Sophie Hart ( Farmington ) Leaving NC State

Bfan

Reaction score
I've been skipping through game videos of North Carolina. Senior center Camille Hobby starts. Then graduate center River Baldwin, a transfer player, comes in and plays. Very little playing time behind them for Hart.

In this video Hart comes in around 31:10:

Once she's in the post she's a force.

When she has the ball in the paint the announcer says, "Nobody can guard Sophie down there." He mentions that she's improved -- has practiced against a good player. Mentions she's in better shape this year than last.

To me is a big player who excels in the paint, rebounding and closer shots, and not as great of an athlete at running/quickness. Probably not a longer-range shooter. If dominating in the paint is the goal then she has that covered.

Last edited:

Bfan

Reaction score
Ohio State is now following her on Twitter.

Last edited:

GringaGopher

Reaction score
Here is this year's and next year's roster/depth chart for those wondering if Gophers have the scholarships to add Hart.

For the Record, they are going after her and trying to add her.
Good! U can’t teach or coach height. I could not tell much about her foot work but we have not really had a true Big and maybe some home cooking is exactly what she needs…..

Bfan

Reaction score
I think the apparent limitations of Hart thus far create challenges. In high school she was more of an old school center. The game has changed to more to the perimeter. Also, is she able to run uptempo for significant minutes. She has a rebounding presence and short range scoring. Is that game going to expand more outside the paint or does the team work around that.

I do not know. I am just conveying information.

blkroll

Reaction score
Is she faster than Oberg? Maybe an upgrade there…

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Here is this year's and next year's roster/depth chart for those wondering if Gophers have the scholarships to add Hart.

For the Record, they are going after her and trying to add her.
Most Gopher fans would take her in a heart beat. You cannot teach that size. Come on Sophie, join the Gophers, you will have a lot of fans in Williams buzzing if you come home. We already love the players we have,but could use the help in the post.

Last edited:

Belzx009

Reaction score
She should head over to Virginia and watch the gophers tomorrow.

Ragnor

Reaction score
Most Gopher fans would take her in a heart beat. You cannot teach that size. Come on Sophie, join the Gophers, you will have a lot of fans in Williams buzzing if you come home. We already love the players we have,but could use the help in the post.
I agree size is important but size on it's own does not make you better when you have 2 solid posts like Rose & Oberg, Helgren is the perfect example of that. Helgren gave us some depth but her lack of scoring aptitutde meant the other team didn't need to double her inside and could put more pressure on our scorers last year. Helgren was good for depth but on this years team she would be behind Rose, Oberg and Heyer at the post even though Heyer isn't playing post.

Belzx009

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates? Is Minnesota a legit option? Is she looking to make the move at break? I keep thinking how badly this team could use another post….especially if she was eligible the 2nd half of the season.

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates? Is Minnesota a legit option? Is she looking to make the move at break? I keep thinking how badly this team could use another post….especially if she was eligible the 2nd half of the season.

Legit Option- Yes
Favorites (currently)- No

Top Bottom