SOUND OFF!! Post-Game Thread: Gophers Crush Northwestern, Improve to 7-3.

That was smash mouth Big Ten Gopher football. Absolute beat down.

Riveting enough I slept through most of the second quarter and parts of the fourth so huge grain of salt with my hot takes.

This has been a theme for the season. A lot of blowouts and very little drama at the end of games. Gophers have been on the good side of most but it's been snoozer football for much of the year.

I thought the Oline played well both in pass protection and run blocking. Front seven on defense got pressure and Jay Joyner even impressed against a potential first round draft pick (left tackle for NW).
Felt bad about Nubin causing that injury. He is a clean player and this team in general does not take cheap shots.

Was I imagining things or did Potts look better today?
You were seeing Northwestern playing defense

I’m a little less worried about the future (beyond this season) than I was as of a few 4-5 games ago. Joyner gets better each week and could be a stud. Lindenberg has been very good. AK looks to be promising even with his rough day today. In very limited action Evans has potential.

Today wasn’t pretty on offense at times but overall played very well. Our safeties are so good.

After watching the game today, it’s clear that Morgan needs to start the Iowa and Wisconsin games. 6th year Senior and has been in that environment many times before. AK might start the bowl game, depending on how the next 2 go. He’s got really good reps this year as a Freshman already.

I’m a little less worried about the future (beyond this season) than I was as of a few 4-5 games ago. Joyner gets better each week and could be a stud. Lindenberg has been very good. AK looks to be promising even with his rough day today. In very limited action Evans has potential.

Today wasn’t pretty on offense at times but overall played very well. Our safeties are so good.
Joyner has been standing out more and more each week. He just seems to have a knack for getting into the backfield and disrupting the play. With him and Striggow back next year we could have a very strong pair of DE.

Lindenberg seems to be getting better and better as well. Can easily see him holding down the MLB spot after Mariano moves on.

This has been a theme for the season. A lot of blowouts and very little drama at the end of games. Gophers have been on the good side of most but it's been snoozer football for much of the year.
I have a nephew who goes to the U and attends the football games. He says the atmosphere with the other kids is fun, but it's boring as hell to watch run, run, run. These games are boring as shit for the most part.

but a win is a win!

I’m just worried we’re not seeing much on offense standing out.

Defense got guys there for the future. Offense, just not seeing players of the future.

It was fun to see us pass up an opportunity for a two-minute drive for AK.

Top Bottom