Softball Recruiting

Is tomorow's Alumni game set to be a real game? It seems each year not enough alumni show up to have a game, more like a scrimmage. Only worth driving 75 mi to see if there's no way to see the incoming new players perform. Any info?

If I have this figured correctly, I think that 2023 recruiting might be complete. There are 3 Graduate players and 3 Seniors on the current roster. There are currently six 2023 commitments:

Jessa Snippes, MN, Pitcher
Cameron Grayson, IN, Pitcher
Lucy Hooper, KS, SS
Lacie Lilyquist, WI, Utility
Brooklyn Jones, MN, Catcher
Tara Wolocko, TX, Catcher/3rd Base

It's good to see that there are both two catchers and 2 pitchers.

If I have this figured correctly, I think that 2023 recruiting might be complete. There are 3 Graduate players and 3 Seniors on the current roster. There are currently six 2023 commitments:

Lucy Hooper, KS, SS

what is the scoop on these 2 pitchers?

Lucy Hooper, KS, SS

That post didn't age well! Gophers received another 2023 commitment from Macy Richardson of Tecumseh, NE who is a Pitcher/Utility player. I could find very little information about her. Her high school does not have a softball program. She only played travel ball.

Last edited:

Latest 2024 commit is Tinley Easton from Lexington, KY
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SO EXCITED to be given the opportunity to play D1 softball at the University of Minnesota! Above all, I want to thank God for the path he paved for me. Thank you to everyone who supported me! SKI-U-MAH!! 💛💛 <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherSoftball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherSoftball</a> <a href="https://t.co/rJsyRM5JnY">pic.twitter.com/rJsyRM5JnY</a></p>&mdash; Tinley Easton (@tinleyy2) <a href="">November 5, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When is signing day? Little frustrated as my step-daughter is really good but isn't getting the attention that I think she deserves.

For the incoming class that will be freshman in the 2025 season we currently have two commitments (Susa from Ohio and Easton from Kentucky) who will fill spots left by four graduating players who are now Juniors (Hambrick, Ehlke, Ceynowa, and Gardner).

Are there any Minnesota high school players who are currently Juniors that we should really be looking at to add to that group?

For the incoming class that will be freshman in the 2025 season we currently have two commitments (Susa from Ohio and Easton from Kentucky) who will fill spots left by four graduating players who are now Juniors (Hambrick, Ehlke, Ceynowa, and Gardner).

Are there any Minnesota high school players who are currently Juniors that we should really be looking at to add to that group?
Also documented in this thread was the commitment of Cameron Chard of Belle Plaine. I suspect she was their #1 target among in-state players for 2024, although there are always several local/regional players out there who project as a potential contributor in a P5 conference so we will probably see more commitments from this group as the coaches see how they perform in their junior year of HS and travel ball this summer.

I am interested in whether UCLA’s addition to the conference will eventually help other B1G programs recruit head-to-head with PAC and SEC programs for more top players. I’m sure coaches are already using this in their recruiting pitches especially to Cali players and stud regional players with SEC and/or PAC options.

Last edited:

As I truly believe the PAC is on life support, I think it's demise will bring more players to the B1G and elsewhere. More so I think once they create a payroll in the B1G, players will flock from everywhere.

Another 2024 commitment - Jae Cosgriff from Livermore. CA

Top Bottom