Some new shirts to wear on Saturdays at the tailgate, home, wherever

I'd like to see a picture of the actual shirt. A screen print with a logo that big with no breaks feels really funny on a t-shirt. It usually starts to feel very plastic and heavy.

I'd like to see a picture of the actual shirt. A screen print with a logo that big with no breaks feels really funny on a t-shirt. It usually starts to feel very plastic and heavy.
Once they come in, I'll post a photo of the actual shirt and there are a few posters on here who have ordered Floyd, so they will also be able to tell you what they look like, the feel, etc.

CrocShots said:
Shoulda told them that XXXLs take up too much material and are 5x more expensive.
IALTO!

The Floyd shirts are off to the printer, so we will have a finite amount once they get in -- they should be coming next week. Still waiting for more orders on The Jug, The Axe and the helmet shirt (Saturday Silhouette) before they go to print.

It was kind of cool to see Gray show some love to the Saturday Silhouette shirt. It would have been awful if he tweeted that they were horrendous. Thanks to those of you who have ordered already and also those who have at least checked out the site. It's much appreciated.

I like them. There's only so much one can do to ensure they don't have the 'block M' or any other copy-write logos on them. The Saturday Silhouette is probably my favorite of the bunch, only for the reason that it's applicable for more games than the axe/pig/jug shirts.

When you post some pictures of how they look, I'll really consider ordering a few.

Question, are you only putting them on t-shirts, or are you also offering long-sleeve shirts as well? I ask because my uncle has a 'thing' for long sleeve shirts, certainly he'll love these.

I'm just doing t-shirts right now. I wouldn't be opposed to doing long-sleeve shirts, but I'm not set up in a way where I can handle single orders very well and I haven't gotten too much interest in long sleeve shirts as of yet. If people clamored for 'em though, I'd order them. If enough people ask for something, I'll try my best to make it. (I'm trying to hold out on making the Floyd into a black and yellow, like I said before.) The Floyd shirts should be in later this week so I'll post some pics after I get those orders sent out so people can get an actual view of what they look like.

I understand wanting to see the actual shirt -- I'm pretty OCD myself on stuff like that.

The "Floyd" shirts came today and they look fantastic. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. Here's a photo of it up close for those who wanted to see it actually printed. I'll take a few more tomorrow to put on the website, but I wanted to get this one on here -- if there are any other types of angles you want, let me know.

Also, for those who ordered the "Floyd" shirt, everything is packed up and shipped to you. You should also get a confirmation e-mail, but I wanted to say thanks again for the support from the GH-ers who have already picked one up.

tumblr_m3txyt2c161qc45gp.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_m3txyt2c161qc45gp.jpg
    tumblr_m3txyt2c161qc45gp.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3

emann said:
The "Floyd" shirts came today and they look fantastic. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. Here's a photo of it up close for those who wanted to see it actually printed. I'll take a few more tomorrow to put on the website, but I wanted to get this one on here -- if there are any other types of angles you want, let me know.

Also, for those who ordered the "Floyd" shirt, everything is packed up and shipped to you. You should also get a confirmation e-mail, but I wanted to say thanks again for the support from the GH-ers who have already picked one up.

What is the website to order?

Thanks for creating the shirts! Just bought a Floyd through the website. I can't wait to wear it at Kinnick for this year's game and to rub our victories in the face of all the die hard hogeye fans at my office.

^ THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS. I got your order sent out this morning when the Post Office was open for an hour. (Is that a small town thing or are all Post Offices only open for an hour on Saturday? I'm guessing that has changed in the last few years with the budgetary issues, but that surprised me a bit.)

That's why I didn't want to make Floyd in a black version, even if it might sell better. I want to make some gear for Gopher football fans, the few of us that are out there.

Just got my FLOYD shirt in the mail today! It looks and fits great! I can't wait to wear it down in Iowa City this fall. Thanks for making these Emann.

If you're thinking about buying one, do it. I'm hoping enough people order so I get my Jug, and Axe shirt as well.

^Thanks! The Axe just went to the printer, so that one should be here in two weeks. I'll keep you updated if anything changes. Glad to hear that you like the shirt. Thanks again for picking them up!

If anyone has a picture wearing one of the shirts, send it over to me on Twitter and I'll retweet it or put on the Facebook page. (If you want to, of course. If you don't want to, that's cool, too.)

UPDATE: Things are online for The Axe shirts to be here early next week. To those who have already ordered, I'll get them out the same day.

I need the Floyd shirt in toddler size 3T or 4T.

emann said:
^Thanks! The Axe just went to the printer, so that one should be here in two weeks. I'll keep you updated if anything changes. Glad to hear that you like the shirt. Thanks again for picking them up!

