason why
If he's on the bench again in Big Ten play I really hope we can find another TE to make a few catches vs Wisconsin like Kieft did last year.

I thought the pronunciation on Saturday was closer to “Spanferd”.

The dude got Autman-Bell right but missed on the seemingly much easier Spann-Ford.
It was Matt Millen, right? He sounded like he didn't prepare at all.

It was Matt Millen, right? He sounded like he didn't prepare at all.
It was Brock Vereen's partner - the play by play guy that he was paired with. I don't recall his name. I mean, he had to go out of his way to mispronounce "Spann-Ford". That one doesn't exactly present a tongue twister. I thought Brock did a decent job, I just wonder why he didn't set that straight with his partner on the side, or anyone else in the production team, for that matter.

It was Brock Vereen's partner - the play by play guy that he was paired with. I don't recall his name. I mean, he had to go out of his way to mispronounce "Spann-Ford". That one doesn't exactly present a tongue twister. I thought Brock did a decent job, I just wonder why he didn't set that straight with his partner on the side, or anyone else in the production team, for that matter.
I thought both Vereen and the play by play guy were awful, to the point of being unlistenable. Vereen's sucking up to everything Gopher was nauseating.

You disagree he was on the bench last year?
Or do you agree he was on the bench but disagree with the reason why

Define what "on the bench again this year during big ten play" means specifically? Was Ko Kieft "on the bench" last year during B1G play too?

Last edited:

Ahh, OK. Millen must have been a different game I flipped to...I was speed watching the gophs game so didn't really listen to much of the commentary.

He played a ton last year.
He played less than half the tight end and H snaps

I’m not sure why this is controversial to say.
He wasn’t a good enough blocker to supplant Kieft even with his superior receiving skills.

This is fact. It’s not controversial

He wasn’t a good enough blocker to supplant Kieft even with his superior receiving skills.

What % of the TE snaps did BSF play? What % did Ko Kieft play?

You're wrong again. As I've explained to you multiple times, Ko Kieft played the U-TE position, which is mainly a blocking TE, while BSF played the Y-TE position, a more all-around TE, who typically catches more passes.

It was Nick Kallerup who could not supplant Ko Kieft because he was the back-up at the U-TE position, not BSF.

This season Nick Kallerup is the main guy at the U-TE, while BSF continues to man his Y-TE position.

You're wrong again. As I've explained to you multiple times, Ko Kieft played the U-TE position, which is mainly a blocking TE, while BSF played the Y-TE position, a more all-around TE, who typically catches more passes.

It was Nick Kallerup who could not supplant Ko Kieft because he was the back-up at the U-TE position, not BSF.

This season Nick Kallerup is the main guy at the U-TE, while BSF continues o man his Y-TE position.

+o4

Define what "on the bench again this year in big ten play" means specifically? Was Ko Kieft "on the bench in big ten play" last year as well?.

Bump for 'some guy':

- Please define what you mean specifically by saying BSF could be "on the bench again this year in big ten play"?

Was Ko Kieft also "on the bench in big ten play", last year?

What is the required % of snaps to not be "on the bench in big ten play"?

Top Bottom