SOME Gopher fans wanted to keep up with GSU. If you're not one of them skip this post!

I've always liked the Grambling State Tigers. A good friend of mine went there on a tennis scholarship. Their marching band is fantastic. Love the Bayou Classic. go GSU!

Back in high school....I had a friend of Middle Eastern (mother from Iran) decent. When we played NCAA Football.....he'd always pick the Fighting Camels (yes...he thought the slur was funny) to play with in dynasty mode.

I dont see how the Fighting Camels would be a slur just a different type of animal mascot. I can see how some people would be upset with the term Redskins. but not Chiefs. Have you ever heard of the 2 year Tec school in California that only plays 1 or 2 sports. The students voted and decided to have the mascot name as the Banana Slugs. Go, Slugs, Go!

Last edited:

So what was the scoop? Perhaps you need to invite the English teacher over for dinner!

I did not get to see her today to ask, but I surly will to settle our curiosity.

I've always liked the Grambling State Tigers. A good friend of mine went there on a tennis scholarship. Their marching band is fantastic. Love the Bayou Classic. go GSU!

The HBCUs take more pride in their Battle of their Bands then they do in their football teams.

Last edited:

So what was the scoop? Perhaps you need to invite the English teacher over for dinner!

I'd ask you to do that, but you would probably bed her. If she was mad with you, she would disagree with you then you'd tell me a lye & if you gave her what she needed, she would agree with you even if you were wrong. NO WIN FOR ME! :cool: I guess you would win either way!

Last edited:

Grambling State University likes just to be called Grambling and their Fans are called G-Men.

Georgia State University was a University before Georgia Southern University, but never cared about Georgia Southern using GSU until they got a football team.. Ga. State fans are called any derogatory term you choose & they will answer to it. Ga. State did care about Southern using GSU until they got a football team. Georgia State actually took us to court over the use of GSU as part of our logo.

Just to clear things up, Georgia Southern University is "THE REAL GSU"!!! :cool: :cool::cool:

I dont see how the Fighting Camels would be a slur just a different type of animal mascot. I can see how some people would be upset with the term Redskins. but not Chiefs. Have you ever heard of the 2 year Tec school in California that only plays 1 or 2 sports. The students voted and decided to have the mascot name as the Banana Slugs. Go, Slugs, Go!

Fighting camels is not the derogatory term. A derogatory term for people from the Middle East, is camel jockey.

I'd ask you to do that, but you would probably bed her. If she was mad with you she would disagree with you and you'd tell me a lye & gave her what she needed, she would agree with you even if you were wrong. NO WIN FOR ME! :cool: I guess you would win either way!

This is one of those posts that even spellcheck couldn't fix.

Fighting camels is not the derogatory term. A derogatory term for people from the Middle East, is camel jockey.

When your Middle Eastern friend played you on a computer Football game did you or your fiends call them a "The Fighting Camel Jockey? If not I don't know why he would think the Fighting Camels would be a slur.

Grambling State University likes just to be called Grambling and their Fans are called G-Men.

Georgia State University was a University before Georgia Southern University, but never cared about Georgia Southern using GSU until they got a football team.. Ga. State fans are called any derogatory term you choose & they will answer to it. Ga. State did care about Southern using GSU until they got a football team. Georgia State actually took us to court over the use of GSU as part of our logo.

Just to clear things up, Georgia Southern University is "THE REAL GSU"!!! :cool: :cool::cool:
Thanks for clearing this up. 😁

When your Middle Eastern friend played you on a computer Football game did you or your fiends call them a "The Fighting Camel Jockey? If not I don't know why he would think the Fighting Camels would be a slur.

You don't think very much.....do you.

Back in high school....I had a friend of Middle Eastern (mother from Iran) decent. When we played NCAA Football.....he'd always pick the Fighting Camels (yes...he thought the slur was funny) to play with in dynasty mode.

I'm only thinking and responding to your post & what you give me.

I'd ask you to do that, but you would probably bed her. If she was mad with you, she would disagree with you then you'd tell me a lye & if you gave her what she needed, she would agree with you even if you were wrong. NO WIN FOR ME! :cool: I guess you would win either way!
No I wouldn't do that. I love my wife so no need to put my life in the gutter.

