South Dakota State

Latest result (10/31/09): SDSU 17, Youngstown State 3 at Youngstown.

SDSU hosts Southern Illinois in Brookings, Saturday, Nov. 7. Both teams are undefeated in the Missouri Valley. SDSU and SIU each have one conference game left after Nov 7 but it is likely the game in Brookings this Saturday will decide the conference championship. SDSU will play at cellar-dweller Western Illinois the weekend following the Minnesota game, while SIU will host a dangerous Missouri State team November 14.

Actually is SDSU IS at their level....they beat NDSU that year and every year since!

I don't want to be a dick to sdsu because I live in moorhead mn and love the ass kickings they give ndsu every year, but...sdsu has no shot against the gophers! sdsu is in a great spot for the playoffs and a national title! if sdsu treats this game the way ndsu did(super bowl), they are going to potentially have an injury to ruin their playoff run! minny's defense is much better than any they have seen in the d1aa ranks. minny has so much more depth and have less to fear injury wise! therefore I can't imagine this game being anything more than a 40+ victory for minny! I don't think this is a shot at sdsu because they are a very good jv team...but their coach should get fired if he risks starters for a non conference pay day!

That has to be LakesBison.

That has to be LakesBison.

first I'm not lakesbison, 2nd I must be out of my mind to think the gophers are better then sdsu! what was I thinking? yes your kids are pretty good, yes lightning could strike and sdsu could win...i just don't think sdsu will be that stupid to try and possibly screw up a shot at a national title...beating the gophers and possibly losing a qb, de, lb, or anybody who is significant in my opinion is nuts since you guys have something to play for. I hope you guys do well and go far...but I have no fear that minny will put a 40+ point beating on your bunnies!

LakesBison wrote: "...i just don't think sdsu will be that stupid to try and possibly screw up a shot at a national title...beating the gophers and possibly losing a qb, de, lb, or anybody who is significant in my opinion is nuts since you guys have something to play for...."

I'm not going to argue with Lakes except to comment on the above portion of his post. This portion seems to suggest SDSU should lay down to avoid injury. That isn't going to happen.

I'm sorry, but all this worried talk about SDSU is embarassing.

They are NOT as good as Syracuse or Northwestern; anybody who would argue that point needs to watch some film. We should be WAY more worried about Illinois, a 1-win Big Ten team that would hang 60 on SDSU. I understand this thread is a bunch of Jacks fans and negative nancy minnesotans, but come on. Be realistic.

I'm not saying this to belittle SDSU or its fans. I hope you guys enjoy the game, and I'm a big fan of the way your guys play. Here's hoping you beat the crap out of the Salukis and make some noise in the playoffs.

SDSU may be much better than you realize. For instance, Sagarin has them rated 77th in the nation, ahead of 4 Big Ten teams:

77 SDSU
79 Purdue
93 Northwestern
95 Indiana
102 Illinois

NOTE: Minnesota is ranked 56th.

If we lose, Brew will be gone after this season.

South Dakota State is 6-1 & just beat a Northern Iowa team that should've beaten Iowa, the #6 Team in COLLEGE FOOTBALL right now.......

They're 6-1 so they're used to winning and from what I heard they are very solid at what they do. This is NDSU 2006 *ALL OVER AGAIN*.

I have a feeling if Brewster drops this game he will officially be on the hot seat regardless of what happens against MSU & Illinois.......

I live 50 miles from SDSU and have many friends and coworkers that are alumni and very fired up for this game. It will be like NDSU in 06 and 07 all over again for these people. I am honestly worried about this match up. First, if we lose it will be terrible for the team and program. Secondly, if we lose I won't hear the end of it for weeks and weeks and may need to take at least Monday off from work. The cowbells will be ringing all over western Minnesota if the Jacks upset the Gophers.

Seriously....after watching how we've played the last two weeks...and how the Jacks are playing...and knowing that are fans will be down and couldn't care less about this opponent...I'm worried. I truly hope our team and coaches will take the threat seriously and perform better than they have.

