Some love for Botticelli

gophergv

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...ews.asp?sport=CFB&id=133490&line=33282&spln=1

Fantasy College Football Breaking News

Cameron Botticelli: Botticelli caugh eyes as Hageman's accomplice
Cameron Botticelli - DL - MN - Jul. 30 - 6:18 pm et
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler writes that Minnesota redshirt senior DT Cameron Botticelli stood out on film last year while he was scouting Ra'Shede Hageman.
Serving as the Gophers' nose tackle, Botticelli proved an outstanding 1-2 complement for Hageman's otherworldly athleticism. Botticelli is more of a lunch pail type, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound specimen that gives collegiate interior offensive line fits. " He is entering his third year as a starter and although his production hasn't been noteworthy (23 tackles and one sack in 2013), his ability to occupy blocks and clog run lanes will earn him looks from scouts," Brugler wrote. Jul. 30 - 6:18 pm et
Source: CBS Sports

To see more Cameron Botticelli news items click here...
To see more CFB news items click here...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! I'll admit I paid a lot more attention to Ra'Shede last year and probably don't appreciate what Cam brings to the table.

I'll second that love for a fellow pisan. Botticelli has an unglamorous role on the D-Line, but he was rock steady all year. Not a penetrator, but holds the line of attack. More valuable than many realize. Lunchpail-type is the right description. Would love to see this Milwaukee native stick it to the Badgers in Camp Randall this year and get that Axe back.

I feel that our DT will actually make an improvement versus the run this year with Botticelli and Ekpe holding down the starting jobs. Very interested in the backup DT as well. I believe Peppers and Richardson will provide solid rotational DT depth.

To stop the run you must be thick in the middle. DT, Middle linebacker, and a hammer or two at the safeties.

I am excited about Richardson. Looking at his production at a big program, his strength, his tape recently and very encouraging. He has a freakish build. He's listed at 6 feet but I be he's barely 5'11, 290 pounds with tree trunk legs and an insane motor and jump. I think he will more than replace Roland Johnson. I don't know how common it is for true freshman DT to do well but Coach K. seems high on him.

I am excited about Richardson. Looking at his production at a big program, his strength, his tape recently and very encouraging. He has a freakish build. He's listed at 6 feet but I be he's barely 5'11, 290 pounds with tree trunk legs and an insane motor and jump. I think he will more than replace Roland Johnson. I don't know how common it is for true freshman DT to do well but Coach K. seems high on him.

The last Freshman defensive lineman that he was so high on was Theiren Cockran and he didn't even play his first year. That should tell us that this guy is really good!

Our DL will have a little different flavor, but it will be improved.

Good to see Botticelli get some attention. He's truly underrated.

Top Bottom