Tough loss today....

Yes Wally it was! The only thing I can say is they were ranked #19 because they smashed Iowa State. Still we lost and a loss is a loss and they deserved the win. Its hard for me to except a loss in the last 2 seconds of the game by a field goal.:(

Last edited:

Yes Wally it was! The only thing I can say is they were ranked #19 because they smashed Iowa State. Still we lost and a loss is a loss and they deserved the win. Its hard for me to except a loss in the last 2 seconds of the game by a field goal.:(

It was especially tough when their kicker was something like 2 for 6 on field goals. Then to nail a 52 yarder at the end. I do like GSU's offensive scheme with multiple motion looks. I thought GSU played tough. I've seen too many Gopher games like this so I know how you feel.

watched a bit of game. Saw GSU get stopped on 4th short inside the 10. Their offense was clicking for a bit.

It was especially tough when their kicker was something like 2 for 6 on field goals. Then to nail a 52 yarder at the end. I do like GSU's offensive scheme with multiple motion looks. I thought GSU played tough. I've seen too many Gopher games like this so I know how you feel.

This has happened to many times to GSU in the past 4 years. If we do poorly this year I can see a coaching change comming.

watched a bit of game. Saw GSU get stopped on 4th short inside the 10. Their offense was clicking for a bit.

Like I said to Rescooter

This has happened to many times to GSU in the past 4 years. If we do poorly this year I can see a coaching change comming.

GSU managed to get by Campbell's Camel Soup...unfortunately they had to play a University with a football team this past Saturday.

Like I said to Rescooter

It was interesting to watch that game. In all honesty, I wondered about the going for 2. I don't think you would have seen UL try press the field as much (which for whatever reason, they didn't all game which completely derailed their offense which was moving when Lewis was passing), which would've put it in overtime in a condensed field, which would have probably moved into your favor given how consistently you were running the ball and how tired ULs defense looked. Instead UL went to forcing the ball further down the field and chunked you guys to get off a long FG attempt and it sounds like from the presser, they had confidence in the kicker and were redeemed. Fun game, tough loss. Good luck the rest of the way.

It was interesting to watch that game. In all honesty, I wondered about the going for 2. I don't think you would have seen UL try press the field as much (which for whatever reason, they didn't all game which completely derailed their offense which was moving when Lewis was passing), which would've put it in overtime in a condensed field, which would have probably moved into your favor given how consistently you were running the ball and how tired ULs defense looked. Instead UL went to forcing the ball further down the field and chunked you guys to get off a long FG attempt and it sounds like from the presser, they had confidence in the kicker and were redeemed. Fun game, tough loss. Good luck the rest of the way.

Going for 2. I wouldn't have done that either. I would have tied it up and gone for overtime & yet GSU made the 2 pointer with 53 seconds left. I thought with those 2 points GSU would have, won but no our defense played to loose or maybe they just beat our defense no matter what we used.

GSU managed to get by Campbell's Camel Soup...unfortunately they had to play a University with a football team this past Saturday.

And you just got by a G5 GSU team by 3 points & we were not ranked! ndsuStocker has a right to barge though! This is not to put your team down - JUST STOCKERS PRIDE! By the way, App. State had a big problem with Campbell's front offensive line averages 315lbs at an average Hight of 6-4 & has a very good QB!

Last edited:

And you just got by G5 GSU by 3 points & we were not ranked! Stocker has a right to barge though! This is not to put your team down - JUST STOCKERS PRIDE!

Bragging about a loss a year ago.

Bragging about a win over Campbell's Marching Football Band.

Good for you.

Bragging about a loss a year ago.

Bragging about a win over Campbell's Marching Football Band.

Good for you.

Are you bragging about a 3 point win against an unranked G5 GSU team vs a Big10 P5 team a year ago????? My, you really dont have much to stand on right Mr. ndsuStocker? :(

The rest of you pay attention between Stockers and my posts,

Last edited:

Are you bragging about a 3 point win against an unranked G5 GSU team vs a Big10 P5 team a year ago????? My, you really dont have much to stand on right Mr. ndsuStocker? :(

The rest of you pay attention between Stockers and my posts,

The win/game against GSU will be a stain against the program that we'll never recover from.

Top Bottom