So how do you guys really feel about Huskers coming to town?

THIS... yes please! You can bet next time we get on the goal line to go for it on 4th and inches, we'll not go shotgun again... sheese.:unsure:
Can you though....I mean can you really be certain they wouldn't roll out there in shotgun again? Have seen lots of teams do this at the goal line and in short yardage situations and I hate it every single time.

THIS... yes please! You can bet next time we get on the goal line to go for it on 4th and inches, we'll not go shotgun again... sheese.:unsure:
From Scott's presser it sounds like you will. He liked and defended the call -- just lamented Yant stumbling in the backfield

This is Nebraska's best team since Pelini - solid, physical, much better on defense (may give Morgan fits) and Martinez may be the best dual threat QB in the nation and can make big plays out of nothing. Gophers have been inconsistent, lackluster in MAC games, lost top two running backs, are last in the B10 in passing, and generally a question mark - play-calling also sub-par. Huskers should win by a couple of touchdowns unless Gophers can run (with 3rd and 4th stringers) and play their best game of the year so far. Nebraska has had much tougher competition, so stats don't mean much. Their Oklahoma, MSU and Michigan games were impressive and made the statement that they are back.
Wow...

I think there is a good chance Nebraska will beat Iowa … and that Frost will end the season a hero of sorts.

On the 4th down going for it thing...memory suggests that in 2019 Tanner was actually put under center for a 1/2 yard gain for the first time in his career and fumbled the snap (but recovered but not for the 1st down). Maybe the Auburn bowl game?

Anywho, it is not a given for QBs or centers for that matter that are never asked do it. Higher risk of screw-up than might be thought on the surface.

This may not be popular. I think Trev Alberts should keep Scott Frost for at least another season.

He's learned some hard lessons as a relatively new head coach. Fire him, and Nebraska will continue the tailspin of coaching changes every four or five years.

Nebraska shot themselves in the foot. I think those are correctable. What Nebraska need is coaching stability. The coaches and the players went through the pain of a lot losing a lot of close games.

I predict that the Huskers will have a winning record next season, and may knock off a few teams.

I think they will probably be more relaxed for the rest of the season and play spoiler for the Gophers just like what Purdue did by knocking Iowa.

Top Bottom