If anyone has a picture wearing one of the shirts, send it over to me on Twitter and I'll retweet it or put on the Facebook page. (If you want to, of course. If you don't want to, that's cool, too.)

These t-shirts are made by Gilden correct? If so I'm locked in on sizes.

These t-shirts are made by Gilden correct? If so I'm locked in on sizes.

Nope - they are Hanes nano T-shirts, which is more of a fashion/athletic fit. Although the Gildan tees are cheaper than the Hanes nanos, I've found they don't hold shape as well sometimes after a few washings. I can send you the difference in measurements, but those tend to not really make much practical sense. The Hanes nanos aren't quite as tight as say, an American Apparel shirt. But they are a little bit tighter in the arms and across the shoulders than the Gildan and they have a little bit more length to them, too.

I don't think it's something that would swing a size that much either way. (Also, if you order a shirt and it's the wrong size, let me know and if I have a size left in the one you need, we can exchange them out.)

If any of the other people who have already gotten their shirt want to chime in on size, feel free.

I need the Floyd shirt in toddler size 3T or 4T.

That would have been a great idea. I didn't think about that, but if there is enough interest, maybe I'll pursue it. We have a little one on the way, so it might be kind of cool.

Can you add a caption to the Floyd T-shirt that say's

A "heart" symbol and MPLS together or "Loves MPLS" I think you could add the block M to the MPLS part and avoid trademark.

Look what came in the mail today??
tumblr_m4sovrHPqZ1qcvx3to1_500.jpg

Those of you who ordered "The Axe": I'll get them out into the mail today. Those of you thinking about ordering, they ship immediately. Also, now since they are ordered, we only have a set amount in each size. Thanks again all for your support.

Hey Guys - I'm down to the last large in "Floyd." I have some more XL sizes though, but if you were on the fence or waiting until it was closer to the Iowa game, you might want to grab your size. Thanks again for checking out the site.

I'm planning to order "The Jug" this week, leaving about a two-week turnaround time for the printer.

Shirt No. 3, "The Jug" has arrived and is in stock. It ships immediately. Those of you who pre-ordered, I already dropped your shirts off at the post office. Thanks guys for your support!

If anyone is interested, here's a picture of it on the Empty Bandwagon FB page.

I was kind of lukewarm on the design of the jug, but I really like how it turned out. The shape of Minnesota looks pretty nice inside the Jug. (Just as the Jug would look pretty nice inside the state of Minnesota, but I digress.)

^ Thanks!

To be honest, I really liked making the helmet silhouette shirt, but that got very little interest ultimately. I'm guessing that's due to the fictional player who I based it off of that in no way resembles the starting quarterback being a senior and only being able to wear the shirt to games for a year before it was out of date. The other shirts really don't have an expiration date, which is nice.

Gotta switch an use Gildan - or can I request that brand?

Gotta switch an use Gildan - or can I request that brand?

I only have the Hanes nano tees. I didn't use Gildan. In general, Gildan shirts are less expensive, but they don't hold a fit as well after a few washings and they often end up to so wider than they are tall. I didn't want to sell something that won't last for a bit. The Hanes Nano tees are Hanes's response to American Apparel, so they are a bit softer, too.

If I can ask, what do you like about the Gildan tees? Did you order one of these and liked the Gildan fit better? If there is a product that is better out there, I'm willing to make a change down the road.

Playing around with some other ideas... This is a simple one that people have done for Ohio and Michigan, but I wanted to see what it looked like in Maroon and Gold. Thoughts? Like/dislike?

tumblr_m8b0s6V1uo1qc45gp.jpg

I like the idea with this one in that people could wear it for hockey, football, basketball, etc.

Attachments

• tumblr_m8b0s6V1uo1qc45gp.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 14

Elliot, if you recreate those Buck F***y shirts, I'm sure there will be buyers like myself ready to buy one.

Playing around with some other ideas... This is a simple one that people have done for Ohio and Michigan, but I wanted to see what it looked like in Maroon and Gold. Thoughts? Like/dislike?

I like the idea with this one in that people could wear it for hockey, football, basketball, etc.
Would buy.

Ohhhhh... That shirt is awesome.. Not so sure my wife's family would like it much.. but it would compliment my 'Better Dead than Red' shirt I wear exclusively for WI games.. =D

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any preference on maroon or gold? I'd like to go with a gold shirt to mix it up, but I kind of like the maroon on gold look better.

Goldy's Locker Room or the University bookstores should be making this kind of stuff; it would be great to throw the Minnesota "M" on it. Oh well.

Top Bottom