SOUND OFF!! Post Game Thread!! AXE IS HOME

That's three wins today.

Gophers beat the Badgers, the no-call referees, and the Badger-loving announcers.

although it was fun listening to the announcers go into shock when Bucky p*ssed down its leg in the closing seconds.
I agre with all the above. Permit me to add one. Reilly Mahlman called for holding with :21 remaining on the Minn 5 yardline, 1st and goal. Any Minnesotan who chooses the Skunks (including the Hogs and the Cornys) gets my evil eye.

Mo HAD to have been playing hurt. Really nice passing game to rally the team to the win.
I believe Mo hurt a shoulder blocking a blitz right off the bat, and got his bell run later in the game. On obvious passing downs that would probably face a blitz, we were substituting in Jelen.

Last edited:

That's just it. We won. Before PJ, we would lose this game. Even when the badgers sucked, they beat us. In the last 5 years, we are 3-2 against them. Let that sink in. It's marvelous.
When did the badgers suck before PJ? You are going back decades.

And on that 3-2 record, we got hosed there 3 years ago and lost in overtime. Should be 4-1

F yeah! My BADger neighbors were having a watch party in their garage. So after the game I proceeded to drape my flag over my back and go running around their party.

They are really good people, and there were MN fans there, so I had a good time hanging out afterward. But man, that felt good.

Mo was not right, and I was yelling at the TV for them to put in Williams. Mo is never going to pull himself out of a game, but he was not helping the team.

But hot damn, how much did AK step up and carry the load? What a game, young man.

Any reason time didn’t come if when the Wisconsin player was injured ?

Happened in another game. Because the clock stops on a first down while the chains are set the 10 second runoff is out of play. I think this is something the competition committee should look at though because that is BS.

Fleck was hot on the sidelines too because they waited a long time to roll the clock once everyone was back out there after the injury. Easy thing for a team to exploit if they get a first down, tell a player to go down injured and get a free timeout essentially because of it.

No idea. I was waiting for it to happen. Fleck was over on the sidelines throwing a fit about something.

F yeah! My BADger neighbors were having a watch party in their garage. So after the game I proceeded to drape my flag over my back and go running around their party.

They are really good people, and there were MN fans there, so I had a good time hanging out afterward. But man, that felt good.
They are really good people lol. I have never met any. I would say simple more than good.

I’ll post more of my thoughts tomorrow when I’m sober but that was a gutsy win. AK looked extremely impressive.

I was shocked at how many badger fans left after the Walley INT.

Can’t wait to watch the replay!

Watching Nebraska fling it in the first half vs Iowa was maybe seen by PJ. Let’s let the offense play more aggressively!

Have to head to bathroom to count all the new gray hairs this game gave me! Way to go guys!!!
Because you need to look in the mirror to see your head of hair and facial hair, or do you need privacy to check your unshaven areas?

Great win for the players, especially the seniors, and PJ. They DESERVED this! We are scratching the top of the West. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Who has a clearly better team and better future outlook? No one! Does that mean we will win it anytime soon? No. But we are in the mix and that has not been the case for…. Decades. If you look on the bright side, there are so many positives. Starting with the QB. If you look at the negatives, and we have many on this message board that are uncharacteristicly silent right now, I really feel sorry for you. All you gotta do is go back to the threads after the Iowa loss. Come on! Get out here with everyone else and enjoy this! Back to back wins for the axe in almost 30 years! Lastly, Fat Pat can kiss my ass.

Short of winning the west, winning this game is the most important task in a given year. I was down after the Iowa loss. This helps quite a bit. But still...this was the year to win the west.

Driving back from Madison with some thoughts.

-What a game, I really thought the Gophers were going to collapse in the 3rd quarter. It was encouraging to see the fight in this team and man I’m so happy they pulled it off.

-Camp Randall is garbage, don’t get me wrong the atmosphere is great but everything about that stadium is terrible.

-Going in to the trip I was expecting to receive some to receive hostilities but I was pleasantly surprised to hear almost nothing. The Badger fans at the bars and in the stadium were nice and no one was downright mean. My friends in the student section said they reported back the same thing.

-I still think they gave Athan a terrible spot on the 4th and 1 in the 1st quarter.

-Getting to touch the Axe in Madison was a special moment. I’m happy that we are bringing it back home where it belongs!

-I’m now 7-0 in road games that I’ve attended in college. I’m lucky that I’ve had the opportunity to attend that many and that I haven’t seen a loss!

Row the Boat and Ski U Mah!!

Top Bottom