It's SDSU's national championship. It will be the biggest men's college sporting event in SD history (the Lady Jacks BB team made a run in the NCAA's last year). I have had at least a dozen requests from SDSU fans to buy my tickets for the game. I know at least a dozen fans that already have tickets and are going. We all better be ready. I hope Brewster and company remember NDSU!!!

SDSU wins 24-14.

We will definitely be a lot faster and a lot more athletic than they are, but they are very disciplined and execute. Their defense and WRs are pretty solid.

If they win out prior to playing us, they will definitely be a top 5-ranked FCS team.

2nd quarter update and UNI leads SDSU 7-6. This is the same UNI team that gave IOWA all they could handle in Iowa City.

Could be another 1-AA team giving the Gopher team fits especially if our offense continues to play as poorly as it has. SDSU has a very stout defense this year...granted they are playing 1-AA teams.

You're all nuts. SDSU does not have the size or the speed. Gophers win by 14-21 points, maybe more.

This tidbit from the SDSU beat writer today.

From the meaningless stat department: SDSU seems to match up well with some FBS defenses.
The Jacks gave up as many points against Youngstown St as Pittsburgh did (3).
They gave up fewer points to NDSU (13) than Iowa State did (17).
They gave up fewer points to Northern Iowa (14) than Iowa did (16).
They gave up fewer points to Indiana State (0) than Louisville did (10).

From the meaningless stat department: SDSU seems to match up well with some FBS defenses.

I wonder what its like in the world of a d1aa fan? comparing teams who played each other in different years as well as different games is mind boggling! well we beat mich st and they played iowa close so that must mean we are better then iowa...or iowa beat penn st and psu beat us 20-0 so that means iowa is better...quit posting stupid comparisons-no game is remotely close to the next!

people, this transitive stuff is complete nonsense. for instance:

the gophers put up 42 on MSU, iowa only scored 15.
the gophers handled purdue, which handles osu, which handles the gophers.
in 2008, minnesota beat a BGSU team that beat a PITT team that beat an iowa team that beat a minnesota team.

the jackrabbits have a chance, sure. am i going to lose sleep over it because rabbit fans are telling us how they beat UNI, or how many points they gave up against youngstown? not bloody likely

people, this transitive stuff is complete nonsense. for instance:

the gophers put up 42 on MSU, iowa only scored 15.
the gophers handled purdue, which handles osu, which handles the gophers.
in 2008, minnesota beat a BGSU team that beat a PITT team that beat an iowa team that beat a minnesota team.

the jackrabbits have a chance, sure. am i going to lose sleep over it because rabbit fans are telling us how they beat UNI, or how many points they gave up against youngstown? not bloody likely

Notice how the post said (from the meaningless stat department). Obviously nobody is looking at that and saying it's an exact science, it's just an interesting tidbit.

Notice how the post said (from the meaningless stat department). Obviously nobody is looking at that and saying it's an exact science, it's just an interesting tidbit.

"Interesting tidbits" can make for some lively discussion...even though much of it may be meaningless to the outcome of any particular matchup.

BTW, does anyone know the early line...if there even is an early line...on this game from the pros who do this for a living?

"Interesting tidbits" can make for some lively discussion...even though much of it may be meaningless to the outcome of any particular matchup.

BTW, does anyone know the early line...if there even is an early line...on this game from the pros who do this for a living?

There won't be a line because it's a FBS vs FCS matchup.

isn't indiana state like 0 for the last three seasons?

iowa state is terrible.

louisville is terrible.

this gopher team is <b>MILES</B> better than the one that lost to ndsu. i am not worried about sdsu at all. we will roll.

The Gophers are going to win this game, conservatively, 178 - 1.

The Gophers are going to win this game, conservatively, 178 - 1.

As Old Gopher would say "as usual you are WAY out of line KAL-EEEK!":mad:

You can't get a score of one! ;)

Let me revise that to 286 to -3

Top Bottom