South Dakota State

SirWilliam

Section 245 Rise Up!
Reaction score
2nd quarter update and UNI leads SDSU 7-6. This is the same UNI team that gave IOWA all they could handle in Iowa City.

Could be another 1-AA team giving the Gopher team fits especially if our offense continues to play as poorly as it has. SDSU has a very stout defense this year...granted they are playing 1-AA teams.

SD State is a pretty good football team. If they were D1 this year I'd put them on the same level as Syracuse or Northwestern, and we didn't exactly steamroll them.

That said, getting our asses handed to us by PSU and OSU is not nearly the same thing as losing to SDSU. We should be fine.

well Sdsu is division I, they are actually ranked 11th in DI-AA.

If we lose to SDSU, Brew will not be the coach next year. Obvious speculation. One question though, why do we schedule such a downer game for the last one of the year? I know it's fairly common practice and it's probably hard to get teams to come play here in the cold of November.

One question though, why do we schedule such a downer game for the last one of the year? I know it's fairly common practice and it's probably hard to get teams to come play here in the cold of November.

i am guessing that if you put sdsu in the beginning of the season then you probably don't get games against air force or cal to start the season.

If we lose to SDSU, Brew will not be the coach next year. Obvious speculation. One question though, why do we schedule such a downer game for the last one of the year? I know it's fairly common practice and it's probably hard to get teams to come play here in the cold of November.

Pretty sure the BT schedule was set for a few years with the bye weeks inserted. Then the NCAA allowed teams to play 12 games and sent everyone scrambling.

Tough to get anyone to come to BT country in November that isn't doing it for money.

Illinois somehow got Cincy, might be at Cincy though.

I watched SDSU earlier this year...they are a good team and could give the Gophers trouble but the Gophers should be ok. Remember North Dakota State's victory over Minnesota a few years ago...well, the only team to beat NDSU that year was SDSU.

In saying that, that was NDSU's national championship that year. This year SDSU might be in position to get to a I-AA playoff game (esp. if they beat UNI) and hope they get out of the Gopher game without any serious injuries. Sounds strange, I know but the game is late in the season.

SDSU wins 24-14.

We will definitely be a lot faster and a lot more athletic than they are, but they are very disciplined and execute. Their defense and WRs are pretty solid.

If they win out prior to playing us, they will definitely be a top 5-ranked FCS team.

They don't got a shot vs. our speed. Our O-line will dominate like they did against Purdue and Gray will look better than he did vs. the tOSU backups by a long shot.

It was Hobo days for SDSU so of course they are going to win, probably could've beaten USC today...but I'm just excited for the game, I have a few friends that play for SDSU and with the looks of this season, for me at least, this gives me something to look forward to...plus they've never had to go against a QB like Gray, ya heard!!!

I live 50 miles from SDSU and have many friends and coworkers that are alumni and very fired up for this game. It will be like NDSU in 06 and 07 all over again for these people. I am honestly worried about this match up. First, if we lose it will be terrible for the team and program. Secondly, if we lose I won't hear the end of it for weeks and weeks and may need to take at least Monday off from work. The cowbells will be ringing all over western Minnesota if the Jacks upset the Gophers.

Seriously....after watching how we've played the last two weeks...and how the Jacks are playing...and knowing that are fans will be down and couldn't care less about this opponent...I'm worried. I truly hope our team and coaches will take the threat seriously and perform better than they have.

It's SDSU's national championship. It will be the biggest men's college sporting event in SD history (the Lady Jacks BB team made a run in the NCAA's last year). I have had at least a dozen requests from SDSU fans to buy my tickets for the game. I know at least a dozen fans that already have tickets and are going. We all better be ready. I hope Brewster and company remember NDSU!!!

I live 50 miles from SDSU and have many friends and coworkers that are alumni and very fired up for this game. It will be like NDSU in 06 and 07 all over again for these people. I am honestly worried about this match up. First, if we lose it will be terrible for the team and program. Secondly, if we lose I won't hear the end of it for weeks and weeks and may need to take at least Monday off from work. The cowbells will be ringing all over western Minnesota if the Jacks upset the Gophers.

Seriously....after watching how we've played the last two weeks...and how the Jacks are playing...and knowing that are fans will be down and couldn't care less about this opponent...I'm worried. I truly hope our team and coaches will take the threat seriously and perform better than they have.

It's SDSU's national championship. It will be the biggest men's college sporting event in SD history (the Lady Jacks BB team made a run in the NCAA's last year). I have had at least a dozen requests from SDSU fans to buy my tickets for the game. I know at least a dozen fans that already have tickets and are going. We all better be ready. I hope Brewster and company remember NDSU!!!

