Sophie Hart ( Farmington ) Leaving NC State

I love the trajectory of these Gophers. I do want Hart to be a Gopher, however after what I watch the last few seasons……If she doesn’t want to be a Gopher and part of the future success then I don’t want her. I honestly think she either commits before 2nd semester or the Gophers move ahead as they are.

View attachment 22721

Welcome back to civilization. That's been a long trip. Once you catch up on all the recruiting news, stats, progress notes and tournament projections you can weigh in.

In my assessment based on all that I project an NCAA tournament appearance next season. Below is a link to the expanded brackets early projections for the 2023 tournament. Minnesota will be on that in 2024.

🤦🏽‍♂️

Practicing will be good for her and could be good for Rose too.

I don’t foresee anyone leaving. I think the girls are on board with the concept that something special could happen with this group. Only exception I could see is a current post. (I know nothing, just saying) The rest I believe are ALL in.

Practicing will be good for her and could be good for Rose too.

I don’t foresee anyone leaving. I think the girls are on board with the concept that something special could happen with this group. Only exception I could see is a current post. (I know nothing, just saying) The rest I believe are ALL in.
feel like this might put a FIRE under Rose's butt.. with her height I could see Sophie pushing past Rose to be the starting C.. depending on when she joins..

Maybe Micheaux is a more natural forward, anyway?
that could be the case as well.. but the thing that just sticks out to me the most is.. how many fouls rose has committed.. and also the 35 TO's to the 5 Assists, she hasn't had AN assists since the Liberty game.

feel like this might put a FIRE under Rose's butt.. with her height I could see Sophie pushing past Rose to be the starting C.. depending on when she joins..
I really enjoy cheering on and Rose watching her development at MN. One thing you cannot teach is height and it will benefit everyone to have a talented 6’5” teammate. I would be surprised and disappointed if the team can’t find ways to use Rose and Hart on the floor at the same time together. I don’t see adding Sophie as a threat to light a fire under Rose but a great way to help her and all the Gophers have more success. This should allow the team to have a stronger variety of lineups to put on the floor.

I’m getting excited watching highlights of Sophie. Her play starts at about the 4:58 mark here.

Found this interesting from the startribune article..

Hart will not be able to play for the Gophers this season. Once she is formally accepted into school she will be able to practice with the team. She comes with at least two years of eligibility remaining. But it could grow to three. Hart is expected to file for a waiver from the NCAA to do just that.

Thank you Lindsay Whalen and Sophie Hart. You will help each other more than you know.

From the Star Tribune:

"Hart had been in the NCAA's transfer portal since November. After sifting through a handful of high-profile offers, she settled on Minnesota in large part because of her comfort level with Gophers coach Lindsay Whalen.

"I feel she has a vision for me,'' Hart said. "I felt confident in her, that she feels confident in me. That was something I was really looking for when I went looking for a new school.''

The 6-5 Hart was ranked 64th in the country by ESPN and 34th by prospectsnation.com coming out of Farmington in 2021"

END QUOTE

Top Bottom