If we lose, Brew will be gone after this season.

this game won't be sdsu's national championship-they have a shot @ the playoffs and a title in jv d1aa. and sdsu won't bring 40000 fans to minneapolis like ndsu so it will be nothing like 07! gophers will dominate them!

this game won't be sdsu's national championship-they have a shot @ the playoffs and a title in jv d1aa. and sdsu won't bring 40000 fans to minneapolis like ndsu so it will be nothing like 07! gophers will dominate them!

40K?? easy there big fella. i believe it was something more like 25K. anyways, that game was three seasons ago and i have put it behind me. ;)

South Dakota State is 6-1 & just beat a Northern Iowa team that should've beaten Iowa, the #6 Team in COLLEGE FOOTBALL right now.......

They're 6-1 so they're used to winning and from what I heard they are very solid at what they do. This is NDSU 2006 *ALL OVER AGAIN*.

I have a feeling if Brewster drops this game he will officially be on the hot seat regardless of what happens against MSU & Illinois.......

South Dakota State is 6-1 & just beat a Northern Iowa team that should've beaten Iowa, the #6 Team in COLLEGE FOOTBALL right now.......

They're 6-1 so they're used to winning and from what I heard they are very solid at what they do. This is NDSU 2006 *ALL OVER AGAIN*.

I have a feeling if Brewster drops this game he will officially be on the hot seat regardless of what happens against MSU & Illinois.......

You have a feeling..... ha ha. I have a feeling he will be gone if he loses. Michigan State is suddenly looking like an absolute monster next week so if we lost to sdsu and mich state we have a 5 win season.

and washington beat usc and hasn't really done jack since then. so basically, who beats - or almost beats - who before you play them doesn't really mean squat. it is just good fodder for message boards! ;)

You have a feeling..... ha ha. I have a feeling he will be gone if he loses. Michigan State is suddenly looking like an absolute monster next week so if we lost to sdsu and mich state we have a 5 win season.

man, are some of you depressing. ;)

and washington beat usc and hasn't really done jack since then. so basically, who beats - or almost beats - who before you play them doesn't really mean squat. it is just good fodder for message boards! ;)

I'm more concerned about SDSU being used to winning...just like NDSU was when they came in 2006, they will be very confident.......

man, are some of you depressing. ;)

It's all good. I was so hyped up for this season and extremely p'od after the Wisconsin game but I have accepted our fate whatever it may be. I will, however, lose faith in the brew brew completely if we lose to SDSU.

I think people need to calm down just a small tad. It took NDSU, a team loaded with 5th year seniors, playing one of the absolute worst Minnesota teams in history, that only won 1 single game, to win by 6 points. 6 points. SDSU is not at their level, and we are not at those depths. This is nothing like '06 at all, in hardly any way.

I think people need to calm down just a small tad. It took NDSU, a team loaded with 5th year seniors, playing one of the absolute worst Minnesota teams in history, that only won 1 single game, to win by 6 points. 6 points. SDSU is not at their level, and we are not at those depths. This is nothing like '06 at all, in hardly any way.

Explain 2006 please.......

Explain 2006 please.......

What's to explain? We were absolutely terrible, we won 1 game despite playing an easy schedule. NDSU was seinor laden and primed to go. SDSU is good, but not at that level. Plus, they won't have 30,000 fans cheering them on like NDSU had.

You are all underestimating the support for SDSU that will be in TCF Bank Stadium next month. Of course, because of the smaller stadium that is "sold out", it won't be the 25k that NDSU was able to fill the Dome with, but it will be the 2nd most visiting fans of the year in TCF. From what I hear from my SDSU friends, there were plenty of tickets available online. Many Gopher fans will sell their seats for this meaningless, cold, non-conference, I-AA team game. Thousands of Jacks fans will be buying those tickets. Mark my words.

You are all underestimating the support for SDSU that will be in TCF Bank Stadium next month. Of course, because of the smaller stadium that is "sold out", it won't be the 25k that NDSU was able to fill the Dome with, but it will be the 2nd most visiting fans of the year in TCF. From what I hear from my SDSU friends, there were plenty of tickets available online. Many Gopher fans will sell their seats for this meaningless, cold, non-conference, I-AA team game. Thousands of Jacks fans will be buying those tickets. Mark my words.

I believe it and hopefully they get to witness a thorough ass kicking.

What's to explain? We were absolutely terrible, we won 1 game despite playing an easy schedule. NDSU was seinor laden and primed to go. SDSU is good, but not at that level. Plus, they won't have 30,000 fans cheering them on like NDSU had.

We weren't that good in 2006 for a couple of reasons but we were far from "terrible"........

Top Bottom